Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any reason to use the Vasto prime?

(PSN)Dexter307

Question

When compared to something like the lex prime, the Vasto prime has a lower status chance, a lower crit chance, lower DPS both in burst and sustained, lower damage per shot, and a smaller magazine.

The Vasto prime shoots faster and reloads faster but that is about it.

16 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Schregger said:

The time its get the Ak treatment is not happening fast enough.

I feel you. Believe me. It was my favorite weapon for a long time when I first started playing, just because it's the only true "gunslinger" style secondary in the game. I have been waiting for a prime version for quite a while. 

Let me hand you an oar, cause we are in the same boat ;P

I hope you're aware that this game has the classic "there is no reason to play any weapon else than the top tier else than having fun" problem.

Some weapons aren't top tier but are fun to play (like staticor / sonicor) while most of them are just garbage compared to the top tier of weapons.

Vasto p goes into the second category, it's garbage and is just here because of the mastery rank and "oh look, shiny weapon"

It's decent enough.

The problem with it is its excessive recoil. It should be a much faster, higher dps weapon than the LexP (like Lex vs. Vasto), but it's not because of the recoil. It's fast reload can work with some of the new school mods, but you're always going to be fighting that recoil.

Hopefully, the akimbo version fares better.

Yea, big reason, style. And fashion.

You may laugh to this but there is level in warframe when most of your decisions will base on this. Most of my frames could "kill you with a spoon" how efficient they are. Then why not using whatever you like? 

Vasto Prime won't hit as hard nor put out as much DPS as Lex Prime or Vaykor Marelok, but y'know paper numbers aren't everything. With its much higher ROF, Vasto Prime is a lot more forgiving of missed/wasted shots, and can more easily deal with large crowds of weaker targets. The incredibly fast reload means you have little to no downtime, and is a godsend for players that are habitual reloaders. There's also Arcane Awakening.

It's not top-tier, but it's still a decent enough weapon and could be a lot more comfortable to use for some players compared to the much slower, longer to reload competition. Also, some people really like the look of revolvers.

But yeah, it could really do with a damage buff IMO. About +33% should bring it roughly in line with the.Lex Prime.

12 hours ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

Until it gets the "Ak" treatment, no, not really. Just build, max and hold onto it until then.

Semi auto weapons are restricted to 10RPS, and Vasto Prime already hits 8.64 after Lethal Torrent. AkVasto Prime would therefore be rather pointless. Most people can't consistently click at 10RPS for very long anyway without macro assistance, let alone anything higher.

Edited by OniGanon

2 hours ago, OniGanon said:

Vasto Prime won't hit as hard nor put out as much DPS as Lex Prime or Vaykor Marelok, but y'know paper numbers aren't everything. With its much higher ROF, Vasto Prime is a lot more forgiving of missed/wasted shots, and can more easily deal with large crowds of weaker targets. The incredibly fast reload means you have little to no downtime, and is a godsend for players that are habitual reloaders. There's also Arcane Awakening.

It's not top-tier, but it's still a decent enough weapon and could be a lot more comfortable to use for some players compared to the much slower, longer to reload competition. Also, some people really like the look of revolvers.

But yeah, it could really do with a damage buff IMO. About +33% should bring it roughly in line with the.Lex Prime.

Semi auto weapons are restricted to 10RPS, and Vasto Prime already hits 8.64 after Lethal Torrent. AkVasto Prime would therefore be rather pointless. Most people can't consistently click at 10RPS for very long anyway without macro assistance, let alone anything higher.

Bind fire to mouse wheel, spin mouse wheel, problem solved*.

*Need a frictionless mousewheel though. 

I still like it. the Vasto was one of my first Secondaries, and I was beaming when someone told me there was a prime. I've had it for some time now, and it's stylish and pretty decent for slash damage. mine still one-shots trash mobs on headshots, which I find easy to attain with that particular gun.

but it would be nice to see a buff or an Akimbo version. thankfully AkStiletto Prime disproved all the nay-sayers who said there wouldn't be anymore akimbo primed pistols (suck a lemon, haters, Akimbo bling will never die!!). it'll be a while, but one day we just might see the fabled AkVasto/AkLex prime.