Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prices to high?

Gefy

Question

So I was checking prices for stance mods on http://wftrading.net/melee/ cuz I have a lot and I find the prices are very high for some mods I have such as Crimson Dervish. I mean 50 plat for a MOD!? Should I keep the mod or should I sell it for the 50 plat? And this goes for all the Stance mods I have. Some are 10 plat and some are 50 WTF?? So, should I sell my uncommon stances such as fracturing wind for 5 plat and my Crimson Dervish for 50? Or should I just keep them to myself?Okay, basically what I'm saying is, will people buy something like High Noon for 30 plat? I mean it is pretty high(noon). So, should I put the Mod prices down a bit to get more profit or should I sell them at the Medium price as seen on wftrading?

EDIT: Do not focus on my Crimson Dervish, I will probs not sell it at all. So, think of my other mods such as High noon and the rest, I repeat, I will not sell my Crimson Dervish.

Thankls, Gefy

Edited by Gefy

12 answers to this question

well, you cant sell ALL the stances. if you keep an eye on the trade chat, and the trade forum, you'll see that out of the 50 stances or so, 10 of them are the rarest. even stances that are 'rare' in type can be sold for like 10-15p. now crimson dervish, which drops from bombards, is VERY rare, so if you only have 1 version of it, and you don't use it (don't like swords) then I guess u can sell it. but keep in mind that you may not be so lucky to get it again (personally it never dropped for me, and I have 1300 hours in the game) 

as for the uncommon mods, most of them aren't that hard to find, so you can't even sell them since most people have them. like fracturing wind for example....it drops from infested chargers, so it's the most common stance you'd find. I have like 300 of them 

also, I heard that most WFtrading prices are a bit out of date. I suggest https://warframe.market/ if you want to buy/sell stuff 

Some mods are harder to obtain than others and sometimes people are willing to pay good money for something they have no luck with or can't be bothered to grind for. Tempo Royale, for example sells for 100+ plat, or at least used to few weeks back.

Personally I keep one given stance mod for myself and any duplicate I get I sell or give to a friend who needs it.

Not sure if High Noon would sell for 30 plat but it's certainly one of the stances that isn't too common and the amount of plat you can get for it is nothing to sniff at.

Try your luck. Other of the widely used trading sites is warframe.market, you can use it to cross-reference the prices of a mod.

Edited by Lijka

Each person defines the price, there are no such things as ripoffs or unfair prices.

If you feel something is to expensive, try getting the mod yourself or search for another seller, if you believe your hard work isn't being compensated fairly, then decline the offers and search for other buyers, what matters is that both entities end up happy.

As for the use of websites to get an idea, do be carefull, as many sellers already have a price ready for you, and no complaining about it being expensive or X website telling ppl sell it for less will help you, never expect the sellers or the buyers to state the same amount of plat. Some sellers will even actively dismiss any pricing on websites, they find a way to calculate a price (rarity, avaiability in the inventory) and they will fixate a price regardless of any opinions.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

3 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

personally it never dropped for me, and I have 1300 hours in the game

Jesus, that makes me feel INSANELY lucky! But since it's so rare, I won't sell it, at least, probably not

Actually it continuously surprises me how stable the prices are in Warframe.  Bread and butter mods (and syndicate mods) are still 8-10p like they always were, prices for prime parts, frames and weapons are like they always were (e.g. a Braton Prime or something like that will still be around 20p).  The exceptions are when there's a high demand for things, and a relatively low supply.  That can be traced to various causes - e.g. if something's been vaulted, is rare because it drops off a mob type that's in an annoying type of mission, a particular type of weapon or warframe build becomes a popular "meta" and everyone's clamouring for it, etc., etc.  But those usually even out over time as well.