Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best AOE Primaries/Secondaries for Mirage HoM build

Exitz

Question

Hello everybody!

I'm looking for some great aoe weapons for my mirage to play with her "imaginary" friends. Yes i'm talking about Hall of Maleivolence and it's augment build.

I'm lookig for those kind a weapons, and i tought you guys can help me out :P 

So let's get it started. NO tonkor/Sonicor mentions please ;) Thanks

What i'm looking for in a weapon is: good range, no self dmg, easy to hit targets.
What i'm not! looking for in a weapon is: somewhat limited range, S#&$ty ammo efficiency.

SImulor, Torid and other def oriented weapons are OK but if it mentioned please label it with a (D).
Thanks

12 answers to this question

With the specifications you have the only thing that comes to mind is the Quanta (Vandal). The AoE aspect may not reach far but it doesn't damage yourself, and you have the very ammo efficient laser that reaches a good distance and is accurate for sweeping headshots. Can also equip Combustion Beam for AoE damage on kills.

The Ignis flamethrower could also be used. Now has good range and punchthrough. Not the best if you're wanting to go high level since the damage is pretty low compared to other weapons. Can use Firestorm to increase its AoE and Combustion Beam for additional AoE explosions.

For secondaries, I'd recommend the Staticor. Ok AoE on regular shots with a fairly large AoE on charged shots. Innate Radiation damage, so can have a 3 elemental build. No self damage.

On 18 April 2016 at 7:35 PM, OverlordMcGeek said:

An amprex with punchthrough works wonders. Excellent CC.

Carpet bombing with kulstar is always fun. Twin grakata will even out damage and ammo consumption with a steady maintained dps.

I'm a big fan of the Amprex on HoM Mirage.  Not quite as OP as the Synoid Simulor, but pretty hot stuff and funner to use, IMHO.

The Synoid Simulor isn't a defensive oriented weapon - and especially the case with a properly setup Hall of Malevolence Mirage, can be modded to deadly heights. I run it to detonate above enemies heads on every trigger pull, with some crit chance to help. This tends to trigger the Syndicate AoE a lot, and in turn allows extensive use of Prism for extra damage should that be a goal.

It depends on the mission type - very rarely should you find a one-weapon-loadout-fits-all scenario, so you should try out as many as you can for yourself and see which suit your playstyles. 

I personally use the Atomos as one of my main secondaries, with Ruinous Extension and Primed Heated Charge (along with the usual suspect mods) you can clear out areas very quickly.

One other suggestion would be to utilise a throwing secondary - the Hikou Prime is a typical choice - and use Concealed explosives to generate explosions. Beware these do cause self damage, but some concessions can be necessary or your choices will be extremely limited. I occasionally use a Payload Angstrum for static defences, but bear in mind this is one-shot yourself territory if you get caught in the blast.

When I see people with HoM Mirage, they're almost always using Synoid Simulor.  Amprex, Ignis, Quanta, and Atomos with Ruinous Extension all work great with HoM Mirage.  Hikou Prime would work well, but since you said you don't want self-harm, you won't be able to use Concealed Explosive which is part of the fun.

Most of the ones I can think of have already been mentioned (Synoid Simulor seems to be the most common from what I've seen), but I'll add a couple of my own suggestions.

Torid.  This seems to be a lot less popular with other people, but I love my infested launcher.  Mod it for status chance and appropriate elements, and use HoM to put tons of clouds of pain out there (corrosive's stacking procs are especially lovely against enemies that rely on armor.)

Rakta Cernos.  This one's perhaps not as good, but it's certainly fun.  Mod with Split Chamber and Thunderbolt (the rest of it is up to you), and prepare to laugh maniacally until you run out of ammo.