Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what weapons are affected by prime reach?

(PSN)satsukixpenny

Question

8 answers to this question

It's a percentage increase, so obviously weapons with mid-to-long reach are going to be the most affected. However, there are a few weapons I feel benefit from P Reach in a way that redeems critical shortcomings.

Scindo Prime has embarrassing range for a greataxe. Even with Reach, it has difficulty hitting enemies that appear to be within range. With P Reach, its range is no longer a shortcoming.

The secret difference between Dual Cleavers and Prisma Dual Cleavers is the latter are slightly longer. P Reach makes them beastly (don't build for red crits, though).

As for Nikana P, you'll notice a much bigger difference if you use the Blind Justice stance, which normally suffers from very short range. It's by far my favorite Nikana stance because the guard combo is highly mobile and has a great knockdown finisher; and the third attack on the delayed combo is a maneuverable Slash Dash with ten distinct hits. If ancients or heavy gunners ever pin you in a corner and you can't move, use this attack and they'll turn into confetti.

All melee weapons are affected including Hysteria and Primal Fury. I believe it affects Exatled Blade as well but it less noticeable and somewhat not worth using anyway since EB is a 40m wave. Reach is like Momaw said very noticeable on weapons with already high base range. These include mostly:Whips, Polearms, Staffs, Heavy Weapons, and some random other weapons.

Also I find it odd you didn't notice P Reaches affect on Nikana P, I personally love it on it. Instead of 1 enemy hit at a time I can hit multiple enemies with it on Nikana P in my experience.

Edited by rawr1254

1 hour ago, rawr1254 said:

All melee weapons are affected including Hysteria and Primal Fury. I believe it affects Exatled Blade as well but it less noticeable and somewhat not worth using anyway since EB is a 40m wave. Reach is like Momaw said very noticeable on weapons with already high base range. These include mostly:Whips, Polearms, Staffs, Heavy Weapons, and some random other weapons.

Also I find it odd you didn't notice P Reaches affect on Nikana P, I personally love it on it. Instead of 1 enemy hit at a time I can hit multiple enemies with it on Nikana P in my experience.

^This^ + Deconstructor

If you didn't already know, you can unlock the Simulacrum in the Sanctuary in Relays so you can easily equip and unequip Primed Reach... then use the spark fx when you melee attack walls (and maybe even Waypoint the wall to determine meter distance) to compare Primed Reach to default range.