Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Forma

dodorichard

Question

hitting the upper limit of my Excal and favorite weapons so will just have to forma stuff now. 

Can I only forma one at at time? Or can I do more than one?

I want to rank up to level 30 ASAP and Draco seems the best bet, but bringing a rank 0 frame to that is asking for trouble, how do you guys do it?

7 answers to this question

You have forma all your gear (Frame, Primary, Secondary and melee) at once, but you can forma them individually again until they're rank 30.

And yes, Draco is the best place atm, just go there with your unranked gear and you'll get them maxed soon. (If you're doing public that is)

If your frame is potato-ed, then put an Aura mod like Rifle amp or Energy Syphon so you can slap a shield and health mods on there. Then run some low level survival missions on Mercury and stay until you get to level 8 or so. Slap a rank 8-10 health and shield mods on dere. Then run Dark Sector excavation 10-20 on Venus. Then do the same on Pluto Hiercon.

I am able to rank up to 30 on Hiercon within 2-3 runs on any frame.

Each forma resets you to rank 0, so you can only do one at a time (per weapon/frame, I'm a little unclear on your wording).  Probably ought to hit the aura slot first on 'Scallybutt, to get the extra mod capacity at rank 0 off the bat.

Bring weapons powerful enough to compensate, slap survivability mods on your frame, play defensively, and don't be excessively shocked at a bit of toxicity if you go down in the first round.  Personally, I bring my Synoid Simulor, and use the terrain by D as cover.

Like a real player should, grinding it legitimately (and not Draco, sorry not sorry)

Current method:

- Apollodrus with a healing effect (usually sancti tigris). Warframe should be loaded up for survival (health, shields, etc.). Normally gets 10 levels past 30m without a booster.

- Any saturn survival (elite lancers for xp), stay longer for more XP/affinity. Your frame should be built for survival still (unless you are confident), or...

- T1-T2 Survival

-or-

- Spam Pluto/Ceres Spy missions till your eyes grow white

I am a casual, so you can probably do some higher leveled survivals at the start.

Edited by p3z1

9 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

- Spam Pluto/Ceres Spy missions till your eyes grow white

don't really need to spam, the 3 Vaults + some Stealth Kills along the way is a pretty significant amount of XP.
especially if you get Stealth Kills with the thing(s) you're Leveling. Sleep Arrow helps a lot there, allowing you can even get Stealth Kills with a Machine Pistol.

I don't always Draco, but when I do, I prefer to do a couple spy missions first so I'm not a complete liability. Draco farming really only pays off if you get get to the 3rd or 4th wave, and you going down constantly without being able to contribute with your 3 or 4 skill makes it that much harder for the squad to carry you. Why spy? because each undetected retrieval gives you a sizable chunk of XP that goes to all your gear, not just what you've been using.

Also, I'd make sure you keep at least one weapon (I usually do a melee or primary weapon) un-forma'd, so you can quickly and reliably kill stuff. Once the forma'd stuff are back to at least the mid-20s, then you can forma whatever weapon you didn't do the first time.

Another possibility is to only bring two weapons, one you plan on using and one you forma'd. Since you don't normally use the weapons you're leveling on Draco (especially if you start with them unranked), nearly all of it's XP is going to come from allied kills, and that is divided 25% to your frame, and 75% divided between whatever weapons you have, and fewer weapons earn a bigger share of that 75%.

Edited by Foefaller

I like to run some high-level Dark Sector Defense, e.g. Akkad on Eris has that nice safe spot
up on the container where even the squishiest Frame can make it through 20 Waves.

With a Frost around, you can also do some Void Defense and just stay under the Globe for safety.