Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Reward ffs

KowalGaming

To be honest, I was going to open the same topic, this is the 8th day in a row that I get x25 Fusion Cores... and I'm still missing Snipetron Vandal Barrel, Stock and Vazarin / Zenurik Lens. 

I never missed a day since Season 6 started and this is getting kinda out of control... I thought the reward system was sort of dynamic and if I got grouped up with 3 players wiho already have the items I need, I should still be able to get what I'm missing, instead, I'm getting x25 fusion cores every damn time... this is forcing people to solo the last Sortie to try to get the items they need and it's not cool at all.

What if they changed it so every time you roll the 25 r5 core reward, you get a bonus 5-10 r5 cores multiplied by the number of times you've rolled the 25 r5 core reward that season?

5 minutes ago, RyogoKusama said:

To be honest, I was going to open the same topic, this is the 8th day in a row that I get x25 Fusion Cores... and I'm still missing Snipetron Vandal Barrel, Stock and Vazarin / Zenurik Lens. 

I never missed a day since Season 6 started and this is getting kinda out of control... I thought the reward system was sort of dynamic and if I got grouped up with 3 players wiho already have the items I need, I should still be able to get what I'm missing, instead, I'm getting x25 fusion cores every damn time... this is forcing people to solo the last Sortie to try to get the items they need and it's not cool at all.

Pretty sure that was changed so it doesn't matter if you're solo or with a group as far as the rng on the reward is concerned.

1 minute ago, KnotOfMetal said:

What if they changed it so every time you roll the 25 r5 core reward, you get a bonus 5-10 r5 cores multiplied by the number of times you've rolled the 25 r5 core reward that season?

Pretty sure that was changed so it doesn't matter if you're solo or with a group as far as the rng on the reward is concerned.

It will change nothing, you can play sortie once a day and getting 25 +(5*times a row) is still not enough, DE said that Sortie is typical "end game" mission, it's easy for me but for other it's hard, imagine that you are MR 7-8 and you try reaky hard to do Sortei and after Hard Work you get beautyfull 25 R5, Rage quit and insta uninstal

5 hours ago, RyogoKusama said:

The chance for items does not change no matter how much you have checked off. Playing solo or grouped does not change these chances. You can still "roll" any item you already have from sorties, but since you already have it, then it's replaced with fusion cores. The same the other way. You can get an item that you don't have yet, but maybe the other 3 in a squad do have it, so they'll get cores.

23 minutes ago, TheJagji said:

If sorties are meant to be 'end game' content, then why is it giving out cores in the first place?

What do you suggest replacing cores with as the "default" reward that's also always usable no matter how many seasons it's rewarded? End game is your mods maxed to provide the most benefit (or Fashion Frame). That's the role of fusion cores as "end game" rewards.

14 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

I thought you weren't supposed to get the same sorties reward 2 days in a row wasn't that the initial and official statement a few updates back??

And you don't of the non-repeatable rewards like Nezha, lenses, or weapon parts. You need a "default" reward though or you're just not going to give a reward at all if it's not something different.

1 hour ago, Maicael said:

What do you suggest replacing cores with as the "default" reward that's also always usable no matter how many seasons it's rewarded? End game is your mods maxed to provide the most benefit (or Fashion Frame). That's the role of fusion cores as "end game" rewards.

I don't know. But going from what was said in the last dev stream, what ever will replace the FC's in the new fusion system.

2 hours ago, ranks21 said:

I thought you weren't supposed to get the same sorties reward 2 days in a row wasn't that the initial and official statement a few updates back??

Yeah, tell that to the new void drop tables, specifically T4 endless rotations, where DE said that "Rotation C guarantees a prime part."

lol, isn't all rewards repeatable? if a dev can't back up their own words why must we the players believe anything they say? maybe youre the kind of person that believe everything from hear say but I sure isn't, I'm the hard believing Thomas and you'll have to prove yourself and back your words. just too much ray-ray bs nowadays all words but no substance.. seeing is believing and in this case experience does all the talking.

Edited by ranks21

19 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

lol, isn't all rewards repeatable? if a dev can't back up their own words why must we the players believe anything they say? maybe youre the kind of person that believe everything from hear say but I sure isn't, I'm the hard believing Thomas and you'll have to prove yourself and back your words. just too much ray-ray bs nowadays all words but no substance.. seeing is believing and in this case experience does all the talking.

No, all rewards are not repeatable in terms of the checked off ones.

Let's say RNG rolls and you land on Vazarin lens, the Vazarin will be checked and highlighted. Then RNG rolls again when you do another sortie and you land on Vazarin, but you already have it this season, you'll be given 25/R5 cores instead.

Edited by KJRenz

and it rolls back to the dev stream and hotfix where they said you wont be getting the same reward 2 days in a row yet players are still getting the same reward (25 cores) more than a week straight.  isn't that the same reward? and doesn't that contradicts what they spew out their mouths? and if this was in an actual court room what do you think the judge would decide on? lmao.

Edited by ranks21

27 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

and it rolls back to the dev stream and hotfix where they said you wont be getting the same reward 2 days in a row yet players are still getting the same reward (25 cores) more than a week straight.  isn't that the same reward? and doesn't that contradicts what they spew out their mouths? and if this was in an actual court room what do you think the judge would decide on? lmao.

Pretty sure a judge/jury would still side with DE. There's a difference between a board meeting and discussing ideas (like the Devstreams) and actually entering into a contractual obligation between parties. If you don't like getting repeat rewards (like fusion cores) they could always make it to where if you don't roll a new reward, then you don't get anything at all. That still satisfies your condition of not repeating rewards.

From Hotfix 18.4.5

Sortie Changes

• Season 4 is here - but why the long wait, you ask? Read on to find out!
  • We've categorized Sortie Rewards in two: repeatable and non-repeatable. The world state window now displays these two categories.
  • Non-repeatable Sortie Rewards have a check box in-front of them. Once you receive that reward, the box is checked off, ensuring you won't receive it again in the currently active Season.
  • When a non-repeatable reward is removed from the list, it's reward spot is substituted by a 25 x Rare 5 or 50 x Rare 5 Core bundle.
  • Repeatable rewards can be received multiple times, as the name implies.
  • Please note that repeatable and non-repeatable assignments could change depending on feedback and more. For example, while many players are frustrated with getting repeat Lenses, some recipes rely on duplicate Lenses to craft. We will be watching and reading over the next while to assess.

watch the dev stream and then read what is written in what you have quoted and then decide IF the judge would side with DE. saying one thing out loud but doing the total opposite still would not hold up. and when they said you wont be getting the same rewards two times in a row repeatable or not ( labeled)  you should not get 25 cores back to back<, if it was 25 and the next one was 50 that would make it 2 different rewards just by its volume but both being 25 cores= SAME.  repeatable but not the same = different

Edited by ranks21

Too bad they didn't make everything on repeatable and if your RNG lands you on a reward you already got, it just rerolls it so people don't keep getting 25 cores every day for the sorties, and gives a better chance at finishing the items people actually want. IMO R5 cores are not a bad thing to have as loot in end game content. I'm MR16 and have plenty of maxed out frames/weapons with multiple forma etc, I'm still ranking up mods all the time, newer ones, R10s, Primed mods, all take hundreds of cores etc. However if you get 25x cores once, you shouldn't be forced to endure getting it again, but then everyone would sortie every day and get the shiny rewards they want, and they wouldn't have to spend platinum to buy it, and DE's bank accounts would shrink somewhat, so we the player base are forced to endure this garbage day in and day out until we give up on it.

2 hours ago, magusat999 said:

I wonder why the repeatable rewards have to continually repeat the same repeatable award. Getting 25x cores three times in a row... come on - what about the other repeatable rewards...?

7 hours ago, Maicael said:

Sortie Changes

• When a non-repeatable reward is removed from the list, it's reward spot is substituted by a 25 x Rare 5 or 50 x Rare 5 Core bundle.

So if you get 25x cores 3 days in a row it's because Day 1 it would have been Nezha Chassis, but defaulted to garbage, Day 2 maybe it was the Snipertron Receiver, but you already had it so it defaulted to garbage, etc. What they should do is make everything a 1 time per reason reward and if you roll the same loot, reroll until you get something different. That case you might still get 25 cores, but you won't again in that season so you don't have to tense up as you finish sortie 3 to see if you completed it for a reason that day or not.

3 hours ago, Fistandantalus said:

So if you get 25x cores 3 days in a row it's because Day 1 it would have been Nezha Chassis, but defaulted to garbage, Day 2 maybe it was the Snipertron Receiver, but you already had it so it defaulted to garbage, etc. What they should do is make everything a 1 time per reason reward and if you roll the same loot, reroll until you get something different. That case you might still get 25 cores, but you won't again in that season so you don't have to tense up as you finish sortie 3 to see if you completed it for a reason that day or not.

So assuming this was implemented it would make it much easier to obtain all the non-repeatable rewards, right? If it's made to easily obtain all the non-repeatables every season, then what about when rewards get cycled through again? There will be new players to do it, but you're also going to have players complaining "I already have all this, there's no point for me to do the Sorties at all this season." It was already happening within the first 3 seasons in having Karak Wraith/Dera Vandal as rewards and receiving multiple parts in a season. That same issue is also showing itself in the forums with Baro Ki'Teer when he brings back old items.

It's funny really... I'm on the other side of this, but all for a redux. All I'm getting are weapon parts, most of which I don't even or ever will need again, at this point and all I want are the cores. I have to agree fully that the 25 and 50 are terrible counts. We can pick up 25 fairly quickly if only on Draco alone and that's in full disregard of the other sources. At minimum, it should be like what was suggested and be 50 and 100 R5.

This was a suggestion I had on fusion cores right around when the system was first changed. Seems like so long ago I'd completely forgotten about it. Perhaps this could, at the very least, alleviate some frustration?

I still think that fusion cores are the best reward solution that's given as a default. Lenses are a Sortie only reward that could be used instead, but I don't think I'd have as much use for that many lenses compared to cores.

On 4/22/2016 at 10:00 PM, Maicael said:

So assuming this was implemented it would make it much easier to obtain all the non-repeatable rewards, right? If it's made to easily obtain all the non-repeatables every season, then what about when rewards get cycled through again? There will be new players to do it, but you're also going to have players complaining "I already have all this, there's no point for me to do the Sorties at all this season." It was already happening within the first 3 seasons in having Karak Wraith/Dera Vandal as rewards and receiving multiple parts in a season. That same issue is also showing itself in the forums with Baro Ki'Teer when he brings back old items.

Fair enough, the biggest problem is if people play a couple hours at least a day and complete a sortie a day, and still don't get the unique weapon that season because of the redundancy of fusion cores because RNGesus hates them that season or forever, it makes long term players annoyed and hate the game. if there is a reward pool that size and i still can't get snipetron while doing the sortie every day and i have to wait (probably months) to be able to get it again, then yes I think the system is messed up.

This game is free to play and is designed to be pay to get what you want, while still being in 'beta' on PC. this system alone is beyond logic and DE makes enough money from platinum sales, they can easily make a game that reasonably follows logic on drop rates in different areas, and makes difficult to farm parts/items without making everything hard to obtain like they are trying right now. 

You will never please everyone but if you base your system on basic logic (like T4 surv granting a forma BP and a T3 Surv granting a fully crafted forma: this being 1 of a thousand examples of the broken logic thrown together lazy bulls h ! t DE has displayed) you can at least try a little and pretend you care when building these loot tables and the percentages at which things drop.

I don't mind farming for 5% drops, but when it's 3 different items on 1 level and the level has 3 different ~25% drops it becomes frustrating. I get it's free to play and they want money, but maybe they should balance the s h ! t; they have and focus on making the game they've developed over how many years viable as an entire system before they start releasing other frames and weapons etc etc to make us think they are making progress. They aren't and haven't been a long long time time for them to stop trying to be flashy and fix this sh !tstorm we all call a game once and for all or i'm probably quitting again and for good.

Edited by Fistandantalus