Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How well is Ivara's 4'th ability vs high lvls?

GhostlyGoatzz

Question

So, i really wanted to get Saryn Prime as my next frame, but since i need alot of Nitain Exracts and i've heard they take like 4 ever to get each i've kinda given up on her.

Then i was thinking, since i got some plats and i still need Nitain Exracts for Ivara, i could maybe just buy her for plat(to lazy for farm), but im kinda worried that she will be falling off in damage with her 4'th ability bow on high level missions. So my questions are:

Is it fast to get 6 Nitain Exracts?

Does Ivara's bow do good amount of damage against high levels, comparing it to my Dread? :)

Thank's in advance.

Ghost.

12 answers to this question

I go up to around level 100 enemies without any major damage issues with it and only with Intensify on her. The thing is, at higher levels you have to almost consider it like a shotgun, if the enemies are further away, you can hit multiple enemies but less damage to each enemy as the arrows are spread through them, at close range you might only hit one enemy but it will deal a massive amount of damage because all arrows hit that one enemy, though that also makes it rather versatile (shoot trash mobs from far since they are easy to kill you can hit multiple enemies and spend less energy, shoot heavies from closer since they will need multiple arrows to die).

The build in your primary weapon matters a lot as well, not just the Warframe mods, so a good primary build usually makes the bow a whole lot better.

you can get the extracts over the course of a few days, the alerts pop up every few hours.

Ivara's final ability scales off of you primary weapon mods, except shotgun and syndicate mods. it is a powerhouse if Ivara and your Primary are modded correctly .

you like Dread? think of that, but you shoot off 7 arrows in a vertical pattern if you dont charge the shot. amazing single target dps; comboed with Prowl for and even stronger headsot multiplier. 

charge the bow and you fire off 7 arrows horizontally, effectively clearing a group of enemies for a small amount of energy.

Like thunderbolt on you Dread? Each of the 7 arrows will share that property and all will have a 80% chance to explode.

mod her for STR and EFF ( with some DUR if you wanna Prowl) and you will destroy the world my friend

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

Those are my results from a T4 DEF: 

613831fc11ed7a576d2df519819b819f.png

Have to tell the truth, i sniped tho door just because is extremely easy with her.

Also you MUST put on your weapon a multishot mod. Don't worry about the orientation of arrow (if is slow or fast) later you will find the slower one better (initial charge rate), it will deal a headshot hit easly.

Ivara's 4th ability scales off of primary weapon mods so she does well at high levels for damage. I'd suggest taking a Paris or Dread as the speed trigger also factors in on her drawn time.

Nitain Extract isn't hard to Farm it seems as there is about 1 alert for Nitain about every couple of hours if you can get 1 a day you;ll have more than enough

The key thing to remember with Ivara's 4th is that it's primarily puncture. Being the Dread is a slash weapon, if you put slash mods on it, it really won't help her ult. If you put puncture mods on the Dread, it helps her ult, but does nothing for the Dread. I run Paris Prime or other puncture weapons to synergize with her 4th. Keep in mind the weapons base stats don't help her, only the mods. Crit builds work nicely, too. 

Torn from the wiki:

2gvLKgM.png

Well with Ivara Artimus Bow. It does do good amounts of dmg against high levels. When in high levels. You just have to keep in mind to kill minor targets with Horizontal aim (Charged) to clear crowds. But with heavy targets. You must kill then with a Vertical aim (Uncharged) so all the arrows can hit. Also note Ivara Artimus bow doesn't require to be charged. Unlike other bows. Artimus bow will still do full dmg uncharged. Charging just changes the way its aimed (Vertical, Horizontal, Diagonally)

Also its pretty easy to get Nitain. There will be a total of 4 alerts a day that will contain a Nitain. 

17 minutes ago, The_Mustachio said:

The key thing to remember with Ivara's 4th is that it's primarily puncture. Being the Dread is a slash weapon, if you put slash mods on it, it really won't help her ult. If you put puncture mods on the Dread, it helps her ult, but does nothing for the Dread. I run Paris Prime or other puncture weapons to synergize with her 4th. Keep in mind the weapons base stats don't help her, only the mods. Crit builds work nicely, too. 

Torn from the wiki:

2gvLKgM.png

I wish the base distribution was shown in game under "abilities". Thank you for showing this. I was unclear of her Artimus stats.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

I wish the base distribution was shown in game under "abilities". Thank you for showing this. I was unclear of her Artimus stats.

Glad to help :)

I normally run her on the bow only sorties. I was hitting some ludicrous crits yesterday on a non-crit build. The 'secret' is to run her Artemis Bow with Prowl active. Prowl gives you a 40% headshot damage increase. 

(I'm assuming you're running muti-shot. It goes from 7 arrows to 14! OP much)

6TiknSz.png