Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within Teaser - Thoughts and ideas

Skinner1818

2 hours ago, CadenFall said:

I wonder DE is giving us a hint about reproduction. Maybe the Queens found out how to give real birth rather than stick with cloning? The Grineer are dying and decaying. Just imagine how powerful the Grineer are if they are born healthy. Just my thoughts.

After watching the trailer at the end, when they step into view you can see that their legs are robotic appendages, like most of the rest of the grineer so it seems like they still have defects if they were born naturally.

Also, the smaller one on the left hand side seems to have robotic arms, they are way too thin to be natural unless she was starved half to death, which would also imply a cloning procedure. The one on the right seems to have a snake tail instead of legs, more on that in my update in the main post.

Edited by Skinner1818

It's strange, how, when reading the poem, everyone assumes that the phrase 'saved from the knife' means that the Queens were saved from execution. For all we know, the 'knife' could refer to something else entirely. An Orokin experiment/program, perhaps?

From my point of view. Maybe we all get "Deceived into believing" from DE ??

What if the Younger one it's not a clone of Twin Queen sister. What if she same as us "Tenno" but maybe get deceived by The last "Sister" of the Twin. Twist her mind make her think all Tenno are an Enemy.

The Twin Queen and grineer who want to takeover a Power from a Tenno. if that were true. It'll can explain why The Stalker in "Second Dream" has hesitated to kill us at First time in Orokin Moon somatic link machine

and when i saw a trailer "The War Within" and 2 "Chubby" Grineer. I feel like they're ware something like a Suit. it's difference from other Grineer and it's not look a like Metalbody at all. 

Here's my two plat,

The younger "Queen" might ether be a captured warframe operator with some forced grinner modifications(maybe the stalker operator hence "worm")  or a clone of the older queen that the older queen is teaching grooming if you will (also hence "worm" provides an explanation for the queens immortality if your don't get it its like the old clone tells the new clone then the now old new clone tells the next cetra. can be seen as twins)

I honestly don't believe the two females seen in the War Within trailer could be the Twin Queens and I have some details that could possibly prove this.

1. "[...] the dreamers have awakened [...]

Now this quote threw me off when the "little sister" (as I would like to call her) said this to the "big sister." We all know the dreamers are the tenno (Second Dream) and the fact that "little sister" called us dreamers gives the impression she's more knowledgeable about our secret than the supposed Twin Queens. When Vor was talking to the Queens, they made it so that a tenno was a single entity, just a tenno inside a Warframe.

2. The way they talk

Again referring back to the conversation between Vor and the Queens, the way the Queens talked sounded like one, yet they were two different people or entities. The Queens have a habit of talking in unison when speaking to others, and even if they weren't they have the same voice that can be noticed if you pay close attention. In the War Within trailer it was two distinct voices that were talking, one young and one old and this makes it impossible for there to be a unifying voice to be communicated through.

3. The Atmosphere/Setting

Although being a weak detail to my discussion, it should be noted how the Setting for the trailer is a gloomy black with red filling the scene. The factions in Warframe have a theme of colors to represent them, Corpus being blue with steel gray, Grinner with a combination of green and yellow, Infested with black and red or yellow-ish color, and the Sentients with black and red (As seen in the Intro of the second dream). Now with this information, I'm not presenting that the two females seen could be allegiance to the sentients but they could possibly a new faction, since the sentients are new they were given this choice in color for the atmosphere around them.

As I made the points, I'm not saying they're 100% correct, but they are my opinions on why I think the two females seen are not the Twin Queens.

21 hours ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

I honestly don't believe the two females seen in the War Within trailer could be the Twin Queens and I have some details that could possibly prove this.

1. "[...] the dreamers have awakened [...]

Now this quote threw me off when the "little sister" (as I would like to call her) said this to the "big sister." We all know the dreamers are the tenno (Second Dream) and the fact that "little sister" called us dreamers gives the impression she's more knowledgeable about our secret than the supposed Twin Queens. When Vor was talking to the Queens, they made it so that a tenno was a single entity, just a tenno inside a Warframe.

2. The way they talk

Again referring back to the conversation between Vor and the Queens, the way the Queens talked sounded like one, yet they were two different people or entities. The Queens have a habit of talking in unison when speaking to others, and even if they weren't they have the same voice that can be noticed if you pay close attention. In the War Within trailer it was two distinct voices that were talking, one young and one old and this makes it impossible for there to be a unifying voice to be communicated through.

3. The Atmosphere/Setting

Although being a weak detail to my discussion, it should be noted how the Setting for the trailer is a gloomy black with red filling the scene. The factions in Warframe have a theme of colors to represent them, Corpus being blue with steel gray, Grinner with a combination of green and yellow, Infested with black and red or yellow-ish color, and the Sentients with black and red (As seen in the Intro of the second dream). Now with this information, I'm not presenting that the two females seen could be allegiance to the sentients but they could possibly a new faction, since the sentients are new they were given this choice in color for the atmosphere around them.

As I made the points, I'm not saying they're 100% correct, but they are my opinions on why I think the two females seen are not the Twin Queens.

What if they represent those Tenno who were physically/mentally  damaged and twisted by the void-transference process and forsaken/left to die by the Orokin?

What if using these powers, no matter how many safeguards are in place, is STILL slowly killing us and corrupting us?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

What if they represent those Tenno who were physically/mentally  damaged and twisted by the void-transference process and forsaken/left to die by the Orokin?

What if using these powers, no matter how many safeguards are in place, is STILL slowly killing us and corrupting us?

That could be a possibility, but what explains the Grinner-like soldiers, who are speculated to be female.

1 hour ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

That could be a possibility, but what explains the Grinner-like soldiers, who are speculated to be female.

If the Qweenz/granny-granddaughter are twisted and discarded Tenno, then the quest for genetic purity and power makes more sense.

Also, being Tenno, it provides a legitimate reason for players to side with them or be enticed into providing new genetic source code to revitalize them (and the Grineer Race if they are Grineer).

Granny very much sees the dreamers as a salvation of some kind...but it may mean serious jeopardy for us as Tenno children if they want to harvest us.

And a serious threat to Lotus if Tenno can be won to their side.

Grineer Qweenz as Tenno failures explains the look of the guards, though I don't quite get Grineer from the entire set-up.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

i have different theory about these characters but it is based on assumption that the post about our warframes being made of technocyte virus (infestation) is true,then it could be possible that these two individuals are in fact in control of infestation which can also explain how did infested resurface after thousands of years of hiding and how are they so organized,if we can control warframes via transference then a tenno could maybe control hive mind of infested as well via somatic link that is attached to hive mind it self.Now that would bring whole new meaning to the war within.If this faction is truly in control of infestation that would explain why is that child afraid of us,because if that child is tenno it would mean that she betrayed tenno and The Lotus,maybe Lotus will send us to return that child to her.This assumption is further fueled by fact that older one says "let the beasts do their work" i don't think you could call sentients beasts because they just don't fit that category as they are highly organized,but infested totally fit it.  

14 minutes ago, Scarletmoonlight said:

i have different theory about these characters but it is based on assumption that the post about our warframes being made of technocyte virus (infestation) is true,then it could be possible that these two individuals are in fact in control of infestation which can also explain how did infested resurface after thousands of years of hiding and how are they so organized,if we can control warframes via transference then a tenno could maybe control hive mind of infested as well via somatic link that is attached to hive mind it self.Now that would bring whole new meaning to the war within.If this faction is truly in control of infestation that would explain why is that child afraid of us,because if that child is tenno it would mean that she betrayed tenno and The Lotus,maybe Lotus will send us to return that child to her.This assumption is further fueled by fact that older one says "let the beasts do their work" i don't think you could call sentients beasts because they just don't fit that category as they are highly organized,but infested totally fit it.  

Nah. Too many pindaric flights in this.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

On 4/28/2016 at 8:26 AM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Pretty sure that at this point we can safely assume that the two figures are the queens from how how Steve talked about the teaser in that Failure podcast.

Yep, Steve was really trying hard to not give spoilers in that podcast when saying 'queens', so unless he is really covering up it may be a safe assumption that these are the queens or related to the queens.

Tenno wasnt the only ones dreaming...

What if the Queen were referring to the Sentient being awake?

We would be the beast and our job is to kill sentients?

Remember that Tyl regor call the sentients Savior?

note: if you watch carefully the younger one got the same head as kuria (two hair tails/antenna) while the great one got only one on her head

Edited by Tsoe

3 hours ago, Tsoe said:

Tenno wasnt the only ones dreaming...

What if the Queen were referring to the Sentient being awake?

We would be the beast and our job is to kill sentients?

Remember that Tyl regor call the sentients Savior?

note: if you watch carefully the younger one got the same head as kuria (two hair tails/antenna) while the great one got only one on her head

interesting idea, but then why fear either the sentient or us as a dreamer ? are we going to be on a new path  or is something from before (orokin time) that will drive us or sentient after them? 

53 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

interesting idea, but then why fear either the sentient or us as a dreamer ? are we going to be on a new path  or is something from before (orokin time) that will drive us or sentient after them? 

if the queen are Orokins...

they have reason to fear both sentient and Tenno

The question would be more

Why the greater one see that as an answear to prayers....

If  she talk about sentient , maybe she think to have a way to explore more space and rule over new systems?

but maybe she just seek some new way to improve her physical condition

Edited by Tsoe

4 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

if the queen are Orokins...

they have reason to fear both sentient and Tenno

The question would be more

Why the greater one see that as an answear to prayers....

If  she talk about sentient , maybe she think to have a way to explore more space and rule over new systems?

but maybe she just seek some new way to improve her physical condition

possible but we assume they are orokin

werent there another thing that was lore related lore ..something ..lorists,  thats what it was 

In the Corrupted Ancient Synthesis, the Lorists are described as healers, but more than that they're visibly different than the Orokin: "The Orokin had a visage imbued with variation, beauty and symmetry, but we had the Lora nodes protruding from our right temples. Their skin was silken, ours was weaved with ribbons of metallic facia that snaked around our bodies and into the Lora Device embedded in our palms."

and if thats the case do we amuse they know something more on this war within or causes infighting among us to as you say explore more/rule more or use something to improve their rule ? 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

possible but we assume they are orokin

werent there another thing that was lore related lore ..something ..lorists,  thats what it was 

In the Corrupted Ancient Synthesis, the Lorists are described as healers, but more than that they're visibly different than the Orokin: "The Orokin had a visage imbued with variation, beauty and symmetry, but we had the Lora nodes protruding from our right temples. Their skin was silken, ours was weaved with ribbons of metallic facia that snaked around our bodies and into the Lora Device embedded in our palms."

and if thats the case do we amuse they know something more on this war within or causes infighting among us to as you say explore more/rule more or use something to improve their rule ? 

Yeah Lorist were orokin too in fact

I would upvote theory that say the twin queen are orokin with rare genetic mutation and seen as a treat by Orokin themself..

But now they would be the only Orokin, and seen as a treat by Tenno

Wait just call me john snow..

i know nothing actually XD

Edited by Tsoe

21 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

Yeah Lorist were orokin too in fact

I would upvote theory that say the twin queen are orokin with rare genetic mutation and seen as a treat by Orokin themself..

But now they would be the only Orokiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinft , and seen as a treat by Tenno

Wait just call me john snow..

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIw nothing actually XD

lol xD 

On 4/23/2016 at 3:39 AM, Zeta44 said:

Even bigger plot twist, the stalker was actually a good guy this whole time, and the younger one is controlling the lotus in an attempt to lure out an eliminate the Tenno 

Well, except that DE and Rebecca have stated ad nauseum that Space Mom is a good guy to all the Tenno, and will never be evil...so take that for what it's worth.

19 minutes ago, Meta_Nexus said:

Well, except that DE and Rebecca have stated ad nauseum that Space Mom is a good guy to all the Tenno, and will never be evil...so take that for what it's worth.

My personal theory:

Years and years of video games and cartoons having mentor figures either die in the first or second act OR turn out to be evil all along (ahahahahahahaha etc) have effectively conditioned an entire generation of gamers to be critically incapable of accepting the idea of an ongoing mentor/guide figure who isn't evil, isn't going to betray you, and is simply revealed to be flawed and imperfect.

The idea that we can have a mentor figure who helps us at first when we are weak, then slowly shifts to becoming a guide and source of intel as we grow stronger, and whom we eventually grow to become a more equal ally with over the course of the game's arc is a concept that a lot of people seem to just reject out of hand.

That we needed the Lotus most in the early game when we were weak?

That in time our own growing strength and independence, in combination with the Lotus' revealed flaws, may even out the balance of power between Lotus and Tenno?

That in the end, we may become as equal travellers along an uncertain road? 

Nah. No-one would ever write a story like that. No-one would ever write about finding out that your parents aren't gods but rather imperfect beings who did their best, learning to forgive them for it, and becoming true allies rather than turning on each other.

Never happen.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

Ok, here are a couple of hi-rez screens from the trailer.

Ladies in the middle

War%20Within%20central%20figures_zpsrtho

And the "Venus Guards"

War%20Within%20venus%20guards_zpsl16ir6p

Watching it more closely, it looks to me like the little girl is almost completely made of prosthetics, and may be fully prosthetic. The haggard hag, on the other hand, seems to be almost fully organic...but might have a high degree of Infestation comprising her body, given the glowing bits.

The Venus Guards have a few notable features, one being that they are almost perfect mirrors of each other...and their "Knotty Sticks" are similar to the banners but have simple metal loops at the bottom rather than the "upside down Focus symbol" (...not fully on board with that from what I saw) of the banners. Also something something fat shaming something hardy har har.