Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with banshee

(PSN)IoxDexon

Question

So banshee...at first i thought i would love her but no...i have not maxed her but i regret wasting a orokin reactor on her.

I don't wanna see her go to waste especially since i used a reactor but i can't wrap my head around how to use her effectively.

I have 1 reactor left but idk if i should use it on my loki p,nova p or nezha :/ so that's a problem lol.

Also i'm new here as you may have seen my previous post so i'll stop posting for today but i'd like some feedback on banshee and if she deserves a rework too.

If possible try to think of a build which doesen't have primed continuity and mods like that which are tough to get but things like flow narrow minded blind rage etc. is not a problem

10 answers to this question

Really Banshee is a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery acquired taste. But this is what i use with her(other than using primed mods instead) And you pretty much wanna keep silence up all the time and be constantly moving in my experience. Also every so often cast sonar. Sonic boom can be a nice panic button. And never use sound quake, ever.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Banshee/t_30_0200320430_2-7-10-4-6-5-5-0-5-6-1-5-13-4-3-14-2-5-34-8-5-411-5-10-462-3-3-615-9-5_5-9-6-6-14-9-462-9-13-7-411-8-4-9-2-6-34-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-2

Edited by rawr1254

I haven't used her in at least a year, that is until now with her new skin. My build is high range, high duration. Silence gives a stun to enemies as you move and lets you kill stuff quietly. Sonar is extremely useful. Sonic Boom is my most used ability with her because it is so dang cheap and effective.

I personally would consider Banshee to be one of the frames for advanced players. You need to understand what you can and can't do with her.

Pro tip: You never want to stand still for any great length of time. She is a biscuit and the enemy AI are more than happy to remind you of that fact every single time.

I pair my Banshee with a Huras Kubrow. This means i can pop off all of her abilities and remain cloaked. I can then move around the battlefield and position myself so that im in a position that is more favourable. 

However, there is an element of needing to choose your poison. You can't spec an all round Banshee (at least if you want to use the 'b' and 'c' mod slots). You need to know what you want her to spec into and focus on that and cobble together something with the remaining mod slots (survivability, more Utility). To make up for the remaining deficit to other frames, you gotta rely on your skill with the frame.

It's a little bit out of date, but this is my general load out that i default with:
warframe.x64_2016_02_i8spr.jpg

I tend to go with a damage build since i mainly run 'heigh-end' missions. It is also viable for lvl 100 sorties.... Not specc'd to suit lvl 100 sorties, but it works if i'm aware of what's happening. The lack of ability to regain Health hurts this build the higher the mission levels ~100 is at the upper end of what it will handle.

But yeah, i run this build because i don't see Sonar as something exclusively beneficial to Banshee. I see it as buffing the entire teams damage output.

I have a second banshee that is tailored for 'end-game' missions, but i don't find those fun since i dislike constructing squads to run in a specific way. I do enjoy a bit of Chaos ;)

EDIT:
Additionally, it doesn't hurt that i tend to have the lowest damage received during missions. Not getting shot is a good start to using Banshee effectively.

Edited by MillbrookWest

37 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Really Banshee is a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery acquired taste. But this is what i use with her(other than using primed mods instead) And you pretty much wanna keep silence up all the time and be constantly moving in my experience. Also every so often cast sonar. Sonic boom can be a nice panic button. And never use sound quake, ever.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Banshee/t_30_0200320430_2-7-10-4-6-5-5-0-5-6-1-5-13-4-3-14-2-5-34-8-5-411-5-10-462-3-3-615-9-5_5-9-6-6-14-9-462-9-13-7-411-8-4-9-2-6-34-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-2

i have to dissagree on soundquake, as i often use it to give cover to allies when revivng fallen members, however this might only be effective cause of my maxed range

I main Banshee myself, if you needed a build I made one without primed continuity, its pretty much my Infested build.http://goo.gl/HiFwXZ Natural talent makes you able to use your abilties faster, an awesome mod on squishy frames and the high efficiency is needed in my opinion because your survivablity is tied to your abilities with Banshee(a bit more than for other frames). Savage silence is also an awesome mod, any downed enemies from sonic boom etc takes 300% more damage from ground finishers etc. Also seems to increase the damage on weapons like the redeemer(don't know much about that yet though), also opens up enemies for finisher's in their stunned animation. For armorered enemies you will need sonic fracture for higher lvl enemies, but never get the power strength over 145 % which I think is when it strips all armor, over that is pretty much overkill in my opinion. But that build is pretty much my baseline when I play Banshee.

I like Banshee how she is and will keep playing her no matter if they change her or not etc, for a full rework no, but some added synergy would be okay in my opinion like saryn etc. Silence could be made recastable like chaos which have the same stun effect, it's a bit op, but a lot of warframes can recast cc anyway so :P, I'm all for diminishing return on cc. I would probably just use sonic boom instead of silence, just reapply if for the extra damage savage silence gives and keeping them out of my 20m safe zone, because sometimes silence can turn off in some bad spots. It could also get an effect similar to invisibility that enemies would not know where you are except when they see you, but with an added effect that you could stab them in the back and their friends wouldn't try to figure out what happened because they didn't hear it^^(to make it work in missions where they are alerted constantly). What I meant that if you jump over an enemy, they wouldn't turn towards you anymore, maybe it could have a cooldown where the enemy hasn't seen you yet similar again to invisibility's bump mechanic.

Soundquake could aim in the highest concentration of sonar spots on targets, it would make much better instead of just targeting the torso. Also create some synergy with that ability and sonar.

Just some idea's, don't know if they are bad or not.

loxdexon your going to have to invest in banshee if you want to get more out of her and see her full potential 

as in invest resources (forma, primed mods etc) and more importantly invest time experimenting with her and getting experience using her in a variety of situations with different weapon and team synergies 

majority (at least 90%) of advice you will get concerning her ingame, on forums etc will be bad/wrong but id encourage you to taken in everything thats useful and then esoterically discover it for yourself thru practice

that said if you just want braindead noskill easy mode for farming/grinding probably better to stick to other warframes like valkyr,loki,nova with tonkors or whatever else is fotm in the nerf buff pendulum because that will be less headache for u 

as for a rework she doesnt need one, people just lack the skill to use her effectively, shes ones the best balanced frames in the game and just needs a few tweaks although soundquake definitely needs a rework 

I posted this build elsewhere, but, I'll post it here too. I love using Banshee, she's not a waste, she's actually incredibly powerful. Even without using a Sonar build, I tend to top the team's damage output when using her.

lLxsk0F.jpg

It's pretty great, been too lazy to forma to get the Power Drift in the exilus slot, but I'll remedy that eventually. Uses Sonic Fracture coupled with power-strength to blast armor clean off of enemies and Savage Silence with no range buffs for quick stuns and increased finisher damage, if I fancy killing with counter-attack finishers. The Rage is just to throw up silence if I get hit and have no energy, I tried flow on the build but if the going gets tough, there needs to be a way to get energy back, so Rage is better for solo.

A nice thing about this build is that Primed Continuity is more of a preference than a mandatory addition, low duration Banshee can be used just fine. You'll just have less time on your Silence and Sonar, but they have a lot of duration at base anyway, so you'll have plenty of time to do what you need to with the abilities.

Edited by AtoKitsune

Yeah I play mostly Banshee and she does require a lot of investment if you want to see her perform. She is most definitely a god frame if modded and used properly.

I have an efficiency+range build here which I use for most low-mid level farming and can even do exceptionally well in higher levels: http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Banshee/t_30_2430200031_2-1-10-4-2-5-5-5-5-6-4-5-34-8-5-46-7-5-55-3-3-462-6-3-479-0-10-615-9-5_479-7-2-6-4-5-55-9-6-6-5-9-462-9-46-11-34-14-615-5_0/en/1-0-2

Of course use zenurik and you can spam sonars and sonic booms like crazy. Sound quake all day to CC all of Draco. Have your 3 on constantly to suppress noise of any gun you choose for stealth missions.

For sorties or higher level content, of course switch out some efficiency for mods like Blind Rage/Transient Fortitude for much stronger Sonar multipliers at the sacrifice of Quake's usability.

It really isn't fair to put constraints on yourself and ask for builds for this frame that don't use primed or rare mods. She definitely requires a lot of investment, but is one of few frames I can think of where all her abilities are actually useful.

3 hours ago, (PS4)IoxDexon said:

Also i'm new here as you may have seen my previous post so i'll stop posting for today but i'd like some feedback on banshee and if she deserves a rework too.

If possible try to think of a build which doesen't have primed continuity and mods like that which are tough to get but things like flow narrow minded blind rage etc. is not a problem

People being inable to come up with a build that works for them does not warrant a rework. I'm not saying that she doesn't need a rework, but there is not much to be improved on her aside from survivability, her kit is pretty good on its own.

As goes for the build - I'd suggest something like this http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Banshee/t_30_0203420330_4-0-5-5-5-5-7-7-5-34-8-5-47-6-5-55-3-5-57-4-5-411-1-10-538-2-3_4-9-411-8-538-9-55-6-57-8-5-11-47-11-7-5-34-14-f-f_0/en/1-0-2

I assume you're not ready for Resonanse or Sound Quake builds yet.

I have a guide I recently finished on the wiki if you want a bit of a read.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Zxorn/Maximum_Banshee_U18.9

Short version: It's a 5 forma build with 5 available setups to choose from. The best solo option is Naramon Savage Stealth config otherwise Banshee is kinda mostly a team player frame and that's how I've set her configs. She can solo outside of her stealth build but it's not the sleeping face roll situation you'll find with a lot of other frames, it can be a bit fun and intense at times but Banshee is the embodiment of the term Glass Cannon.

For newer players you might want to fit a Vitality in there but outside of starmap content there's really not much that's going to keep Banshee alive outside of your own actions and experience.