Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe powers that can damage and break nullifier bubbles without entering them

Ozamchist

After Hearing and Reading complaints about Nullifiers I came up with a list of Warframe powers only two of which I don’t own (yet) that can damage and break Nullifier Bubbles without needing to enter the bubble.

I debated putting this in players helping players or general discussion so I decided to take a third option

First Hand Information

Ember: Fire Ball

Hydroid: Tempest Barrage

Ivara: Artemis Bow

Excalibur: Exalted Blade

Valkyr: Hysteria like any other melee weapon as long as you don’t spin into the nullifier bubble you can destroy it from the outside.

Ash: Shuriken I should note that while aiming directly at the nullifier shuriken would not damage the bubble, but aiming at the bubble itself works.

Nova: Antimatter Drop The explosions damage the field.

Oberon: Smite this one is very tricky to explain, but very easy to pull off, you just need to smite something that is very close to the nullifier bubble itself, if a secondary projectile targets the nullifier it will continue to attack the shield until it gets to the nullifier.

*Nezha: Blazing Chakram (and Firewalker) Chakram itself damages the bubble, but I strongly recommend remembering to recast Firewalker before using the teleport to further damage the bubble. I would argue that many players will find this one impractical to pull off, although it is effective.

Second hand information

Chroma: Spectral Scream

Wukong: Primal Fury I don’t have firsthand experience or information, but I assume the melee trick works like Valkyr’s.

Special Notes

Vauban: While his Grenades do damage the nullifier bubbles, as far as I could tell from testing there was no practical way for me to actually break the bubbles with them.

I should know this considering how much I use Frost but I believe his 1 and 2 also damage the bubble, possibly his 4 but that I definitely cannot remember. Usually I do what Wevi says - shoot it with a gun or take my blade to the Nullifier's face.

Just now, Wevi said:

Or you can just shoot at it with a normal gun....

I have no real issues with the corpus or the Nullifies myself I just figured it would be better to not just sit on this information.

And yes you can just shoot them with a gun abnormal or not.

3 minutes ago, Naith said:

I should know this considering how much I use Frost but I believe his 1 and 2 also damage the bubble, possibly his 4 but that I definitely cannot remember. Usually I do what Wevi says - shoot it with a gun or take my blade to the Nullifier's face.

That is good to know, Frost and Atlas are both frames I have a hunch with but do not own yet.

Just now, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

To me the only issue with nullifier bubbles is that sniper rifles and bows are not effective against them, so after a few minutes of match you will just end up playing pistol only

You are going to be using a Warframe with that sniper rifle right? Oberon's Smite is a 1 handed ability would be easy enough to use in conjunction with a sniper rifle.

And as for bows I typically stay on the move with those. Just do a drive by, with aim glide even, while singing the lord of the rings them off key.

But if you MUST use a bow then I recommend the Mutalist Cernos.

Mutalsit Cernos is effective on them, since the arrow sticks to the bubble and follows them and the gas cloud follows the arrow and damages both the bubbles and the contents (If they can even move after all the blast procs i put on them- that or they are too busy shooting each other from radiation effects)

Just now, TermiteFrame said:

You are going to be using a Warframe with that sniper rifle right? Oberon's Smite is a 1 handed ability would be easy enough to use in conjunction with a sniper rifle.

And as for bows I typically stay on the move with those. Just do a drive by, with aim glide even, while singing the lord of the rings them off key.

But if you MUST use a bow then I recommend the Mutalist Cernos.

Mutalsit Cernos is effective on them, since the arrow sticks to the bubble and follows them and the gas cloud follows the arrow and damages both the bubbles and the contents (If they can even move after all the blast procs i put on them- that or they are too busy shooting each other from radiation effects)

Nullifiers bubble should work in a different way and thats all, i expect a sniper rifle or a bow with so high base damage and a decent build completely remove it in oneshot

Just now, Norbac- said:

Most of those powers would take ages to lower the bubble, just a waste of energy imo.

The point is most of these actually don't take an age (I feel like you don't think I tested a lot of this myself) and if you are running into energy problems build a pizza or several, or I dunno run zenurik.

Just now, Norbac- said:

Most of those powers would take ages to lower the bubble, just a waste of energy imo.

The point is most of these actually don't take an age (I feel like you don't think I tested a lot of this myself) and if you are running into energy problems build a pizza or several, or I dunno run zenurik.

1 minute ago, TermiteFrame said:

Fire ball: takes ages.

Tempest barrage: too unreliable unless you have negative range.

Artemis bow: takes ages.

Shuriken: takes ages.

Antimatter drop: takes decades.

Smite: I haven't played oberon yet, but seems slow and more importantly unreliable.

most of these actually don't take an age

wrtbW9d.gif

7 minutes ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Nullifiers bubble should work in a different way and thats all, i expect a sniper rifle or a bow with so high base damage and a decent build completely remove it in oneshot

Why should they? Shot Guns can't do it either.

What about Mirages Prism? I could imagine the lasers dont actually target the Nullifier but what if the Prism was relatively close to the bubble? Would any passing lasers that hit the bubble damage? Might work in some close quarter maps.

Edited by Kaokasalis

18 minutes ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Shotguns shoot multiple pallets and thats so different. Just try 

Just to satisfy my curiosity I double checked in the simulacrum, the rubico, rakata cernos, lanka, sancti tigris, vaykor hek, and opticor all take 6 shots to break a nullifier bubble regardless of level.

34 minutes ago, Norbac- said:

Fire ball: takes ages.

Tempest barrage: too unreliable unless you have negative range.

Artemis bow: takes ages.

Shuriken: takes ages.

Antimatter drop: takes decades.

Smite: I haven't played oberon yet, but seems slow and more importantly unreliable.

wrtbW9d.gif

While I realise that it is much faster to just go in and murder the nullifier with an axe (or other implement of destruction).

These are slight less in out alternatives If you do not wish to engage the nullifier.

Ember takes 6 rapid shots

Tempest Barrage is unreliable for you? Its recastable, and it typically hits everything in the radius which you can determine by holding down 1.

Ash also takes 6 rapid shots (I sense a trend)

Artemis bow takes 6 rapid shots unless you are charging (which would be a little silly since it doesn't increase damage)

Novas antimatter drops is something I tend to kinda just use...alot guess I never noticed it hurting nullifiers because... OH that's why there weren't any...

Spoiler

image.jpg?w=468&c=1

Oberons smite is the only one I find to be remotely unreliable