Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second Dream isn't canon

SuikiAmon

I really enjoyed the second dream quest, great additions to the lore, great rewards, great new game mechanics unlocked.

I particularly liked that it gives a nice coherent explanation for the ability to switch body size and genre between missions, as well as making the revives not just a game mechanic.

There is finally a lore reason to ask the genderswap requests to go away, as it would take some time from animators and graphic designers when they could work on bringing new stuff into the game.

I don't care much about genderswap, but i always want moar new shinies.

Edited by dealingtrap
fixing typo

Guys. I have an idea.

Lets ignore this thread for now-

AND let's wait for the game to continue and see if he is right. And if the game shows that he is right and the children are not the tenno (by something obvious like the lotus telling them they are not or something).

If the game CLEARLY tells me that the children are not the tenno, i am gonna bake a cake. And no, that whole "yeah but i say it is so" does not count.

wow, 15 pages I finally caught up

I'm now going to wait for someone from DE to come into the tread and say "Second Dream is canon, k bye"

It's better than the "guy wearing armour" cliché op is trying to pass as fact

Edited by Zergoss

1 minute ago, Zergoss said:

wow, 15 pages I finally caught up

I'm now going to wait for someone from DE to come into the tread and say "Second Dream is canon, k bye"

It's better than the "guy wearing armour" idea op is trying to pass as fact

It is a fact. And like I said earlier, they can try and tell me, but I'll call them a liar.

Just now, SuikiAmon said:

It is a fact. And like I said earlier, they can try and tell me, but I'll call them a liar.

If you're basing us being in armor from the game dark sector, they said themselves that game is not canon to warframe. 

Warframe was just inspired by their design of that game.

Just now, Vesiga said:

If you're basing us being in armor from the game dark sector, they said themselves that game is not canon to warframe. 

I forgot that game even existed. In any case, no. I wasn't basing off that. I was basing off the description Excalibur's Codex Entry gave.

1 minute ago, Vesiga said:

The OP is saying that what the devs made Canon isn't canon, and that what the devs specifically said wasn't canon is canon...

Is this opposite day? Everytime you say non canon, you mean canon?

5 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

I'm currently in the process of writing a letter to George Lucas to tell him he was wrong and the Star Wars prequals never happened and Darth Vader used the force to convice everyone he was Lukes father when he really wasn't

Do I need to add a sarcasm tag to this or is it too obvious?

Edited by Zergoss

Just now, Zergoss said:

I'm current;y in the process of writing a letter to George Lucas to tell him he was wrong and the Star Wars prequals never happened and Darth Vader used the force to convice everyone he was Lukes father when he really wasn't

Do I need to add a sarcasm tag to this or is it too obvious?

You need to put the tag. OP can't differentiate.

This community just proves me wrong every day. For some reason, I keep thinking that it's a welcoming, bright community, able to notice bad decisions, and willing to discuss it, civilized, with people that disagree.

How people behave in game should have been a big hint, though. Don't know why I thought the forums would be any different.

Wow this was a pretty funny thread to read. As much as I hate the direction the story has taken, The Second Dream is canon. It is literally the definition of canon. 

You're disregarding what the developers themselves have done because of one single codex entry? That's like saying the Earth is flat because it looks flat from where you're standing.

Just now, SuikiAmon said:

This community just proves me wrong every day. For some reason, I keep thinking that it's a welcoming, bright community, able to notice bad decisions, and willing to discuss it, civilized, with people that disagree.

How people behave in game should have been a big hint, though. Don't know why I thought the forums would be any different.

There's nothing wrong with the Warframe community, you're the problem.

15 pages of this. Ow. The salt burns.

I get that not everyone is happy with the Operators as they are shown. No problem. That was a story and art direction, not everyone will agree with what DE did. But...

One thing EVERYONE seems to miss.

Where has ANYONE said that the forms inside the warframes are HUMAN? Or even human proportioned?

Humanoid? Yes. Mostly.

Human?

Edited by Kalenath