Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second Dream isn't canon

SuikiAmon

41 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

Honestly, this isn't a foolproof solution either. I've written tons of stories that didn't go the way I planned.

So really, you're kinda screwed no matter what.

Valsako is right, NithAria.

You can A: suck it up and stop complaining, DE did say: "Not everyone will like it"

Or you can B: Stop playing

If you really despite the story, then why did you do the quest, or still play?, sorry to sound harsh, but its just silly to see people react this way, this is not salt, this is just being purely  stubborn

Edited by LegionCynex

38 minutes ago, letir said:

If twist can make people react, it's usually a good twist, right?

Depends on the twist and how the folks react to it. For some, second dream was a twist they never seen before and they were grateful that DE put it in the game. For others, the twist was cliche, the so called love that Natah shows feels fake, and the setup of said twist (along with the answers by the tenno) were bland if not fully railroaded into the setup. If that was the case, why even allow a "choice" while talking to Natah?

Don't care if anyone calls me an edge lord, but I actually had hoped Stalker would have snapped my Operators' neck and possibly causing our energy/soul/consciousness to transfer to our Warframe and then that could have been an explanation as to why we can jump between frames with ease. Didn't help that the so called "fight on the Liset" was less of a fight for our lives and more like two children lightly pushing each other until one leaves so the other can sit in the high chair.

Seriously if you plan on just telling one version of a story, stop giving us the false choice in the matter. The idea that "we can actually change the story" sounded nice till you realize they already wrote it beforehand and will just tweak it so no matter what that is how it goes.

51 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

You cannot convince me otherwise. It isn't just me being salty over a quest that was not fun to play and had very weak rewards, with the exception of the Broken-War. Facts-wise, the Tenno are inside the Warframes, Alad V was never cured, and the kid in my Liset is just that: a kid. Given the opportunity, their dead weight will be tossed into the Sun.

Tenno, gotta check your head up sometimes.

Maybe something's wrong with your brain.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

I only have one question to ask you.

What human could fit into Atlas' Warframe, with his overly small head that would crush your skull and it's sides? How about Limbo, take off the top hat, and he literally has half of the head space needed to even put such a helm on. Hm, maybe Oberon, with his insanely slim arms, or maybe Equinox, with her stick figure esque body.

See where I'm going with this? 

That theory only holds some weight when it comes to the Orokin's later use of Transference, as it's originally believed that they hadn't used it with the Tenno and Warframes as of yet, instead keeping the individuals inside of the Warframe.

The Tenno's bodies were simply ravaged and twisted by the Void when they went through it, the Technocyte virus compensating for what was lost. The Orokin took care to craft the Warfames around their bodies.

5 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

DE just whent with the cannon "Alad V was cured"

He wasn't. That research was made by Grineer, for Grineer. I'm quite certain that Tylenol Regor is smarter than Salad (not letting himself become an Infested is a good testament to that), and would include fail-safes that wouldn't allow anyone that isn't a Grineer to use it. And even so, I don't think the Infestation would let one of its own members try and turn against the hive-mind. They'd either take complete control and turn him into another Runner, Leaper, etc

12 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

No, he is the same regardless

As far I heard, Alad V was cured no matter what, PS4 made their choice to save Alad V or to help Nerf dude, that didn't matter as far I kown

DE just whent with the cannon "Alad V was cured"

Aye, and now we have three versions of Alad existing in the universe at the same time: the zanuka-obssessed one, the infected one, and the cured. 
Why? Because Space Magic and DElogic.
Or maybe Alad belongs to Schrodinger...
~~~~~
In light of this fact, do you still think that teeno are something that breaks the logical sequence? 

Edited by Teloch

5 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

The Tenno's bodies were simply ravaged and twisted by the Void when they went through it, the Technocyte virus compensating for what was lost. The Orokin took care to craft the Warfames around their bodies.

He wasn't. That research was made by Grineer, for Grineer. I'm quite certain that Tylenol Regor is smarter than Salad (not letting himself become an Infested is a good testament to that), and would include fail-safes that wouldn't allow anyone that isn't a Grineer to use it. And even so, I don't think the Infestation would let one of its own members try and turn against the hive-mind. They'd either take complete control and turn him into another Runner, Leaper, etc

That implies the player controls almost 30 individual characters, all stuck inside their frames...that makes even less sense than the Operator controlling the frame from a distance (logically/logistically, this makes a good amount of sense).

Alad V was also *somewhat* cured by genetic research. In any case, he was present in both Second Dream via comms, and physically present in Shadow Debt...he definitely seems alive and well (only has scarring from infestation), don't know how you can contest that.

EDIT: You can also see an Excalibur frame get cut open in The Profit trailer...no blood or guts.

Alad also comments in Second Dream that what he saw inside the frame "didn't make sense". In game footage proves your "theory" wrong.

Edited by Magneu

1 minute ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Obvious attentionseeking troll has found attention!

CONGRATULATIONS!

You beat the game of life!

I like how I'm just being called a troll when I'm calling attention to a big problem.

3 minutes ago, Kaisty said:

Don't care if anyone calls me an edge lord, but I actually had hoped Stalker would have snapped my Operators' neck and possibly causing our energy/soul/consciousness to transfer to our Warframe and then that could have been an explanation as to why we can jump between frames with ease.

That might have been better, but the Tenno are bound to the Warframe, on a one-on-one basis. The knight occupies the armour, and the metal cannot move itself.

Before someone says I'm contradicting myself, I mean it in a literal sense. It needs the physical force, and that is what the Tenno is inside the Warframe. There is a person inside.

As to how or where they all stay: Liset's arsenal, where you keep all your other weapons. The Tenno just go into a suspended animation in, say, a large cryopod, while your picked Tenno gets to go out and stretch his or her legs.

13 minutes ago, Magneu said:

Well, you're a player, saying it's not canon.

DE is the developers, saying it is canon.

Guess who's right?

Actually the player. Because it's really not a cannon.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20130827022455

...oh...silly me...it's "canon" wasn't it? Oh ye...right...the second dream is also not a "canon":

Spoiler

Canon_A-1_with_FD_50mm_1.8.jpg

Felt like posting this cuz this word sounds so awkward. Complaining about an almost non-existent lore is pretty nitpicky though if you ask me.

Edited by IceColdHawk

3 minutes ago, Magneu said:

That implies the player controls almost 30 individual characters, all stuck inside their frames...that makes even less sense than the Operator controlling the frame from a distance (logically/logistically, this makes a good amount of sense).

Alad V was also *somewhat* cured by genetic research. In any case, he was present in both Second Dream via comms, and physically present in Shadow Debt...he definitely seems alive and well (only has scarring from infestation), don't know how you can contest that.

Well, you can do that in a tabletop game. Best example? Orks.

As for the curing? I don't buy that for a second. Alad is a Corpus, and as I said, Tylenol is too smart to let his research be used incorrectly.

2 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

I like how I'm just being called a troll when I'm calling attention to a big problem.

That might have been better, but the Tenno are bound to the Warframe, on a one-on-one basis. The knight occupies the armour, and the metal cannot move itself.

Before someone says I'm contradicting myself, I mean it in a literal sense. It needs the physical force, and that is what the Tenno is inside the Warframe. There is a person inside.

As to how or where they all stay: Liset's arsenal, where you keep all your other weapons. The Tenno just go into a suspended animation in, say, a large cryopod, while your picked Tenno gets to go out and stretch his or her legs.

Every player who has completed Second Dream can easily see for themselves how the Operator is able to power the Warframe when in physical contact...how the Warframe shuts down when the Operator slides out of the pod...how the Warframe becomes almost completely inert when separate from the Operator...there's nothing supporting the theory of "the Operator physically powers the frame"; on the contrary, there's active evidence against that idea.

Just now, SuikiAmon said:

Well, you can do that in a tabletop game. Best example? Orks.

As for the curing? I don't buy that for a second. Alad is a Corpus, and as I said, Tylenol is too smart to let his research be used incorrectly.

Tyl didn't just give Alad the research. Alad employed us to steal it. Tubemen of Regor definitely happened.

3 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

The Warframe is filled with infested matter and we are controlling it. It has not been confirmed but there are more clues than your theory has. Crafting requirements, infested matter on liset, "we are your flesh" quotes- the list goes on.

1 minute ago, Magneu said:

Every player who has completed Second Dream can easily see for themselves how the Operator is able to power the Warframe when in physical contact...how the Warframe shuts down when the Operator slides out of the pod...how the Warframe becomes almost completely inert when separate from the Operator...there's nothing supporting the theory of "the Operator physically powers the frame"; on the contrary, there's active evidence against that idea.

Not really. As I said, the quest isn't Canon.

1 minute ago, Magneu said:

Tyl didn't just give Alad the research. Alad employed us to steal it. Tubemen of Regor definitely happened.

That happened. And Nef won that one. Sure, some heretics thought it a good idea to give the research to him anyway, but it's still unusable by someone that isn't a Grineer.

1 minute ago, SuikiAmon said:

How can you even be in such a stage of denial. It is canon because it is a quest in the game meant to show what tenno are.

I'm out, this is obviously someone doing it for the attention and thinks he is clever for "trolling".

Just now, Plushy said:

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means" ~Inigo Montoya

Canon: Something that actually happened within the game's story

Non-canon: Something that never happened within the game's story.

Second Dream is the latter.

Saying "The Second Dream isn't canon" is like claiming that the events of "The Hobbit" didn't happen within TLoR universe...even though Tolkein wrote it.

That happened. And Nef won that one. Sure, some heretics thought it a good idea to give the research to him anyway, but it's still unusable by someone that isn't a Grineer.

On PC, which we both play, Alad won. Nef only won on the PS4. This is well documented, and a proven fact. Saying otherwise is just straight up lying. Even though Grineer are clones, they share the same basic DNA structure as humans, which the Corpus are primarily composed of; in the Warframe universe, that's a pretty easy adaptation to make.

Ok, so you ignored my claims and just stated that the quest isn't canon (even though the game developers created the entire thing and implemented it; why would they implement a major quest (that has implications for future game developments) that isn't canon?). You've ignoring obvious hints and clues and refuse to hear proof otherwise.

I think we're done here. Peace out.

13 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Aye, and now we have three versions of Alad existing in the universe at the same time: the zanuka-obssessed one, the infected one, and the cured. 
Why? Because Space Magic and DElogic.
Or maybe Alad belongs to Schrodinger...
~~~~~
In light of this fact, do you still think that teeno are something that breaks the logical sequence? 

Beats me..I just can't remaber what the event was about, excaly and I kinder did want Alad V to lose, but oh well I guess..

They only reason, that makes me assume the "Alad V is cured" is cannon, is due to the fact, hes cured from the Infested in both PS4/PC and he was still hunted by the Stalker/Hunhow, Alad V whuold of never helped us, if we didn't help him, AKA: Alad V whuold of never being hunted.

Just now, SuikiAmon said:

Canon: Something that actually happened within the game's story

Non-canon: Something that never happened within the game's story.

Second Dream is the latter.

Excuse me for this, but HOW CAN YOU SAY THE SECOND DREAM DIDN'T HAPPEN WITHIN THE GAME'S STORY??? IT WAS LITERALLY AN ENTIRE UPDATE BY ITSELF THAT A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE PLAYED! If not canon, why did DE make it???

Just now, Plushy said:

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means" ~Inigo Montoya

Have we cleared with this person what canon means? Maybe he happened to stumble over this word somewhere and is now using it and does not know what it means.

Here is a quick definition of of my head: Canon is the story or story elements confirmed by the people who write the story. DE made the game and DE wrote the story.

Like i said, i am out. I don't have the energy to deal with this, i have a serious cold and should be resting.