Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regular Warframe Skins to be added to Prime Warframes.

DreadedL1GHT

Aight so here's the thing:
I have Volt Prime, yet I prefer the original Volt Skin (especially because of the difference between Volt Prime Armor, and Volt Armor). I don't know if this has been discussed with the Devs already, but I think many would appreciate having the possibility to change back to regular frame without the stats loss. I don't know if it's the same with weapons as well (I checked in-game but didn't seem to be possible. I may be missing something though), but I think it'd be great to have this for weapons as well.

I know this is just a minor thing, but would still appreciate having it implemented in-game.

I agree. There are a few Warframes out there for which I prefer the look of the vanilla version over the Prime version. Though usually it is the helmet that I prefer - thank goodness you can already put vanilla helms on Primes. Same should be true of vanilla skins on primes, in principle, if you ask me.

With weapons you can do it with some of them, if they have skins. For instance, when I want my Braton Prime to not look Prime, I use the Shock Camo skin. 

I would like to be able to use regular body skins on Prime frames though. Like we can with helmets. 

And also remember regular attachments. I'd use regular Volt Arm Guards on Volt Prime if I could, or even no arm guards, like Oberon can now do because of Feyarch. 

Edited by KinetosImpetus

15 minutes ago, texrei said:

I prefer original Saryn, so it'd be cool to have a choise

You do have the choice, nobody force you you to use a prime version, which change like nothing in the end (small buff / free forma / void buff)

Its like asking for prime skin on normal warframe, it would be weird and unexplicable

1 minute ago, ChronoEclipse said:

The Immortal skins should give you what you're looking for, I believe.

What Kinetos said.

Plus -even if this only affects a small percentage of primes- I'd appreciate it if we could have the original attachments too.

3 minutes ago, ChronoEclipse said:

The Immortal skins should give you what you're looking for, I believe.

The Immortal skins just add the the patterns onto the Primes, they don't change their bodies

I want this since the eeeeend of tiiiiIIIIIME ♫

EDIT : They should also add a way to trigger the prime attachments, if I want the regular dress on Trinity, or no uber knees on Loki

Edited by Xgomme

Just now, p_ar7hur said:

Don't you mean the beginning?

Logic says yes, but music says no :3

But yeah, I have all regular frames in my inventory, just because I like some classic skins more than prime. And since the beginning I'm kinda salty on this

4 minutes ago, Eaol said:

The title of this thread has failed me for the last time.

I really miss my original Loki look with the immortal skin.  I never really liked Loki Prime's giant thigh-pads.

Oh yeah, just re-read it. Kinda misleading, meant it as a suggestion not a fact.

5 minutes ago, marley8991 said:

Thanks!

But to be honest, I've seen this request multiple times and nothing happened. Still wondering why. I mean, you can use other skins on prime versions.

Only thing I could think of is that people would definitely loose interest in getting the regular frame and jump directly to the prime one.

So, in order to prevent people from thinking this way, you should be able to use the regular skin on your prime only if you once crafted the regular frame.

But yeah makes sense.

I think it might be a comparison issue.

Primes have overal better stats, an extra polarity (which was annoying in the case of Nova Prime) , and get 250 energy from death orbs in the void.

There is very little incentive to use regular versions over primes. And I think the looks is one of them.

Edited by Madway7