Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma - I am Missing Something?

BlackCoMerc

Question

My Chroma is Rank 21. Never brought myself to finish ranking cause, well...he's not very good.

Except.

Except I keep seeing threads wherein he is mentioned like he is some Super Tank. Is Vex Armor that good? Is the Ice Shield he can cover himself in?

Simply put...what am I missing?

Thanks for any info you can offer.

15 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

My Chroma is Rank 21. Never brought myself to finish ranking cause, well...he's not very good.

Except.

Except I keep seeing threads wherein he is mentioned like he is some Super Tank. Is Vex Armor that good? Is the Ice Shield he can cover himself in?

Probably you're missing zenurik, rage or at least life strike on your melee. He's a super tank but you need a lot of power str on him (and good build in general) and keeping an eye on your health.

20160412150755_1.jpg

I mean well, lvl 80 enemies are not that mind-blowing but you know. Melee only+solo = no problems. The only kinda tricky part is the right build, as you will need literally everything... vitality, steel fiber, rage, flow, duration mods and strenght mods. I personally only have place for r9 blind rage in him, normally, so the energy drain is real. That's why I haven't played him until zenurik became a thing.

Chroma needs 5-6 forma and a bunch of maxed out rank 10 mods (not going to argue this, there is a very detailed topic about this made by @Sci_Ant  

The way he scales makes power strength essential if you can get past a certain threshold his usefulness skyrockets. I have 299% power strength with 227% duration and it makes a huge difference when going over 200% power strength.  

Edited by LazyKnight

2 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Except.

Simply put, it's buffs gave it armor that makes the health equivalent of tens of thousands HP (which can be easily regenerated over and over again) and the damage buff makes the equivalent of Mirage's Eclipse, without having to care about that light/shade crap.

21 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Simply put, it's buffs gave it armor that makes the health equivalent of tens of thousands HP (which can be easily regenerated over and over again) and the damage buff makes the equivalent of Mirage's Eclipse, without having to care about that light/shade crap.

Got it. Thanks.

Seems like a ton of work, but worth it if you have the Forma and patience.

2 minutes ago, Insizer said:

This sounds more like it's a topic/question directed at the community rather than feedback for the devs. This belongs either in General Discussion or Players Helping Players.

Sorry bout that; good point. Thanks for the heads up.

5 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Except.

Thread Effigied within Feedback Warframes&Abilities while the real thing ran onto Players helping Players fields.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Zashukitsune said:

I love him, vex armor makes him a siege weapon, but none of his auras seem to function quite correctly.  Cold doesn't seem to redirect shots, and whenever I use it he seems to go down faster.

Must be doing something wrong.

Hmm, with the redirection, it's partly true, as it seems to correctly redirect only hitscan stuff. That definitely works. But the cold main function is the armor buff anyways.