Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Soul Punch

FierceGerman

IMO i think Nekros soul punch shouldnt work on Moas or drones. i mean least time i checked robots dont have souls. what's your take on this? i feel like it would bring a new challenge to him and bring a little bit more interest to his frame 

Soul is a bit of a stretch. There is an essence of spirituality in Warframe, but it's all flavored around the Void with vaguely Buddhist undertones and there really isn't that much to work with.

But you aren't really punching out their soul, just like Shadows of the Dead doesn't actually create zombies (they're nanite colonies in the shapes of the things Nekros has killed). Soul Punch simply induced a massive amount of concussive force upon the target away from Nekros. The body ragdolls, the concussive force coalesces into Void energy in the shape of the body, and both deal contact damage as they fly away, because the body hurts and the Void corrodes and annihilate things it comes in direct contact with that aren't properly protected, i.e., Orokin towers or the Orbiter.

12 minutes ago, kaisermail said:

technically nobody has a soul, but thats more of a philosophical discussion. in which case, whos to say that robots dont have souls? 

5 minutes ago, shadowfire380 said:

By that logic it can't work on grineer because they are clones and clones don't have souls either.

everybody has shoes!

2 hours ago, tutzdes said:

Nekros gives a soul to the robot and then punches it hard.

This is exactly what happens. The soul is punched into and then out of the enemy. In one smooth movement.

Also I didn't expect to see Legion on here. 

5 hours ago, TheMultitude said:

This is exactly what happens. The soul is punched into and then out of the enemy. In one smooth movement.

Also I didn't expect to see Legion on here. 

*everytime I see or hear a ME character* 

It's ok it's ok. Let the feels sink in. We all know that the Citadel DLC is the true ending.

Edited by DzeraDragonbane

Soul Punch is worthless as it is. it has even less range than most Melee Weapons (which would also do more damage), and barely does any damage at all, even with a Strength build. you're better off using his Terrify skill to scare enemies away to a longer range where you can take them out easier.

I'm hoping that whenever Nekros gets looked at, they remove Soul Punch entirely and replace it with something more useful.

9 hours ago, Trollocaustic said:

This entire thread is cringeworthy. It's a game and all fictitious; get over your pseudo-science.

The thread was over when this was posted:

23 hours ago, Wawazat said:

everybody has shoes!

Mystery solved, it's just a typo on DE's part, it's technically Sole Punch.