Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it normal?

Gefy

Question

So, I've just grown out of my newbie stage (My weapons are still rly bad tho) and I realise how easy it is to get warframes. Since it's so easy, I tend to want to build any frame that I can. Is this normal? Is it good? Is it bad?

Sub-question

Should I get the Valkyr? I mean, that armor tho...(600)

Thankls, Gefy

12 answers to this question

yes its normal to want them all (its like pokemon all over)

I got all the frames

and besides to get to the max mastery rank you must go thought all the weapons and warframes so keep at it

just dont bother to add formas and catalysts and reactor to something that has a prime version unless its excal

yes you should get valkyr be careful thought she is a bit hysterical

Edited by rage4198

What you will come to learn, is that Warframe isn't "pay to win", but rather "pay to skip"; namely, skip the grind. Most gear in the game, aside from Primes and landing craft, is fairly easy to get, with a bit of time. In most cases it's as simple as chewing through a planet until you reach the local boss, then smacking him around a bit, then waiting the better part of four days realtime for the 'frame to actually build.

And that's without accounting for the time spent gathering resources. If you're as new as you say, I'm sure you've noticed that getting those Orokin Cells, Neural Sensors, and Control Modules, can seem a bit daunting at times. Control Modules stop being a concern once you get your feet wet in the Void, but with the other two you'll either have plenty, or not enough, no middle ground.

And then comes the part of having a slot for it, which brings us to why getting most the Warframes is easy. Slots can only be bought with Platinum, which means someone, somewhere, has given money to the devs. Maybe you'll trade for your plat, maybe you'll get a discount coupon and buy some for yourself, either way the devs win in the end. And by leaving most the gear in a state that you can grind it easily, they encourage players to acquire plat to buy slots. And the larger a player's inventory, the more items they have that they want to install Catalysts and Reactors on, meaning they either wait for those to come around in events and alerts, or, you guessed it, buy them with plat.

It's a fairly elegant system, all told. What I really like about it is the fact that players can trade plat, reducing the pressure on players to spend money if they want to stay F2P. Trade chat becomes just another grind to skip if you buy plat directly.

...Wow, that got long-winded fast.

Anyway, Valkyr can be fun, but in my opinion she's at her best when you have either the Eternal War or Rage mods, optimally both.

Edited by Zetrein