The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR based on mods?

Tenno29543

Wish we could see master rank next to players name in chat.  Especially recruiting chat. For ex  Name[21].  Also being able to preview a person warframe or weapon setup in your party would be nice.  I hate inviting random to find out there setup sucks.  Something else they should implement is being able to view a persons warframe profile from recruiting chat.  Currently on console you can only view there psn profile,  Giving a kick option to the host of the mission would be nice also.  I hate inv a random from recruiting chat only for them to have a bad setup.  Then you ask them to leave so you can inv someone else but they wont leave.  The host should be able to kick from party.

Para nada, deshacer y vuelves a invitar, nada de echar a un jugador, todos tienen el mismo derecho a jugar  a igual que tu lo hicistes, eso sí elige bien tu equipo, y estoy de acuerdo que si tienes mas información puedas elegir mejor. 

*********************************************************************************

Not at all, undo and you re-invite, no kick a player, everyone has the same right to play like you you did, yes choose well your team, and agree that if you have more information can make better choices.

************************************************** *******************************

I don't like this 

I am MR 21 and have almost al primed mods / regular mods max rank. This system makes Hieracon the new Draco for MR. Plus, why should spending 528 fusion cores on a rare mod determine gear? I think that DE should show ur conclave rating next to ur name in the menu, so other players can see it. 

14 hours ago, Neightrix said:

And then the people who are too picky about the RJ build for Draco just never get into a game because no one will put up with their crap, and they spend their only hour of free time sitting in their landing craft, where they learn not to be such a picky person. #dracolifelessons

There's a problem exactly with those kind of situations. Because... what you mean here by "not too picky?" Players that go as EV there have all the rights to be "picky" if they see no flow whatsoever in their build (even normal flow not talking about primed), power str above the roof and negative efficience. And range 250 on top of that. When it's totally possible to make your efficiency like +140-160% keeping power str at 180-200 or so.

36 minutes ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

There's a problem exactly with those kind of situations. Because... what you mean here by "not too picky?" Players that go as EV there have all the rights to be "picky" if they see no flow whatsoever in their build (even normal flow not talking about primed), power str above the roof and negative efficience. And range 250 on top of that. When it's totally possible to make your efficiency like +140-160% keeping power str at 180-200 or so.

I was more so jokingly mocking the elitists who think you need blind rage and 4x CP for Draco. There are definitely bad RJ builds, but generally speaking if they can cast 4 or more times without an EV and have max range then it's fine - and having a good EV can make up for it anyway.

6 minutes ago, Neightrix said:

I was more so jokingly mocking the elitists who think you need blind rage and 4x CP for Draco. There are definitely bad RJ builds, but generally speaking if they can cast 4 or more times without an EV and have max range then it's fine - and having a good EV can make up for it anyway.

Ah sorry got it wrong.

I disagree on everything, like what everyone else here has said hieracon would be the new draco and mods are very easy to come by and i wouldnt want someone seeing my build, just no.

This game takes no skill whatsoever, its all common sense and getting decent mods thats it and making a decent build which also takes common sense, so pretty much there is no "indicator of skill" instead look at the player stats and check the hours played, also add in raids completed that way we know the players experience and all that. 

MR means nothing, Conclave rating is even more meaningless.

Any other type of rating would have a high risk of being meaningless too.

If you really want to get an idea of what the player can do, you can always check their stats in their profile.

Adding a 'current build view' would be really damaging as it would allow the herd that blindly follow the meta-du-jour to behave like pricks.

If your build or success or enjoyment rely on others having specific build or behavior, go to the recruiting chat or form a clan around that.

For exemple, when farming with nekros, i will go recruit some player who would agree to stay near a spot and that will use slash weapons.

If i go on public or blind recruitment, i assume i will have to prepare for anything … that is why i enjoy sorties on public (except spy sorties, i always solo spy missions).

On May 8, 2016 at 4:43 PM, -dicht.Amducias- said:

As i mentioned i am totally against the suggestion of adding any relation between mods and mastery rank, all my arguments aim towards the addition of a feature which allows us to inspect the mod configuration one is using via the profile

That seems like a better idea. This way team mates can make each other's builds. It also allows to see how much forma they have and their mods ranks

I honestly don't see the point of doing this, MR is not measure of skill and neither is how massive your mod collection rating is. I also see the same issue with looking at someone's warframe and setup. Just because you drive a Lamborghini doesn't mean you are a good driver. 

3 hours ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I also see the same issue with looking at someone's warframe and setup. Just because you drive a Lamborghini doesn't mean you are a good driver. 

A half destroyed car cant drive well, even if the driver is good..

a lamborghini has the possibility to drive properly at least.. 

On 5/8/2016 at 11:08 AM, Nomen_Nescio said:

Lol no. Now, let's do math. Assuming not every person can afford having r10/9 blind rage for ev trin and r5 for excals, valkyrs and so on for example. So, r9 transient fortitude+intensify+r5 blind rage will do you more than just one maxed r10 blind rage, around 175 power str equivalent to ~45 energy per pulse for EV vs 130 or so power str and around 35 enrgy per pulse with one r10 blind rage. And honestly, EV is like the only thing (or close to it) that even benefits from full or close to full blind rage withoout sacrificing stats or efficience. Not to mention, it's way better to have EV trinity with transient+full fleeting with lesser power str than having EV trinity with full blind rage and no transient or fleeting. Outcomes will be different. But that person with r10 blind rage and no transient/fleeting will have a better "score" with that system. Which proves it's useless as hell.

Or let's leave r5 blind rage. Now tell me the difference between r9 and r10 blind rage in the same EV. And how that will fit in that "maxed r10 mods" theory.

trans and fleeting is mandatory for bring the dur down to around 12%, usually people run with both blind rage and trans. a maxed blind rage gives 99% stre and thus, will save space for other mods. Tho in my experience, maxed blind rage is only good when you have a power source such as by spamming pads or having an EV. a r10 blind rage or atleast r8 blind rage is needed for set ups such as RJ excals in draco, if the power stren is less then 200 than it could lead to a mission fail in a organized draco.

10 hours ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I honestly don't see the point of doing this, MR is not measure of skill and neither is how massive your mod collection rating is. I also see the same issue with looking at someone's warframe and setup. Just because you drive a Lamborghini doesn't mean you are a good driver. 

That is why i suggest that MR should be based on mod rank as well. By mod rank, i mean those little light up dots u see at the bottom of the mod card. so if u maxed out the mod, all the dots will be light up.

11 hours ago, dealingtrap said:

It is not exclusion that is feared, is the mass that blindly follow a meta and refuse to accept any new try at something else.

it's called meta for a reason, its good and it's publicly recognized as so. Not a blind following if u do something that has been proven to work well. 

16 hours ago, dealingtrap said:

MR means nothing, Conclave rating is even more meaningless.

Any other type of rating would have a high risk of being meaningless too.

If you really want to get an idea of what the player can do, you can always check their stats in their profile.

Adding a 'current build view' would be really damaging as it would allow the herd that blindly follow the meta-du-jour to behave like pricks.

If your build or success or enjoyment rely on others having specific build or behavior, go to the recruiting chat or form a clan around that.

For exemple, when farming with nekros, i will go recruit some player who would agree to stay near a spot and that will use slash weapons.

If i go on public or blind recruitment, i assume i will have to prepare for anything … that is why i enjoy sorties on public (except spy sorties, i always solo spy missions).

Look, there is only 1 specific way to build for a specific purpose. Like for ev u don't go balls out for duration do you? If i asked for a specific build i would want to check the player's mods to make sure they have done it correctly. This is for pre made groups and not pubs. I don't know what you're concern is.

MR means nothing? O boy i have heard this a lot. Please explain to me why. You see, not every high MR is a draco farmer, because its simply not possible. First of all, when a new player is playing they won't know to hop in draco. Plus, no body would want them in draco. So they would have to go through the star chart and earn experience about how to play the game and such. its only till the player is near the end of the game when they will have massive amount of resources to farm for a higher MR. 

So by saying that MR means nothing you're telling me that a MR 21 would perform just as good as a MR0 who just started the game in a sortie mission or a very high level mission. You see, your statement about MR does not stand on it's own.

Yes, a mr 21 might not be able to have 100% accuracy but this game is not about aim, its about your mods and your knowledge on how to use them. A low MR player can not simply compete with a high MR in terms of that.

8 minutes ago, BigBlackCook said:

trans and fleeting is mandatory for bring the dur down to around 12%, usually people run with both blind rage and trans. a maxed blind rage gives 99% stre and thus, will save space for other mods. Tho in my experience, maxed blind rage is only good when you have a power source such as by spamming pads or having an EV. a r10 blind rage or atleast r8 blind rage is needed for set ups such as RJ excals in draco, if the power stren is less then 200 than it could lead to a mission fail in a organized draco.

It's NOT 100% needed. It's cancer, especially for poor EVs. Can't even tell the number of times I got there and witnessed stupid Excal that can RJ only 2-3 times in a row and a whole energy bar is gone. Some even have natural talent with that. And 250 range... Jesus those people that don't even test their sht. And that is all while having a buffer. Also, 200 or more is not "needed" too, especially with natural talent. While I was testing all this, I found you can get the same result with ~180 power str while having 160% efficiency.

It's exactly one of those examples where is you don't know what you're doing and just slapping your near-maxed blind rage on RJ you will fail. Because EV will just run like hell after the first round of that Draco, which happened many times. And when I asked what those RJ had the answer was always the same - max str and no efficiency. You can have blind rage on your build of course but it should be balanced. Which is exactly the case here.

2 hours ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

It's NOT 100% needed. It's cancer, especially for poor EVs. Can't even tell the number of times I got there and witnessed stupid Excal that can RJ only 2-3 times in a row and a whole energy bar is gone. Some even have natural talent with that. And 250 range... Jesus those people that don't even test their sht. And that is all while having a buffer. Also, 200 or more is not "needed" too, especially with natural talent. While I was testing all this, I found you can get the same result with ~180 power str while having 160% efficiency.

It's exactly one of those examples where is you don't know what you're doing and just slapping your near-maxed blind rage on RJ you will fail. Because EV will just run like hell after the first round of that Draco, which happened many times. And when I asked what those RJ had the answer was always the same - max str and no efficiency. You can have blind rage on your build of course but it should be balanced. Which is exactly the case here.

u ned p flow and fleeting as well yes. not only power stren for RJ. 

Just now, BigBlackCook said:

u ned p flow and fleeting as well yes. not only power stren for RJ. 

You need much more than that, and again, there are different ways to make that build. That "r10 blind rage and you're golden" won't work. That's what I was talking about the whole time. Testing and experimenting does more than maxed mods alone and that can't be farmed or bought.

8 hours ago, BigBlackCook said:

Look, there is only 1 specific way to build for a specific purpose. Like for ev u don't go balls out for duration do you? If i asked for a specific build i would want to check the player's mods to make sure they have done it correctly. This is for pre made groups and not pubs. I don't know what you're concern is.

By thinking that you limit yourself by not testing new options … that is your choice, why trying to impose it on others?

And at no point did the suggestion indicated this was for recruiting groups only … there is no difference in the interface between pubs and recruited squads, except for trials.

Also, some people want to spend so fun time when they are playing a game, i have my fair share of time spent with control freaks at work so i would prefer not to  see that behaviour around when i am gaming.

MR means nothing? O boy i have heard this a lot. Please explain to me why. You see, not every high MR is a draco farmer, because its simply not possible. First of all, when a new player is playing they won't know to hop in draco. Plus, no body would want them in draco. So they would have to go through the star chart and earn experience about how to play the game and such. its only till the player is near the end of the game when they will have massive amount of resources to farm for a higher MR. 

Yeah because nobody ever taxied their new clanmate to Ceres to level them quickly so they can play at the same level their friends are currently playing … i sure have never seen that ever </sarcasm>

So by saying that MR means nothing you're telling me that a MR 21 would perform just as good as a MR0 who just started the game in a sortie mission or a very high level mission. You see, your statement about MR does not stand on it's own.

Sorties are gated at MR4 if i remember correctly … i play sorties in public (except spy that i solo), and i have seen MR8 perform better than MR16. And don't assume low MR means that they started the game recently, i know quite a few player who don't jump on the new shinies as soon as they are out and prefer to focus on mastering a frame and specific equipment, dropping tons of forma on those. MR is only an indication that someone like to try every weapons and frame, but not everybody is like that.

Yes, a mr 21 might not be able to have 100% accuracy but this game is not about aim, its about your mods and your knowledge on how to use them. A low MR player can not simply compete with a high MR in terms of that.

Again, MR is not an indication of the time spend in the game …

Let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.

11 hours ago, BigBlackCook said:

Thank god that someone at least got the point of being able to check others builds