The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bye Bye Loki Prime,you shall be missed.

Alemonzero

Though still many wait with bated breaths for the vaulting of Loki Prime,many know that after saryn prime stops being sold Loki Prime will start being vaulted.

Loki Prime was the top must have  Prime Warframe in the game and soon Loki prime will no longer drop in the void.

So good bye loki prime.

Farewell loki prime king of the primes and  waiting to see your umbra form,that will be cool and new.

Edited by Alemonzero

1 minute ago, TheBright888 said:

Told people the map rework is still far off and noone believe me^^

It's getting closer though. I think their deadline for it is U19, and we're already on U18.10

Though if that was meant to imply that you hope that the {rime Vault will be abolished on the starchart rework, I wouldn't advise you to get your hopes up

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

It's getting closer though. I think their deadline for it is U19, and we're already on U18.10

Though if that was meant to imply that you hope that the {rime Vault will be abolished on the starchart rework, I wouldn't advise you to get your hopes up

It would be by far the most ridiculous thing ever if the vault would stay with the new map. It was an emergency patch to help cropped void tables. When the void tables are open again it is not necessary anymore. 

Also no one would want to start on a game of which over half of its good content is locked away to never be reached. 

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

If you watch the recent dev streams, they pretty much admit, they have no idea how certain features of the map are going to work exactly. (Because its still in the planning stages.)

My prediction is at least half a year.

1 minute ago, InglriousB said:

It would be by far the most ridiculous thing ever if the vault would stay with the new map. It was an emergency patch to help cropped void tables. When the void tables are open again it is not necessary anymore. 

Also no one would want to start on a game of which over half of its good content is locked away to never be reached. 

IIRC, there was no solid yes/no from DE regarding bringing back the Vaulted Primes when the new Star Chart is done.  I agree that it'd be ridiculous if they didn't because they said the Prime Vault was a temp thing, but I doubt they'll turn lose of the Prime Vault Packs income since the Frost Prime one did so well. : / 

2 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

I think someone who started would have all the brand new warframes and new prime variants to look forward, too. Not to mention unvaulting happens.

Vaulting is to effective a method to create revenue for the company without actually doing something terrible to the game for it. I would be realllly shocked if they unvaulted everything and put it all back into rotation at all times.

Just now, Alemonzero said:

The primes are going away because of the umbras,they will the new.

I highly doubt the Prime Warframes are being discontinued in favor of the Umbras.  Do you have any material to support this?

1 minute ago, InglriousB said:

The problem is that the "help cropped void tables" part was a very transparent lie. The void drop tables are still lopsided and overcrowded as all get-out, with some nodes still sporting 8 items while several have 1 or even 0. Meanwhile, the devs made it clear that the new starchart will have a "completely new method of getting prime items", which does not sound to me like the Prime Vault is going away

No, far more likely that the locking away of more and more good content is deliberate, in order to create a sense of exclusivity, like with the Braton Vandal

2 minutes ago, Alemonzero said:

Umbra Warframes will have better stats,new game mechanics, will have a story quest and more lore that will be new.

And?  That doesn't inherently mean that the Primes are going to be discontinued.  

4 minutes ago, Alemonzero said:

Umbra Warframes will have better stats,new game mechanics, will have a story quest and more lore that will be new.

What makes you think any of this? The story/quest/lore, I believe. But I doubt Umbras will be an upgrade on Primes, only on the base frame in a different way is what I'd imagine.

Do you have a source for this? Because that is a layer of escalation I was not expecting nor hoping for.

Didn't Steve imply or outright say that the new map is in U19 in one of the latest devstreams? There's no way they're gonna vault Loki Prime and then immediately put him back into the map in U19, that's just silly. I might be remembering wrong tho.

14 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I highly doubt the Prime Warframes are being discontinued in favor of the Umbras.  Do you have any material to support this?

There actually is proof against this. In a recent devstream I remember them saying that they will definitely have a prime version for each Warframe. I don't think they're gonna discontinue them after such a statement

2 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

There actually is proof against this. In a recent devstream I remember them saying that they will definitely have a prime version for each Warframe. I don't think they're gonna discontinue them after such a statement

They've been saying for years (since I started) that every 'frame will have a Prime variant.  Like I posted in that quote, I highly doubt the Primes are being discontinued in favor of the Umbras - just wanted to know where OP was getting the information to the contrary.  

I can see DE putting more effort into the Umbras, I don't doubt that at all.