Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Balancing (Nerf) discussion..

(PSN)AngelShur

1 minute ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Self damage will fix it? F'in lol. No one uses other launchers because they gib you, why the hell would I use Tonkor if it does it too? And other blatantly obvious spam weapons like Simulor and Staticor are launchers with no downsides.

Nerf Tonkor everyone switches to Simulor. (except the ones that rage quit the game since they spent forma on the Tonkor)

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Self damage will fix it? F'in lol. No one uses other launchers because they gib you, why the hell would I use Tonkor if it does it too? And other blatantly obvious spam weapons like Simulor and Staticor are launchers with no downsides.

Simulor I can understand, but the Staticor... come on man, get real now.

Simulor isn't even in the same boat as Tonkor.
People can still rely on a powerful weapon like the Tonkor or Simulor, but for what it is, the Tonkor NEEDS to deal self-damage ON TOP of its already absurd damage. Because without it, it is taking away from every other launcher (Explosives laucher) in the game.

Why ever go back to your good ol' Penta or Ogris, or even the Kulstar... when you have the game-breaking Tonkor chugging out loads of damage with no risk involved.

Sounds pretty broken to me.
Don't try diverting this to the Simulor, the Simulor is alright in my book, because of it's limited range, and the fact it is unaffected by mods in that regard.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Self damage creates a problem with all weapons. People will troll you and walk right in front of you and instantly gib yourself. Self-damage creates more problems then it solves. Explosive weapons in general need a rework cause they are not rewarding. Maybe self-damage would be fine, if it had some form of hardcap were it do damage to you but not gib instantly.  

So, you would have the opportunity to save yourself if you did miss, or hit yourself.

Also, before we even add self damage to the tonkor, at least fix the bug where it explodes upon firing.

6 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Nerf Tonkor everyone switches to Simulor. (except the ones that rage quit the game since they spent forma on the Tonkor)

The players that leave if the Tonkor gets "changed" for the better, are better off not playing.

If they have to rely on a weapon that can get their sorry bums up the starchart without any worries, there are other games they could be playing. Tonkor won't be useless after a glance over by the devs (if Self-Damage and some tweaking is all they do). The players that leave in the aftermath of a Tonkor change, it is up to them, but it really shows that they were in the game for the easy PZ Tonkor, and the game-breaking cheese fest it gave birth to.

What fun is there in a game without challenge?

That is why after ranking and Forma'ing my Tonkor 5 times, I shelved it. Because I prefer bows and Nikanas to be completely honest with myself and you.

And most of the time, I can outclass a Tonkor user in the Damage Output department, and that is pretty satisfying to say the least. Because I did it up in the enemies' faces, slashing through them like butter with my Nikana Prime.

Risk and Reward = Fun

No Risk and Much Reward = Boring.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

3 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Simulor I can understand, but the Staticor... come on man, get real now.

Simulor isn't even in the same boat as Tonkor.
People can still rely on a powerful weapon like the Tonkor or Simulor, but for what it is, the Tonkor NEEDS to deal self-damage ON TOP of its already absurd damage. Because without it, it is taking away from every other launcher (Explosives laucher) in the game.

Why ever go back to your good ol' Penta or Ogris, or even the Kulstar... when you have the game-breaking Tonkor chugging out loads of damage with no risk involved.

Sounds pretty broken to me.
Don't try diverting this to the Simulor, the Simulor is alright in my book, because of it's limited range, and the fact it is unaffected by mods in that regard.

So the Tonkor is no loner used ?, We move on to the next best weapon on the list.

Tonkor, Soma Prime , Boltor Prime, Hek, Vaykor Hek, Sancti Tigris, Synoid Simulor, Dread and Rakta Cernos.

Just one less weapon for end game.

they should have nerfed it about a 8 months ago when everyone was still crying about how the Boltor Prime was too OP for MR2's.
Tonkor was rarely talked about. I don't think it started getting any real shine until the Zepyhr glitch sparked it up.

I'm afraid it's too little, too late. A HUGE chunk lower-rank users that don't keep up with the forums and such would be blindsided

Edited by (PS4)SupeBoss

6 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

So the Tonkor is no loner used ?, We move on to the next best weapon on the list.

Tonkor, Soma Prime , Boltor Prime, Hek, Vaykor Hek, Sancti Tigris, Synoid Simulor, Dread and Rakta Cernos.

Just one less weapon for end game.

Tonkor with Self Damage (If that is all that will happen) will NOT break the weapon. It will still deal massive amounts of damage to enemies and to you if you aren't careful.

Tonkor will only stop being used because of the threat it will pose to those not willing to heed the fact that it can literally DESTROY a group of 20 enemies with one shot AND yourself. Not because it can deal less damage overall.

Stop fear mongering, no other weapon on that "list" is even REMOTELY close to being an issue.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Tonkor with Self Damage (If that is all that will happen) will NOT break the weapon. It will still deal massive amounts of damage to enemies and to you if you aren't careful.

Tonkor will only stop being used because of the threat it will pose to those not willing to heed the fact that it can literally DESTROY a group of 20 enemies with one shot AND yourself. Not because it can deal less damage overall.

Stop fear mongering, no other weapon on that "list" is even REMOTELY close to being an issue.

Why would I take the chance on the Tonkor when I can just use a different end game weapon ? 

I strongly dislike the Tonkor, but I don't think it should be nerfed.  I believe other weapons need to be buffed.

Edit:  A lot of the late game difficulty comes from the increased health of mobs.  High damage, end game weapons are needed to compete.  Removing a weapon from this list is only going to shrink the pool of commonly used end game weapons.

Edited by Rennagade

If Tonkor gains self damage the drop in usage would be tremendous. It has only 2 shots, abysmal accuracy, and the bouncy grenades are sure to down you. It's like fixing difficulty by making every enemy spongey. It fixes nothing.

Staticor has nearly 100% status with radiation. Even if it doesn't outright kill them, they kill themselves.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)SupeBoss said:

they should have nerfed it about a 8 months ago when everyone was still crying about how the Boltor Prime was too OP for MR2's.
Tonkor was rarely talked about. I don't think it started getting any real shine until the Zepyhr glitch sparked it up.

I'm afraid it's too little, too late. A HUGE chunk lower-rank users that don't keep up with the forums and such would be blindsided

A Self Damage addition is not a nerf.

It is a reason to be weary of the fact that the Tonkor can deal insane amounts of damage, not only to enemies but to you.

The Tonkor has overshadowed the other launchers for far too long, and it is about time something is done about this problem. No blatant nerfs needed, just the addition of self-damage.

Need I say more? I've said this countless times as it is.

To those who don't agree, you just want to have something that poses no risk and a great reward to rely on, don't you?
Without risk, where is the fun?

It's basically like hacking a public lobby of Call of Duty, sure you will decimate everyone else with your AIMBOT, but where is the fun? You're only ruining other player's experiences. That isn't fun, or right.

I'm getting off topic.
Self-Damage on Tonkor... I'm all for it.

3 minutes ago, Rennagade said:

I strongly dislike the Tonkor, but I don't think it should be nerfed.  I believe other weapons need to be buffed.

Edit:  A lot of the late game difficulty comes from the increased health of mobs.  High damage, end game weapons are needed to compete.  Removing a weapon from this list is only going to shrink the pool of commonly used end game weapons.

It is possible to bring the Tonkor down a bit and bring other weapons up as well

5 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Why would I take the chance on the Tonkor when I can just use a different end game weapon ? 

That's your choice in the end, if you want to go the "easy" route and not blow yourself to smithereens, by all means.

But if you will give up the love you have for the Tonkor, just because of the addition of self-damage... what does that say about you?

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

2 minutes ago, Eminem2420 said:

Either remove the no self damage and make the rocket jump an alt fire or make it so all launchers have no self damage. It doesn't make sense to me that all launchers in the game has self damage except the Tonkor. 

This guy gets it. :3

Finally.

Players tend to be averse to launchers because they can get players killed....Especially in teams for some reason.

Tonkor's in a weird place as it doesn't come with most of the drawbacks seen with other launchers (self damage, reload fails, incompatibility with Multi-shot, etc) and it can do more damage.

Adding more self damage to it just encourages players to put it in the pile of weapons they don't use.

...So does a punishing nerf.

The better route, imo, is re-working and fine-tuning the whole class like they did for shotguns.

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

A Self Damage addition is not a nerf.

It is a reason to be weary of the fact that the Tonkor can deal insane amounts of damage, not only to enemies but to you.

The Tonkor has overshadowed the other launchers for far too long, and it is about time something is done about this problem. No blatant nerfs needed, just the addition of self-damage.

Need I say more? I've said this countless times as it is.

To those who don't agree, you just want to have something that poses no risk and a great reward to rely on, don't you?
Without risk, where is the fun?

It's basically like hacking a public lobby of Call of Duty, sure you will decimate everyone else with your AIMBOT, but where is the fun? You're only ruining other player's experiences. That isn't fun, or right.

I'm getting off topic.
Self-Damage on Tonkor... I'm all for it.

I don't disagree with you on your reasoning for needing self-damage on it. I'm actually all for it.
But adding a downside to a weapon that (for all intents and purposes) has no downside is a nerf.

Nerf doesn't have to be a dirty word. I agree that it could use one.
But I put it on the shelf with Valkyr's invincibility. I just don't see it happening

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

If Tonkor gains self damage the drop in usage would be tremendous. It has only 2 shots, abysmal accuracy, and the bouncy grenades are sure to down you. It's like fixing difficulty by making every enemy spongey. It fixes nothing.

Staticor has nearly 100% status with radiation. Even if it doesn't outright kill them, they kill themselves.

But the Staticor can't ultimately destroy an entire room with a single click now can it?