The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game needs "fat" warframes

Deshiel

Silly as this sounds. Many games with character selection or creation offer all kinds of human shapes and sizes to help you find the look you want. Some people are larger than the other. Some are small. If the other waframes can be well built or insanely skiny, why is there no "large" frame? 

Should the game add some big lad to our arsenal to represent the wastly ignored part of humanity or should it continue staying away from them?

thor_warriors_three_fandral.jpg

this picture was inserted by the time page 4 was up.

Edited by Deshiel

Smoug?

Pretty sure Rhino is as "fat" as Warframes can go, because fat stuff is usually hard to animate and Warframes need to be able to Parkour, do Finisher moves, hold a rifle.

Fat will just make everything mesh with each other and make the game look unprofessional. 

Just now, (XB1)Gray Silhouette said:

Ninjas aren't fat.

Being bulky has FAR too many disadvantages to it, especially if the name of the game is to be stealthy and agile.

Warframes do not share the pros and cons with humanity. Chubby warframe won't run out of stamina after few bulletjumps 

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

Not sure if serious, but... Introducing something like that would be more of an insult, rather than a fair representation. Let's not push political corectness where it is not necessary nor desired.

So all the games that already introduced this are in fact insulting us?

As stated above, let's not pull a Tumblr where not needed. It's fine if we done get every little shape possible. Plus, we've got some wierd body shapes already. Example, where is Atlas' neck?

Digital Extremes is from Canada. They probably don't operate under any illusions that being overweight is anything but unhealthy, unlike in the United States where for some reason people ignore doctors and rationalize it. To them it's probably like asking for a frame that's constantly coughing, puking and sick or a frame that cries out in pain every time it uses one of it's limbs.

I don't think they actually have anything against people of size. Our frames we do have aren't sterotypic "magazine cover" "perfect" or anything. Hydroid is a good example of giving us a rounder shape without looking unfit. He just looks like he's got bulbous armor on.

1 minute ago, VKhaun said:

Digital Extremes is from Canada. They probably don't operate under any illusions that being overweight is anything but unhealthy, unlike in the United States where for some reason people ignore doctors and rationalize it. To them it's probably like asking for a frame that's constantly coughing, puking and sick or a frame that cries out in pain every time it uses one of it's limbs.

I don't think they actually have anything against people of size. Our frames we do have aren't sterotypic "magazine cover" "perfect" or anything. Hydroid is a good example of giving us a rounder shape without looking unfit. He just looks like he's got bulbous armor on.

They will eventualy decide to make atleast one for the aforementioned diversity.

IF this is implemented (and I doubt it will because it seems kinda silly to me) it would need to be done carefully to straddle the line between generously proportioned and obese. Obviously we can't have a warframe running around that looks like he/she would cause a scale to say "One at a time, please," but more body shape diversity wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing in my books. 

I just don't think that a heavier set warframe is the right path to go down. 

1 minute ago, Imaru said:

IF this is implemented (and I doubt it will because it seems kinda silly to me) it would need to be done carefully to straddle the line between generously proportioned and obese. Obviously we can't have a warframe running around that looks like he/she would cause a scale to say "One at a time, please," but more body shape diversity wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing in my books. 

I just don't think that a heavier set warframe is the right path to go down. 

Never actualy stated that the warframes should be "extra" large. I guess its the added artwork xD

Just now, Deshiel said:

They will eventualy decide to make atleast one for the aforementioned diversity.

Just remember it's a 3rd person shooter with no option to go first person except for scopes. There's a point where making a character much bigger than Hydroid or Atlas isn't practical. Atlas is really pushing it TBH. If I play him for a while then bust out Ember or Nyx I'm like WOA I CAN SEE.

Just now, VKhaun said:

Just remember it's a 3rd person shooter with no option to go first person except for scopes. There's a point where making a character much bigger than Hydroid or Atlas isn't practical. Atlas is really pushing it TBH. If I play him for a while then bust out Ember or Nyx I'm like WOA I CAN SEE.

what fov do you play on may i ask?

I actually attended a short convention about inclusion of a diverse set of characters. The issue here is that the Warframes themselves are still unknown to us in terms of their production and origin. For all we know they were designed with maximum mobility in mind. 

For now, lay off the idea, until we know more about Warframes and how they are designed this concept seems to be for the sake of inclusion but not immersion. 

Edited by Agentawesome

1 minute ago, Deshiel said:

So all the games that already introduced this are in fact insulting us?

What I mean is if you want to introduce a minority representation in a product you need to do it in a correct way. Wall-running obese ninjas is nothing more than ridiculing overweight people. Introducing a representation just for the sake of it being there is demeaning both to the represented group and us as consumers. In other words, this is a stupid idea.