Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor idea

dual1020

Since alot of people are discussing about the tonkor, i want to give my opinion on what can be done with the tonkor.

My suggestion would be:

1. -Same damage as usual
  2. -Reduce the ammo to 1, Increase reload speed to 2.5 (this way, while it can still do massive damage, increases the time to deal damage aka slows the dps)
  3. - Remove the aiming assist (increases the learning curve of the weapon, adds punishment to poor accuracy) [just like killing floor's M79]
  4. - Add a fuse delay, the time it takes to detonate to impact should be around 2 seconds and not more than 3 seconds. If it hits an enemy before the delay, itll bounce off. 
  5. - Alt fire is a selection to decide with the fuse delay of 0 seconds [effect=very small blast radius, high self damage, reduced status chance to 10%] 2 seconds [effect= medium blast radius, medium self damage, status chance is reduced to half], and finally 4 ( or insert # more than 2 )seconds [effect=high blast radius, low self damage, status chance is the same as the modded weapon stat] - The stradavar weapon got me thinking of this. 

Just an idea.

35 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

You know what these 4 threads about the Tonkor needs? A 5th thread! 

that means its controversial. And everyone loves controversy.... right? And that means people have a care to give. 

Point #5 sounds like it would start making it feel too clunky.

I would take away Crit/Status (maybe increase magazine to 3), make it MR 3 to be the first available explosive launcher and it would be a new player weapon.

It's already got several aspects that lend itself to being made for new players:

1. Negligible self-damage (so new players don't kill themselves)
  2. Aim assist
  3. Doubled Max Ammo over other launchers
  4. Easy to fire (no charge time or manual detonation)

The only thing that makes it OP and overused for damage is its critical stats and that it headshots with those criticals.

Edited by Maicael

tonkor is fine as it is: a very fun weapon that many players enjoy. 

ignore the 'nerf brigade' 

there is no problem with tonkor

however, self damage should be removed from all weapons to bring them in line with torrid, sonicor, tonkor, staticor, and lack of FF damage to teammates. 

37 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

tonkor is fine as it is

38 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

ignore the 'nerf brigade'

38 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

there is no problem with tonkor

Return to your homes.

There is no alarm.

Remain indoors.

Can you sound more Orwellian if you tried?

Yet to see a factual post from you, as opposed to spouting opinions and claiming them as fact.

13 hours ago, Magneu said:

Yet to see a factual post from you, as opposed to spouting opinions and claiming them as fact.

The fact is that many players enjoy tonkor.   They don't want tonkor nerfed.  

The next fact is that you don't have to play tonkor if you don't enjoy it.  

The final fact is any person who insists that other players should not be able to play the weapon they enjoy is on very shaky ground. 

I'm sure you have a lot of other facts to offer... but you know what they say

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. Mark Twain

so it is with lies, damned lies and facts :)

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

1 hour ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

The fact is that many players enjoy tonkor[citation needed].   They don't want tonkor nerfed[citation needed].  

The next fact is that you don't have to play tonkor if you don't enjoy it[citation needed].  

The final fact is any person who insists that other players should not be able to play the weapon they enjoy is on very shaky ground [citation needed]

I'm sure you have a lot of other facts to offer... but you know what they say

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. Mark Twain

so it is with lies, damned lies and facts :)

Fact: Many people use the Tonkor.

Fact: Not all of them enjoy having to do so.

Fact: Not all of them wish to see it remain as is.

Fact: Not personally using the Tonkor is not the same as not being influenced by the Tonkor.

Corollary: Not personally using the Tonkor does not prevent being influenced by the Tonkor.

Fact: Refusing change to the Tonkor enforces what other people can play and enjoy by virtue of its influence denying that enjoyment.

Conclusion: You are a hypocrite at best, malicious at worst. (Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.)