The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U19 will be a turning point... or will not.

matto

5 minutes ago, kiteohatto said:

People who don't have time to play because of life/work, but still want the latest bells and whistles pay to get it.

People who play the game a lot are able to not pay and just get by through grind, but for free.

Now, people who don't want to pay or grind are asking for newest stuff to be handed to them on a silver platter week 1.(remember that each PA is like ~1.5 month's worth of content, the other 1.5 month are the alerts, random frame and an event or something).

People just don't have the patience and want everything now and easy, then they moan of the forums about being bored and lack of content.

Why is it such a huge problem for you people to take your time with the game and enjoy it ? Treat every fresh PA as a long-ish goal to strive towards and incentive to login and play. Why is it a problem ?

That exactly how a Wallet warrior would think ... We do play for fun , to enjoy it , if it awsome and I have fun and I'm able to pay why not ?It is such a problem because there is a need of balance and this is clearly broken , don't tell me those Nitain was add'ed to add more gameplays which did'nt improve for a while ,You see Nitain is Alert only and not sold at shop to see the problem? and We need to be online for 20 nitain which are random... awsome ain't it?

@p3z1 I'll answer under your quote anyway here we go :

• Probably the most controversial thing currently, Vauban Prime needing 20 NITAIN TOTAL

Yea , 20 NITAIN , we have to be on everytime for an alert that is rare who know when next will be , don't forget previous issue with 30 k cryo and i heard it's was 14 k oxyum for chassis instead of 7... why adding so much time wall?

• Placement of prime parts currently. So most, if not all, players know that Rotation C is the MOST DILUTE thing existing in the game, and DEvs decide to put the new primes in only Rotation C

DE in livestream say ,they understand that we're are burning out , to much farm blah blah blah , but ingames they do everything wrong ,like in Devstream they say stuff we want to ear but ingames they do what they wish. Also , removing old prime should have make less diluted the void , but you know it won't happen , why ? wallet warrior ,they need a reason to buy right?There is so many area there could been , but nop It's gotta be rotation C ,not surprize at all

• in the Derelicts, and even probably the lack of T1-T4 spy (if such a thing is a good idea.) Basically, for new players to avail of these things, they are forced to go to trading

Wait , you crazy? Adding T4 Spy , you understand that spy key will be 0.001% chance drop? which mean more farm , awsome ain't it? 

• Sibear requires 30k cryotic, a very huge amount of cryotic (300 excavators), not a problem for those that power-farmed these before the excavation "rebalance" and core drop nerfs. Not a major problem, since it isn't a prime anyways, but shows a gap between F2P and paying players.

Sibear , it's clearly a bad joke , it will take time to make it for many people , as excavation is not fun at all anymore , gotta baby camp it ,who was thinking that 30 k cryo on it was a good idea to start with it? it's not like it's a good weapon anyway

• An argument that may seem dull, but I'd consider the Second Dream to be another gap opener (gear-wise). So, finishing this quest gives Broken-War, a pre-requisite for a probably broken weapon, War. Now, buying Hunhow's Gift gives you War for free (technically) and some cosmetics exclusive to the bundle. If you can't afford that platinum, then you are going to grind for War BP from Stalker. Wanting to keep both, you farm Stalker for Broken War BP, and conculysts for 2x blades and a hilt (really 

Dull? not at all , I've been farming night and day stalker , hey hes suppose to farm me right? I had to buy stuff to make him spawn awsome... after dunno like 200-300 stalker i got the BP, to find only that it will be using my free potato'ed broken war , I did it , but the real War is terribly slow and weak...

• The introduction of clan-tech weapons to the Market. Yes, this is an old thing already, since older tech weapons can't be bought with plat anyways. The problem is, the recent clan-techs can be bought with plat as well, aside from the usual gathering of materials and researching. The problem with this is the fact that some Clan-Tech weapons are expensive, and are available from the market. Also, a side note, forma BP drops have been seemingly nerfed before, and pre-built forma don't seem to exist in the void anymore. The Knux is probably the best example out there. Again, a small gap, but a gap nonetheless.

We have enought of Forma ,really I've for myself 200+ forma bp maybe and 30 build around , and the cost for research is to much to , we have asked for DE for clan weapon research they did it , but they overdone it like usual

Spoiler

*wondering if I'm getting a warning point for this post*

1 minute ago, kiteohatto said:

So you would rather spend 2 whole weeks running the same nodes for a drop than say.....play the game the fun way(your idea of fun) and just sell other drops for plat and then trade someone for the parts you are missing, especially that in 2 weeks the prices will get lower and then lower and lower still.

In fact I wouldn't. First, because it's ridiculous. Second, even if I would, there is nothing else to do. What else do you have to do, when you have almost everything in the game? You are forced to farm things you are missing, or just buy them. Trading is always an option, sure. As long as you have things you can trade, like other parts or plats.

And again I'm at the point that almost all these things mentioned by you or me, aren't accessible to new players. They need a huge start up.

9 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

1. I wanna be sure, just in case the term offends anyone.

2. Because that pile is diluted, whole Rotations A and B are almost barebones.

3. Because I want to experience the new stuff as well. Yes I can wait, but with all this dilution, it'll take a long while before that happens. Even so, I could be unlucky by missing nitain alerts almost everyday, leading me to theoretically unable to build Vauban Prime. Yes, Ship Sabotage is an option, but with all that dilution?

I keep seeing "dilution", and I'm not trying to be condescending, but I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you saying that the drop tables and RNG for rotation C of Tier 3 aren't fair enough to get the parts you need in a timely manner while nothing worthwhile is dropped in rotations A and B?  Well, if that's your point, then that's a much better argument, and I can see your point there totally.  So why even bring "wallet warriors" into this at all.  I've bought stuff from DE (because I can), and I've grinded for stuff (because I wanted to), and my woes with RNG are no one else's fault whatsoever, the least of all the people who chose to "buy it" when I chose to "grind it".

In any case, you are not being stopped from experiencing the new stuff.  You are just being delayed... by luck essentially, and yep, that's unfair.  DE could and should probably look into that, but if they didn't, it still wouldn't be anyone's problem that bought what they wanted with the money they earned.

4 minutes ago, XenoFant said:

In fact I wouldn't. First, because it's ridiculous. Second, even if I would, there is nothing else to do. What else do you have to do, when you have almost everything in the game? You are forced to farm things you are missing, or just buy them. Trading is always an option, sure. As long as you have things you can trade, like other parts or plats.

And again I'm at the point that almost all these things mentioned by you or me, aren't accessible to new players. They need a huge start up.

Why do you need to bring new player up on prime stuff when there is always the non prime option ?

22 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

If only nitain alerts stayed longer...

Because "playing for fun" doesn't pair well with bad rewards. Yes, I find high-difficulty missions fun because of the rewards (yes, I had fun with sorties when I haven't gotten any of the rewards yet). Once you start getting R5 cores consistently in sorties AND high-time survivals (40m+ Survivals), it just makes people feel bad, being rewarded squat for doing something difficult.

I wish I could say the same, but I couldn't, due to bad rewards and bad dilution. Getting cores consistently in T4 Survivals doesn't make the game any more appealing IMO. Yes, I tried the "take a break" thing, nothing happened.

Just emphasizes the gap between paying and non-paying players. Sure supporting the DEvs is fine, but putting things behind a huge wall isn't IMO.

1. I wanna be sure, just in case the term offends anyone.

2. Because that pile is diluted, whole Rotations A and B are almost barebones.

3. Because I want to experience the new stuff as well. Yes I can wait, but with all this dilution, it'll take a long while before that happens. Even so, I could be unlucky by missing nitain alerts almost everyday, leading me to theoretically unable to build Vauban Prime. Yes, Ship Sabotage is an option, but with all that dilution?

Because not everyone is lucky with seeing nitain alerts when they get the time to play the game, seeing as those alerts last less than an hour and pop up randomly without a schedule. Also, not everyone has mobile data to alert them of a nitain alert (if they are in a no wifi/internet zone).

You answered it yourself. You don't need bad, weighted RNG to make people pay for the game. Some players are willing to shell out dosh for cosmetics and some PA because they support the DEvs.

I don't recall wanting every new stuff handed down to me on a silver platter. Some do, but I can wait

I'm a working student that get's an hour a day to play. I don't keep an internet connection on my phone either. :)

@matto , 

I hit the point you are describing last year tbh. In the process I took a fairly long break where I would only check the forums and then go back to my break.

Now, I just play for the fun of it. Period.  DE gets a bit less money from me in the process... But I get less headache in the process as well.

Folks gotta eat, game has to make a profit.

What concerns me more is the notion that players who refuse to spend money will ratchet up the rhetoric against those who do.

...That's drama the game doesn't need. 

4 minutes ago, Nijyumensou said:

Why do you need to bring new player up on prime stuff when there is always the non prime option ?

Because sooner or later you stumble upon them. I'm not only talking about Prime Parts in particular, but in the overall start up (or non existent start up) for new players. Weak weapons, bad mods, no access to material whatsoever. Personally, I had my first Hornet Strike until MS 6 and my first Serration until MS 11. And you need those to kill even the weakest enemy sooner or later. There are at least these "broken mods", but they're not even good enough for starters.

Edited by XenoFant

personally I couldn't give a Drahk what people do to get gear. one of my closest friends is the epitome of a "wallet warrior", having bought literally every Prime access since Warframe came to console. I and others I know don't buy PA, and take the Void route. if you have the money, go for it. if not, have fun in the void, makes no difference to me.

what I DO care about though is how DE appear to be squeezing players for their money now by imposing ridiculous build requirements for farmers, and hiding parts behind the more tedious RNG walls of the C rotations. there was literally no need for this, Vauban will sell like hot-cakes no matter what. this is the same direction that Destiny went in with it's ridiculous Cryptarch System, and having to do those damn Nightfalls for even a chance at exotics. I couldn't see the signs then, but I know what they are now, and I don't like it one bit. if DE are trying to turn people off of Warframe, they're doing a great job so far. it's also rather cruddy of them to lie about it and say "we're reducing the Grind", when they are doing the exact opposite. the way it's going it looks like only those who have money or a ridiculous amount of time will be able to get Primes.

this needs sorting NOW. not U19, RIGHT NOW. or things will only get worse.

I don't remember the grind feeling so disheartening when rotation c still guaranteed a prime part.

I don't mind grinding, but the addition of so many "non-rewards" (wtf else would I call getting o cells in a freaking tower or R5s as the c rotation reward) makes it feel pointless much faster. 

And yes, I do enjoy the game play. It's not all about the rewards. But, in a loot game, the loot can really add or detract from the fun. 

25 minutes ago, Rebellis said:

There are two types of games.

Those in which you can unlock everything and keep playing - never getting bored. This is because the game isn't so much about grinding or obtaining, it's about playing. Examples of this type of game are Battlefield and Planetside 2 among others.

Then there are games in which the developers feel as though if a player did unlock everything, they would stop playing. That's because grinding and obtaining is really all there is to do in these types of games. So, grindwalls are put in place to prolong your playtime with the option to pay real money to shorten the time to obtain whatever it was you were grinding for. An example being Warframe.

So you are comparing 2 different genre of game and you think it's fair to do so?

15 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Well, as a Grandmaster founder, and someone who has bought every single prime access, im definitely in the P2P section.

I understand the reasoning here from DE. The idea is that they have made a game where you can stockpile large amounts of resourses then as soon as something new comes out you can make it with no issues. The problem is that not everyone is hardcorely playing warframe. Hell, ive payed so much for plat, but i dont play it all the time.

It isnt so much that DE are deliberatly widening the gap for F2P and P2P people. Its more that they are (understandably) in the mindset of someone who plays the game all the time, and so might not get the perspective of the casual player. But then should they? Who would you design your game around? The people (like myself) who play it now and then, or the people who dedicate alot of time to the game.

The problem is there is both pros and cons to either the higher or lower prices on resources and drop frequencies dependent of how you play.

A solution, for starters, IMO, is to extend alertium alerts. That eases the grind a pretty good number, if you ask me. The dilution can be solved later on, when they decide to make derelicts grindable (because who even does lv 25-35 infested for T2 captures?).

14 minutes ago, kiteohatto said:

So you would rather spend 2 whole weeks running the same nodes for a drop than say.....play the game the fun way(your idea of fun) and just sell other drops for plat and then trade someone for the parts you are missing, especially that in 2 weeks the prices will get lower and then lower and lower still.

Farm smart, not hard.

What do you mean wasting materials for nothing ?

Is crafting success RNG based now ?

Farming smart doesn't solve bad RNG or bad luck. Also, if you do get to buy Vauban prime from trade chat, will an unlucky person get all the nitain he needs?

This is coming from a person that has only gotten 1 nitain within 4 days.

8 minutes ago, T7Alpha said:

I cannot afford to... read all these long posts :cool: .

Not stopping you.

7 minutes ago, Chaosdreamer said:

Sorry had to snip

Good for you, you have a lot of forma. I've yet to get more than 10 in my inventory because forma is used on a lot of stuff (dojo, clantech, weapons and frames, etc.)

You wouldn't get a warning point for that post.

4 minutes ago, Windspike said:

I keep seeing "dilution", and I'm not trying to be condescending, but I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you saying that the drop tables and RNG for rotation C of Tier 3 aren't fair enough to get the parts you need in a timely manner while nothing worthwhile is dropped in rotations A and B?  Well, if that's your point, then that's a much better argument, and I can see your point there totally.  So why even bring "wallet warriors" into this at all.  I've bought stuff from DE (because I can), and I've grinded for stuff (because I wanted to), and my woes with RNG are no one else's fault whatsoever, the least of all the people who chose to "buy it" when I chose to "grind it".

In any case, you are not being stopped from experiencing the new stuff.  You are just being delayed... by luck essentially, and yep, that's unfair.  DE could and should probably look into that, but if they didn't, it still wouldn't be anyone's problem that bought what they wanted with the money they earned.

1. Dilution means putting unnecessary stuff in favor for more important stuff. Examples include having a LOT of cores in sorties, over getting useful stuff (like potatoes), R5 cores in T4 Survival, and having a lot of stuff in Rotation C while having next to none in Rotation A and B (as you stated).

2. I have no problems with paying players. I'm just showing that DE is favoring paying players more, while ignoring the casual playerbase. "Hardcore" players are screwed by RNG as well, but have time to burn to compensate.

9 minutes ago, XenoFant said:

Yeah, new players shouldn't have instant access to primes IMO (unless they support the DEvs, you know what I mean?). Anyways, theya re resource-locked anyways (minus the nitain, which is a problem even for some vets).

5 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

I'm a working student that get's an hour or 2 a day to play. I don't keep an internet connection on my phone either. :)

This one's me. No I am not under-aged.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

personally I couldn't give a Drahk what people do to get gear. one of my closest friends is the epitome of a "wallet warrior", having bought literally every Prime access since Warframe came to console. I and others I know don't buy PA, and take the Void route. if you have the money, go for it. if not, have fun in the void, makes no difference to me.

what I DO care about though is how DE appear to be squeezing players for their money now by imposing ridiculous build requirements for farmers, and hiding parts behind the more tedious RNG walls of the C rotations. there was literally no need for this, Vauban will sell like hot-cakes no matter what. this is the same direction that Destiny went in with it's ridiculous Cryptarch System, and having to do those damn Nightfalls for even a chance at exotics. I couldn't see the signs then, but I know what they are now, and I don't like it one bit. if DE are trying to turn people off of Warframe, they're doing a great job so far. it's also rather cruddy of them to lie about it and say "we're reducing the Grind", when they are doing the exact opposite. the way it's going it looks like only those who have money or a ridiculous amount of time will be able to get Primes.

this needs sorting NOW. not U19, RIGHT NOW. or things will only get worse.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Bowjangelz said:

I don't remember the grind feeling so disheartening when rotation c still guaranteed a prime part.

I don't mind grinding, but the addition of so many "non-rewards" (wtf else would I call getting o cells in a freaking tower or R5s as the c rotation reward) makes it feel pointless much faster. 

And yes, I do enjoy the game play. It's not all about the rewards. But, in a loot game, the loot can really add or detract from the fun. 

Exactly.

5 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Not exactly fair, if you ask me. Again, not everyone has the time to camp alerts 24/7.

Look at it from a different angle, why should those who play less still keep up with those who play more ? That is without compensating for low ingame time with money every 3 months.

Dedication should be rewarding, you spend more time ingame = you should get further.

It wouldn't be fair on those who choose to pay if everything new was easily available week 1 to those who don't play much and don't wish to pay.

You have to make sacrifices somewhere, at the end of the day....

If you play less and don't pay = you don't get latest stuff quick, but you DO get it eventually.

If you play less and pay = you get stuff right away. You sacrifice gametime for IRL grind(work) to bypass ingame grind.

If you play a lot and don't wish to pay = you get stuff relatively quick,  as long as you have made some preparations beforehand.(having some forethought and spending your time wisely).

Come on, life isn't fair, yet people are used to it, but get up in arms if a loot hoarding game doesn't reward casual players ?

there will always be a line where buying vs playing to get new stuff is. i agree the current rot C is completely too far gone, i personally think if you play a mission 10-15 times in a row.. you should pretty much be guaranteed a rot C drop.... playing s single mission 40+ times when they are 20 min games each time is a recipe for hatred. the problem is, DE makes more money this way. they should really move the rot C  drop rate to a better place where there is still a benefit for buyers, but not torturous for non buyers.

I guess the way i always thought it should be is every reward opportunity should be a 1/10 chance. make it so each mission type has 10 dif rewards, equal opportunity but only one really good reward of the 10. so instead of waiting for rot C you could actually have a chance of getting a rot C drop every reward point. in defense as well. exterminates, captures and sabatoges etc would be same thing. at the end of the game you get a 1/10 chance.

I agree totally with this every single last point when I found out that it takes 14k oxium to build a single vouban p part I was like Nope guess I am not even going to try and that hurts bc my single goal in wf is too have all the prime warframes and if possible the weps. I have a stream yesterday where I was salty the whole stream just because of this vouban thing I mean sure maybe like 5 or 8 thousand oxium sure ok I understand that but 14 freaking thousand?! DE what were you thinking. But yes in the last couple of updates I just can't afford the time or RNG on getting the resorces and I have felt pressured that if I want vouban I will need to buy him. 

13 minutes ago, XenoFant said:

New players don't need vauban prime or anything nitain related. Im just glad that we finally have some form of resource locked progression in this game.

3 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

A solution, for starters, IMO, is to extend alertium alerts. That eases the grind a pretty good number, if you ask me. The dilution can be solved later on, when they decide to make derelicts grindable (because who even does lv 25-35 infested for T2 captures?).

Farming smart doesn't solve bad RNG or bad luck. Also, if you do get to buy Vauban prime from trade chat, will an unlucky person get all the nitain he needs?

This is coming from a person that has only gotten 1 nitain within 4 days.

Not stopping you.

Good for you, you have a lot of forma. I've yet to get more than 10 in my inventory because forma is used on a lot of stuff (dojo, clantech, weapons and frames, etc.)

You wouldn't get a warning point for that post.

1. Dilution means putting unnecessary stuff in favor for more important stuff. Examples include having a LOT of cores in sorties, over getting useful stuff (like potatoes), R5 cores in T4 Survival, and having a lot of stuff in Rotation C while having next to none in Rotation A and B (as you stated).

2. I have no problems with paying players. I'm just showing that DE is favoring paying players more, while ignoring the casual playerbase. "Hardcore" players are screwed by RNG as well, but have time to burn to compensate.

Yeah, new players shouldn't have instant access to primes IMO (unless they support the DEvs, you know what I mean?). Anyways, theya re resource-locked anyways (minus the nitain, which is a problem even for some vets).

This one's me. No I am not under-aged.

Exactly.

I agree with you that the resource costs are excessive, and they are starting to put a strain on me.

I was just making the point that they are possible, and offering a bandaid for until (if they ever) fix it.

DE knows. DE doesnt care. They've hammered us every prime access and will continue to do so despite many players reaching a breaking point. It's the same thread, the same problems every prime access. We vocalize our issues on the forums, only to be paid lip service on devstreams or on the forums, but it never changes.

I hate to be the debby downer but its futile to even complain. Been there, done that.

Edited by Skaleek

I see two sides in this matter:

• Vauban is a high end frame, squishy, expensive and difficult to master. The vast majority of the veteran players in need of being able to utilize the small bonus over the non-primed variant won't have difficulties farming / crafting it.
  • As the title of the thread says, anybody who hasn't spent a huge amount of time over the last year in the game, will have difficulties reaching the crafting requirements. Especially the nitrates, seeing that this isn't the sole object they´re used for. 

I've said this before, I dislike Prime Access. They should rather introduce a very small subscription, like a buck or two per month and remove these ridiculous alternative solutions to hard work.

22 minutes ago, XenoFant said:

And why are they impatient? Because you farm one fricking part for two weeks and still don't get it. Don't tell me you wouldn't get upset, wasting materials and time for nothing.

I can understand this completely.  Yes, grinding for something for two weeks (moot point here since Vauban Prime hasn't been out that long) and not getting it is extremely frustrating.  I've been there.

But... again, that is not the concern of the player that bought what you are grinding for, nor should it be.  The reality is that this is strictly a "you" problem.

6 minutes ago, Siideriu said:

I see two sides in this matter:

• Vauban is a high end frame, squishy, expensive and difficult to master. The vast majority of the veteran players in need of being able to utilize the small bonus over the non-primed variant won't have difficulties farming / crafting it.
  • As the title of the thread says, anybody who hasn't spent a huge amount of time over the last year in the game, will have difficulties reaching the crafting requirements. Especially the nitrates, seeing that this isn't the sole object they´re used for. 

I've said this before, I dislike Prime Access. They should rather introduce a very small subscription, like a buck or two per month and remove these ridiculous alternative solutions to hard work.

And....F2P is gone.Yes, I don't mind that it become a p2p game and.....salty F2P comments incoming.

8 minutes ago, kiteohatto said:

Look at it from a different angle, why should those who play less still keep up with those who play more ? That is without compensating for low ingame time with money every 3 months.

Dedication should be rewarding, you spend more time ingame = you should get further.

It wouldn't be fair on those who choose to pay if everything new was easily available week 1 to those who don't play much and don't wish to pay.

You have to make sacrifices somewhere, at the end of the day....

If you play less and don't pay = you don't get latest stuff quick, but you DO get it eventually.

If you play less and pay = you get stuff right away. You sacrifice gametime for IRL grind(work) to bypass ingame grind.

If you play a lot and don't wish to pay = you get stuff relatively quick,  as long as you have made some preparations beforehand.(having some forethought and spending your time wisely).

Come on, life isn't fair, yet people are used to it, but get up in arms if a loot hoarding game doesn't reward casual players ?

So screw casual players? That's what I am reading. Extending Nitain a bad idea? Easing the grind a bad idea? This is what I am reading from your post.

Grinding is normal in this game, yes that's given, but increasing dilution isn't the way to go.

7 minutes ago, DreManX23 said:

I agree totally with this every single last point when I found out that it takes 14k oxium to build a single vouban p part I was like Nope guess I am not even going to try and that hurts bc my single goal in wf is too have all the prime warframes and if possible the weps. I have a stream yesterday where I was salty the whole stream just because of this vouban thing I mean sure maybe like 5 or 8 thousand oxium sure ok I understand that but 14 freaking thousand?! DE what were you thinking. But yes in the last couple of updates I just can't afford the time or RNG on getting the resorces and I have felt pressured that if I want vouban I will need to buy him. 

7k oxium is fine.

5 minutes ago, Siideriu said:

No problems with Prime Access, only with prime vault and the unnecessary wall that is alertium and diluted tables.

Maybe an optional subscription is fine, but what would players be rewarded with? Will it screw over F2P more?

1 minute ago, DxAdder said:

Either you have the time to farm want or you trade/buy the plat to get it.

If you think the grind is too much then I guess it's time to move on to a different game.

Nothing else to play :|

8 minutes ago, Windspike said:

I can understand this completely.  Yes, grinding for something for two weeks (moot point here since Vauban Prime hasn't been out that long) and not getting it is extremely frustrating.  I've been there.

But... again, that is not the concern of the player that bought what you are grinding for, nor should it be.  The reality is that this is strictly a "you" problem.

I know, and I didn't want to blame the people buying this stuff. My complaint is directed to DE. They have to equalize the game more. Of course should the ones who pay have a slight advantage, like cosmetics, because they definitely don't progress the game. Rather a little advantage like having access to the parts, but still have to build them and farm the ressources.

I will probably get a lot of hate for saying this, but I don't care!

Edited by XenoFant