Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Mirage?

NotAnNSASpy

Question

After hearing how Mirage was sooooooo good and not only buffed weapon damage, survivability and made control panels explode but she could also get into raids and sorties with her ult, I got her. It's been a bit disappointing. Her 1 gives more damage but not super noticeable, her 3 is just boring and gets my squishy face torn off anyways, her 2 works 25% of the time in my experience and does peanuts for damage and her 4 takes a year to cast. How do people play her so that they enjoy her? I don't care that much about practicality, just fun. She has only one instant damage ability and it takes forever to cast. I just got Zephyr and I enjoy Zephyr much more than Mirage. Am I doing something wrong? I don't know how to play Mirage apparently.

And I just got Overextended after running some vaults. Any frames that use this mod well? Thanks.

Edited by NotAnNSASpy

8 answers to this question

From what I've seen, there's basically two ways too go with Mirage.

Build 1: Your general run-around killing everything build.  Narrow Minded, (Primed) continuity, Intensify, Blind Rage, (Primed) Flow, Quick Thinking, Hall of Malevolence, and I'd go with Streamline for the last one (with the lack of range, Total Eclipse is unlikely to be worth it - you shouldn't be that close to your allies most of the time), ideally with Power Drift in the exilus slot (The exact mod loadout can be tweaked, of course, but you want to get damage and duration up so that your self-buffs last - and so HoM's kill-count doesn't reset too often, and are powerful).  Keep Eclipse and Hall of Mirrors active.  Eclipse provides a 488% bonus to damage when in light, or 95% damage resistance in shadows (though, there's apparently some issues with how it figures out which you're in), while the clones from HoM deal 48.8% of your damage, improving as you start getting kills (and can also draw fire, further reducing how much damage you're taking).  Combines best with AoE and/or status-based weapons, or the (Synoid) Simulor, where the extra shots from your duplicates let it form singularities much faster.

Build 2: Blind Mirage, mostly used for LoR and Interception missions that aren't Draco.  Keep (Primed) Flow and Quick Thinking for survival, as well as (Primed) Continuity.  Add Overextended, Stretch, and Natural Talent.  Streamline remains useful for efficiency (though depending on the group you're with, it may not be needed), potentially supplemented (or replaced) with Fleeting Expertise (Alternatively, Constitution can be used to push the duration a bit more)..  Cunning Drift can be included for the extra range.  With this set-up, the idea is to use Prism's large range (62.5 meters with the mods I listed) and the blind that triggers when it ends to disable all the enemies in the area.  While Mirage's Blind won't set enemies up for stealth finishers, it will prevent them from doing anything useful, letting you and your teammates focus on objectives while the enemy stands around feeling foolish.

She has to be modded right for powers to work the way you need.

Her 1 has to be modded for Strength and Duration, you also need to bring a weapon that already deals a fair bit of damage with possibly an AoE effect as well. Synoid simulor, Tonkor, Ignis and Torid for example.

2 is... ... lacklusted in my opinion, but having a pile of range and duration with some strength makes it good for at least making sure alarms are not set off, or other things like Corpus laser barriers that go up when cameras are spot you to work against the enemy.

3. You need to mod for as much strength and duration as possible to get the most out of it. Using 1, then 3, while standing in the light, is a massive damage booster for Mirage. If you are using the Total Eclipse augment for her, then add some range or at least not having negative range, to buff allies damage as well  ***Also, keep in mind when you are in a shadowed area, the 3 is actually a reduction to the damage Mirage takes, while in the light areas its a damage output increse for Mirage. Power strength determines how much more damage is dealt, or how much less damage is taken

4. Specifically the LoR raid CC build, you need max range, lots of duration, and the mod called Natural Talent to speed up cast time for it to be the really hyper effective CC. You can alternatively mod for efficiency, range , and strength, and use Prism to clear hoards of enemies fairly quickly. Again though, natural talent for cast speed.

Edited by giantconch

Ok, so here 1st ability is your best bet for 'fun'.

Really, weapons with unique firing mechanics are best. Experiment and find out. Status builds are good too.

Using the simulor is good though, as the multiple projectiles fired make instant explosions.

38 minutes ago, giantconch said:

She has to be modded right for powers to work the way you need.

Her 1 has to be modded for Strength and Duration, you also need to bring a weapon that already deals a fair bit of damage with possibly an AoE effect as well. Synoid simulor, Tonkor, Ignis and Torid for example.

2 is... ... lacklusted in my opinion, but having a pile of range and duration with some strength makes it good for at least making sure alarms are not set off, or other things like Corpus laser barriers that go up when cameras are spot you to work against the enemy.

3. You need to mod for as much strength and duration as possible to get the most out of it. Using 1, then 3, while standing in the light, is a massive damage booster for Mirage. If you are using the Total Eclipse augment for her, then add some range or at least not having negative range, to buff allies damage as well  ***Also, keep in mind when you are in a shadowed area, the 3 is actually a reduction to the damage Mirage takes, while in the light areas its a damage output increse for Mirage. Power strength determines how much more damage is dealt, or how much less damage is taken

4. Specifically the LoR raid CC build, you need max range, lots of duration, and the mod called Natural Talent to speed up cast time for it to be the really hyper effective CC. You can alternatively mod for efficiency, range , and strength, and use Prism to clear hoards of enemies fairly quickly. Again though, natural talent for cast speed.

Build?

49 minutes ago, NotAnNSASpy said:

Build?

My personal build that I use to go through LoR is Vital, Redir, Stretch, Continuity, Nat Talent, Intensify, Flow, Streamline, Constitution. A lot of people will tell you to swap out Vital and Redir for stuff like Overextended or Narrow Minded, which is fine, but if you're having trouble with Mirage you might want to keep the extra survivability on hand for now

Edited by TARINunit9

45 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

A lot of people will tell you to swap out Vital and Redir for stuff like Overextended or Narrow Minded,

Quickthinking is better for survivability, especially in raids.  You are 90% certain to be one shot anyway if things are not CC'ed, and with flow or better yet primed flow, you have energy to spare.  That's my experience in raids anyway.

Personally Constitution isn't needed either, in raids you will be spamming every few seconds regardless and constantly refreshing the duration.  I'd rather use overextended (dont really need power strength in raids, not if you are there to CC) to reach as many as possible with blind.

Again personal preference/experience, if this doesn't fit your play style, find something that does.

Edited by Xekrin

2 hours ago, NotAnNSASpy said:

Build?

A'right, heres the build I run raids with (though, I anger the EV cuz things actually die)

- Polarity aura, energy siphon or corrosive projection

Coaction drift exilus mod

Vitality, Primed Flow, Overextended, Stretch, Prime Continuity, Blind Rage, Intensify, and Streamline

Anyone who talks badly about this build should give it a shot. Its still more than CC capable, and also kills things, and makes Vay Kek into powder on the final stage with Eclipse being a 3x damage increase.

The only issue with this build is power consumption, but I made it with the assumption the EV will be steady EV'ing

Alternatively, you can swap the Blind Rage and Intensify, for Natural Talent and one other mod of your choosing

Formas will be required...

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

Quickthinking is better for survivability, especially in raids.  You are 90% certain to be one shot anyway if things are not CC'ed, and with flow or better yet primed flow, you have energy to spare.  That's my experience in raids anyway.

In my experience I can take plenty of hits in raids, especially with darkness Eclipse on. The only thing that can 2-shot me is Hek himself

You're right about the CC tho

Edited by TARINunit9