Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the Paris (normal) worth my time and space crafting, or not?

(PSN)jianxungao

Question

13 answers to this question

I'd recommend farming Paris Prime (the parts are fairly common), but standard Paris is still pretty good. I'd give you a Dread BP in a heartbeat if we could trade it...

I'd also suggest taking a look at the Daikyu, it's not a crit bow and needs either Speed Trigger or Shred to make the draw-speed bearable, but it still deals loads of damage.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)jianxungao said:

What would a good build for the Paris be?

The normal things you would put on a Primary like Serration & Split chamber, Point Strike and Vital Sense since its a decent crit capable weapon and then add Damage mods of your choice and availability and i'd recommend a Fire rate Mod to reduce the draw speed.

The Paris is pretty much your introduction to how most bows perform (very high base damage, very high crit chance, charge shot punch through) and likely the first bow you have crafted (Cernos requires Plastids, which aren't available from the starter planets, and the Daikyu is Clan tech).

Eventually, however, you will grow out of the Paris and use a different bow that is capable of red critting off a max rank Point Strike in the form of the Paris Prime and the Dread, both of which are not easy to get (Paris Prime parts come from grinding T2 and T3 Defense and Survival most of the time and the Dread is a Stalker drop) but are well worth the grind once you slap on Vital Sense and Bladed rounds and are doing 30k-45k off a single arrow.

5 hours ago, Ailith said:

I'd recommend farming Paris Prime (the parts are fairly common), but standard Paris is still pretty good. I'd give you a Dread BP in a heartbeat if we could trade it...

I'd also suggest taking a look at the Daikyu, it's not a crit bow and needs either Speed Trigger or Shred to make the draw-speed bearable, but it still deals loads of damage.

Tried It, It didnt work out for me.

9 hours ago, (PS4)jianxungao said:

So I'm really annoyed that I can't get a decent bow, seeing as it's impossible for me to beat the stalker for the dread, and I'm too lazy to farm Paris prime, is crafting the normal Paris worth it or no?

If you are annoyed at this... this probably isn't the game for you. Unless you are constantly opening your wallet, the only way to get things is to NOT be lazy and farm.

As for the Paris, it is "OK," just like the vast majority of shop weapons. I hear very good things about the Paris Prime, which presumably you did too. But no, the Paris isn't comparable to the Prime version if that is what what you are asking. Obviously the Dread is good and "cheap" if RNG favors you (I actually just got it a few hours ago while I was soloing void T1-T2 captures for ducats on my alt xbox account, haven't managed to get it on PC though). And the other one talked about is the Rakata Cernos, as the poster above mentioned. But even that requires farming (either syndicate rep or play) and MR 12 (which means a crap ton of farming mats, blueprints and credits for mastery fodder).

Sensing a theme here?