The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I just want to point out something related to how Warframe changed

I remember back in January 2015 when Steve said in a devstream they will reduce the grind. 1 year later nothing has changed. Don't forget people this is a PvE game. Not a competitive shooter or some sorts. 

43 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

New players aren't the ones constantly going for every new piece of content. That's the veterans, you got it completely backwards.
What MR3 players would be farming for Nezha, Vauban prime, or any of this year's weapons when there's already HUNDREDS of other, cheaper, weapons and Warframes to choose from?

While I don't agree completely with Kraken's entire argument, I do know that many newer player are often times seeking out some of the newer stuff just because it's some of the better stuff. While I don't find the term power creep appropriate in a PVE game, I will say that DE putting out newer stuff that overrides some of the older stuff makes players want to get there hands on that stuff. Sometimes for no other reason than it's the first weapon/frame they saw in a review video on youtube or they say a clanmate clear a room with it. Now I'm in no way putting this on DE or the player; it's just the way it is sometimes. Definitely not the majority of the newer players, but it sometimes feel like it is because we hear from a larger portion of the people that have problems than we do from people that are satisfied. It skews the numbers.

I'm also of the group that is considered "casual" now. I have everything that has been available to me other than some new PA stuff and SV. I currently don't have half of the nitain I need for vauban p. I just don't see it that often when I'm on now. Not having enough is definitely my fault though. Most of us that don't have enough, don't due to us not always getting it because we don't need it right away. 

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

11 minutes ago, SHADOW666WESKER said:

Why is people still complaining about nitain? i haven't play that much recently and i had 27 nitain on my inventory, i work almost all day (6am to 9pm) and i still get nitain alerts some times, i been collecting since it came out and i already have every weapon/frame that needs nitain (including Vauban Prime), its not that hard to get, even for me with my work and everything.

And? You aren't other people either. Just saying.

21 minutes ago, SHADOW666WESKER said:

Why is people still complaining about nitain? i haven't play that much recently and i had 27 nitain on my inventory, i work almost all day (6am to 9pm) and i still get nitain alerts some times, i been collecting since it came out and i already have every weapon/frame that needs nitain (including Vauban Prime), its not that hard to get, even for me with my work and everything.

Because this is the warframe community.  We have to have SOMETHING to complain about...

I haven't been playing all that long, I've got about 30 nitran extracts. I'm in no rush.  I work, and make good money, so I could buy anything that DE provides if I wanted it that bad. I am rank 7. Rank 8 still eludes me.

I would also like to point out a few things:

Warframe is F2P, so many people can try it out and find it's not their kind of game and just leave it at that. I've got quite a few other F2P games I did the exact same thing. Even on paid games like Portal 2 (with a 98% approval rating) it shows that only 70% of players made it past the tutorial going by the achievements.

According to those same Steam Achievement statistics, 1.5% of the community has made it to MR 30.

Nitain has already been around a while (almost 6 months or 26 weeks). I've seen many people commenting that they usually can only get 2-3 a week. If you averaged 3 Nitain a week (out of 28 max), you'd still have enough to build everything that requires it (74) unless you were also a heavy Clan Research Donator.

So, the the total ammount of Nitain required to build everything it is needed for is 74.

I've built everything, except Vauban (still farming parts), and I have 83 Nitain chilling in my inventory. And I'm playing like half-an-hour to hour a day, and doing Nitain alerts only when I feel like to.

So what's the problem again?

The grind is only bad if you mistakenly believed Warframe  was an interesting sci-fi shooter. In truth the grind is perfectly  okay if you realize what Warframe actually is. A Facebook  or smartphone type clicker game. Where the actual interesting parts of the game like the combat mechanics is a distant backseat to repeative grinding. And will only remain as a remainder of the potential warframe had. Had the actual gameplay not been about using  cheese tactics and repeating same levels for gazillion times.

4 hours ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

This is not a rant post (or maybe a bit, but nothing angry for sure), id just like to point out something about the Nitain and all that mechanics DE gave us in the last year and that no one likes i guess, no need to watch the video, just take a look to the duration of it,  about 13 minutes and it shows a poor Tenno with 4,500 hrs spent ingame in need of something.. the Nitain Extract. yes Sir this is the news, we all equal in the sight of Nitain, we all broke and we all need (a lot of) it.

This is the list of items that need it as requirement to craft, pretty huge since they gave us Nitain a few months ago, it seems about the 60% of items that came out need it

Blueprints Requiring Nitain ExtractEdit

Click to view the Blueprints requiring Nitain Extract
Blueprint 

Type 

Quantity 

Total                                                                                    74 (+17) 74 (+17)
Broken-War Melee 5
Destreza Melee 5
Inaros Helmet Component 2
Ivara Chassis Component 4
Ivara Systems Component 5
Ivara Loxley Helmet Cosmetic 1
Nezha Circa Helmet Cosmetic 5
Sands of Inaros Quest 1
Saryn Prime Chassis Component 3
Saryn Prime Systems Component 3
Scimitar Fuselage Component 4
Staticor (Research) Secondary 3 (1)
Sydon (Research) Melee 0 (5)
Vauban Prime Blueprint Blueprint 5
Vauban Prime Chassis Component 5
Vauban Prime Helmet Component 5
Vauban Prime Systems Component 5
War Melee 5
Wukong Blueprint (Research) Blueprint 0 (5)
Wukong Chassis (Research) Component 4 (3)
Wukong Helmet (Research) Component 2 (1)
Wukong Systems (Research) Component 0 (2)
Zhuge Primary 2

Then i came on the Forum and i read this:

Where s the fun behind the Nitain? A game should be fun and give good time to the people that plays it and honestly i realized that in the last year and an half Warframe turned more and more again to an huge XP grind (focus, syndacates, pvp, simaris) then they gave us the Ducats (every time we visit Baro we thro out hours and hours we spent farming first and then playing keys just to get a Primed mod we ll go to max later on using 528 rare 5 cores and about 1,7 million credits, just saying) and now the Nitain, so basically people is encouraged in playing more and more again just to get XP and Ducats and then wait the daily time wall to get the Nitain Extract anyone need.

Fresh players are stucked even more and the trading is just a race to milk the fresh players selling them something ''exclusive'' thats ingame no more..

Buy my shiny Ember for 600p dear Tenno, is ingame no more! (but dont tell them that we long time players was used to sell that parts for credits back in the days)

Well, actually when i hear people talk about Warframe the most used words are ''if'' and ''but''

Warframe would be the best game IF.. Warframe is great BUT..

Maybe at DE they should think a bit about the fact we are all here to get fun and some time walls and pointless grind are burning out from the game more people than expected. still is not too late, the community is alive and kicking and this post just shows that i (we) still care.

Reveal hidden contents

Im not natural english of course.. i just did my best ^^

What's new?DE wants us to waste our time. Just like how cigarettes are addictive and deadly and all the companies care about is that you're addicted and buying their product. same thing here, DE drew us in with high hopes of fun. we like the fun so we meet the new needs for fun, nitain. and now if you want any fun at all you need nitain which takes hours of your time. DE wants you to spend hours of your time on warframe.

Just now, Hunter7773 said:

What's new?DE wants us to waste our time. Just like how cigarettes are addictive and deadly and all the companies care about is that you're addicted and buying their product. same thing here, DE drew us in with high hopes of fun. we like the fun so we meet the new needs for fun, nitain. and now if you want any fun at all you need nitain which takes hours of your time. DE wants you to spend hours of your time on warframe.

you mean it's something called "marketing for a free to play game".  Increase grind = more desire to buy x...... seems a little extreme there ^

Just now, Firefly0037 said:

you mean it's something called "marketing for a free to play game".  Increase grind = more desire to buy x...... seems a little extreme there ^

lol, maybe a little extreme but yes you got the idea. And there's nothing wrong with exaggerations

13 minutes ago, ninjacat2015 said:

In truth the grind is perfectly  okay if you realize what Warframe actually is. A Facebook  or smartphone type clicker game.

WF IS a hybrid MMORPG, but heavily tuned for consoles. WoW eats 2GB of memory, WF usually is under 1GB, meaning it's for consoles (comes complete with the auto-aim for them in melee, too). So for PC players it does feel strange (especially seeing the heavy texture compression ... to fit on consoles, and the need for those menus that's tuned, again for consoles [with a mobile button for ease of navigation, when PC users look for ESC to open/close], and not the responsiveness PC gamers are used too).

But the game plays very much like a RPG, including the grind (which isn't as bad as it used to be in RPGs ... oh, it was MUCH worse!).

14 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

WF IS a hybrid MMORPG, but heavily tuned for consoles. WoW eats 2GB of memory, WF usually is under 1GB, meaning it's for consoles (comes complete with the auto-aim for them in melee, too). So for PC players it does feel strange (especially seeing the heavy texture compression ... to fit on consoles, and the need for those menus that's tuned, again for consoles [with a mobile button for ease of navigation, when PC users look for ESC to open/close], and not the responsiveness PC gamers are used too).

But the game plays very much like a RPG, including the grind (which isn't as bad as it used to be in RPGs ... oh, it was MUCH worse!).

Interesting you say all this because the PC controller settings don't have very good mapping and you'd think it'd be really well mapped considering consoles use controllers. they should fix that.

3 minutes ago, Hunter7773 said:

Interesting you say all this because the PC controller settings don't have very good mapping and you'd think it'd be really well mapped considering consoles use controllers. they should fix that.

It's not fluid. Hit the "F" key to to cycle to the secondary weapon, and it's like fighting the keyboard. In WoW, keys and mouse clicks the action is instant. Like I'm fighting a hidden menu (like those Flash menus have). Not very responsive to touch, and I find myself having that "claw" position over the keys to MAKE the key presses work (it hurts the hand bad over the night). Where in WoW it's like touch typing, smooth. It REALLY gets bad in group fights, so I wonder if optimization is starving the controls (in WoW you can turn on hardware controls which increases response time but with higher memory, which is what I use).

16 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

It's not fluid. Hit the "F" key to to cycle to the secondary weapon, and it's like fighting the keyboard. In WoW, keys and mouse clicks the action is instant. Like I'm fighting a hidden menu (like those Flash menus have). Not very responsive to touch

You know that there is a defined holster and unholster time? And there is a aura mod made to make it twice as fast and makes it more responsive. Its a tactical gap you have to plan for much like reloading despite being extremely small. WoW is not a shooter. Although I would agree that a single low power aura is pitiful being the only option we have with no other utility mod.

As for OP. that list can be condensed to a dozen items as its restating parts of a singular item. What doesn't take nitain to create? Hundreds of items. You build up nitain over time, just like all other resources. you just have to look at alerts once in awhile. I've gotten 3 this evening. New players likely don't even encounter something that requires nitain before they may leave, there are a million other things to overwhelm them.

Edited by Firetempest

8 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

You know that there is a defined holster and unholster time? And there is a aura mod made to make it twice as fast and makes it more responsive. Its a tactical gap you have to plan for much like reloading despite being extremely small. WoW is not a shooter. Although I would agree that a single low power aura is pitiful being the only option we have with no other utility mod.

As for OP. that list can be condensed to a dozen items as its restating parts of a singular item. What doesn't take nitain to create? Hundreds of items. You build up nitain over time, just like all other resources. you just have to look at alerts once in awhile. I've gotten 3 this evening. New players likely don't even encounter something that requires nitain before they may leave, there are a million other things to overwhelm them.

It's not holstering, it's even responding. It simply refuses to go from one stance to another. So "F" key press doesn't stop to holster or unholster, it doesn't respond at all (and if it does it take likes 3 key hits to get to the next animation. It's much worse in groups with a lot of activity [like particle effects]). Takes hard keypresses to get a response, like communication to the server is lagging.

Feels like raiding in WoW with 500ms pings in the day.

The " I want it and I want it now " mentality is worst than cancer for this generation.

First of all, new players AREN'T suppose to be looking at nitain and oxium AT ALL.

When I started this game I never once look at prime items in the first month, I just grind myself mods and work my way off my missions and planet navs.

Then I started my own dojo which to this day I built everything including all the research (fully researched) all by myself.

Those that are crying about nitain and oxium, get on my level before you complain. I'm more panic towards plastids and formas than any of those nitain.

Did I farm for oxium for Vauban? Yes. Did I use a double resource? No. How long did it took me to get 3k? Less than an hour. How did I do it? Study the spawning system and adapt to the best way to farm.

Nitain isn't even a complain, when you know there is no other way besides alerts you should stock up whenever you can, I too am being lazy and only go for short and quick ones. Not getting those when you have the chance or only getting them when you are in need of them is simply being stupid and irresponsible to yourself which you don't deserve to complain here.

Not to mention, I started last summer which isn't even a year yet, and I'm already well off in a lot of terms. I too have 12 hours duty days during the week.

Don't complain, look for a solution. DE will not remove Nitain, I'm sitting on another 20 nitain after I craft my Vauban Prime, and I'm only missing the Sydon and Scimtar on the list. The problem lies within the mirror, not DE. 

New player.

Oh a cool new vid! Vauban looks cool :) Oh, I can't get him :(

Oh a cool new Event! Oh, I can't run it without being carried :(

Oh a cool new weapon! Oh, I can't build it because I have to farm for it for a long time :(

There is not a problem with farming in itself, every game have it. But for new players all they see ia the new releases and the most popular and "only correcr" gear and mods and weapons.

Of course they want that too. Of course they will go to Draco so they can have the things the vets say are the must-haves.

Just saying.