Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Frame for a Pure Caster Build?

(XBOX)StR8 D1saSt3R

Question

I'm trying to have a frame for different things. Valk being my pure melee frame atm and now I'm looking for a pure caster frame kinda like a mage. When I use to play on PC I used Volt for this, now that I'm playing on the XBox One I have't picked him up since a bunch of new frames have been released. Any suggestions for a mage frame?

9 answers to this question

I think Frost plays a mage class quite well. Disregarding Snow Globe because I doubt that is what you're here for. His other 3 abilities are very spell-casty and are appropriately themed with their utility reflecting it.

Other than that, you could try Hydroid.

Ember, Equinox, and Saryn all kinda have that magey vibe. Saryn might be right up your alley if you're a fan of melee. 

The problem with the Mage class in Warframe is that you can't get away from using weapons, unless you're running really low level missions with Ember. So just bear that in mind. 

Edited by Gurpgork

Ember is a nice caster though it's hard to just keep World on Fire on and forget about all other abilities other than Accelerant.

Saryn is a DPS caster. She poisons enemies. Nuff said.

Volt with his rework might make a decent caster.

But if I had to put my foot down and make a decision on what caster you should go for its Nova. If you utilize Antimatter Drop she can be the most powerful caster in virtually any mission type. Basically you can slow enemies and nuke entire groups of enemies. 

A high-Efficiency & Range Frost spamming Ice Wave and Avalanche all over the place is a sight to behold.

Similar deal for Mag, freely tossing enemies around or holding them in place,
exploding their Shields (also Armor with the rework / update), negating ranged damage ... fun stuff.

Oberon isn't too shabby, either. You've got a nicely varied skillset,
from a long-range attack that can take a heavy out of the fight for a bit,
over a neat lil' infinite range Squad heal and status protection capabilities
to an AoE nuke that carries a multitude of CC features with it (and can fuel e.g. Equilibrium).

I'm assuming by Mage, you mean frames that deal damage via their abilities.

Nova - AMD fits the bill of a nuke and it scales well into lategame. She also has a massive slow, damage amplification, and decent mobility tool.

Saryn - pretty much the Venomancer of the game. Spores is her bread-and-butter skills that makes her scale into lategame. Toxic Lash also makes her decent for melee.

Equinox - Jack-of-all-trades done right. Maim is your nuke but requires CP since it deals Slash damage.