Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help on my Inaros build

8BitCardinal

Question

Okay so I just got Inaros and am deciding if he's worth the forma and potato or not. Whats holding me back the most would be his build. I watched videos and read some posts saying that Power Strength is mandatory on him. The way I see it is different.

Dessication: A good cc tool. Dmg is meh but with range and duration you can make the most out of it.

Devour: This is your "panic button" when something went horribly wrong Devour the nearest enemy and wait for your hp to refill or for backup to arrive. Its damage doesnt scale with Str so I dont think its good as a damager and I dont really care about the Sand Minions.

Sandstorm: I simply dislike this ability. It drains mp too fast. Building around it is a pain of "wasted forma and slots". Its range is meh and it slows you down. Might actually be good if you got surrounded when using Devour but I dont think building around this skill is worth it.

Scarab Swarm: Armor buff at the cost of hp. Good CC and Heal. Now I mainly use this skill as another form of cc and as a way to beef up. I dont think giving power str for the heal is worth it. At higher lvls the enemies will out dmg its heal and I dont think Inaros is meant to be a healer. 

The way I want to build Winaros is to increase the duration and the range mainly for Longer reach and duration for Dessication, Devour, and Scarab Swarm. And here's what Im planning to go for.

Aura: Corrosive Projection

Mods: Vitality, Steel Fiber, Overextended, Armored Agility, Rage, Streamline, Constitution, Continuity

Exilus: Handspring

*This is a 1 forma build and I dont have a maxed vitality and steel fiber. I also dont think I will max them

Is this a good build or is there something I can do to make it better? This is focused on spamming Dessication/Swarm to keep enemies dancing while I finish them off.

17 answers to this question

This is my build, i lowered the strength as much as i could so i don't kill things instantly and went with as much range as i could muster on him for better CC.

Remember to aim your Scarab Swarm at cluster of enemies for maximum life steal/ health regen/ healing.

GNt2yBl.jpg

Edited by Prinny13

25 minutes ago, 8BitCardinal said:

I watched videos and read some posts saying that Power Strength is mandatory on him. The way I see it is different.

Total and utter rubbish.

I'd remove armored agility and Constitution and replace them with Natural Talent and Fleeting expertise. Continuity provides enough bonus duration and being able to cast faster and cheaper is way more useful. Also you can switch out the Overextended for Stretch if you think that the healing from your 4th ability is not enough. Other than that, it looks like a solid build.

25 minutes ago, 8BitCardinal said:

The way I see it is different.

Congratulations you are one of the rare people who are able to think for themselves.

Edited by Zyrgi

I don't use anything special on Inaros, really. Balanced strength and duration, a bit more range, max efficiency. The rest is health, armor, and bleedout mods (Yes, bleedout mods. Using those will help a lot in higher level missions, where you might actually die)

@Prinny13 Mind if I ask what the Intensify is for? And I believe the Primed Flow is for Sandstorm, might I ask when/how do you use this ability?

@Zyrgi Thanks for the insight. I will keep Constitution and ditch Fleeting though. I play Inaros melee only (cuz he looks badass with a Nikana) and I dont think 5 secs duration on Dessication would be too friendly

1 minute ago, 8BitCardinal said:

Thanks for the insight. I will keep Constitution and ditch Fleeting though. I play Inaros melee only (cuz he looks badass with a Nikana) and I dont think 5 secs duration on Dessication would be too friendly

Even better reason to ditch the power strenght as you can regenerate more HP through Life Strike on finishers. Max efficiency enables you to cast Dessication as much as you want so the enemies you hadn't blinded can be blinded with another cast if you need. Furthermore, at max rank Dessication lasts for 8 seconds at base. Continuity extends it to 10 seconds, which should be enough.

So my build is similar to Prins only w/o the Rage or unformad exilus slot. Dont use Rage cause I have zenruik.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Inaros/t_30_4430220030_2-1-10-4-3-5-5-6-5-19-0-10-34-8-5-46-7-5-411-5-10-479-4-10-481-2-10-615-9-5_19-7-2-6-481-7-4-9-479-7-411-8-5-9-46-11-34-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-45

This build with the Steel FIber gives you tons of extra EHP. Also Vaykor Hek/Hek is probably the best possible weapon to use with him due to the health regen + armor buff. And in terms of Arcane I'd use Guardian + Grace. This build also lets your heals reach tons of range which is very helpful in the midst of fighting if you're kinda all over the place. I dont use Rage mainly because I never use sandstorm much and if I do is for like 2-3 seconds for a tiny bit of CC. This ability doesnt kill much past like lv 30 so I kinda stay away from it. And outside of sandstorm the main ability I use is desiccation. It's his best form of CC and is very cheap to cast, and with max range you can CC a lot of enemies. As for Scarabs active ability Id kinda stay away from it unless you have a huge group of enemies clustered together cause outside of that it's very unreliable. And as for Devour I stay away from that ability altogether except in the case of being against a Bursa or w/e.

Edited by rawr1254

try this build

combined with a lifesteal meele weapon its just plain fun

not rly focused on abilits just survivability and it works surprisingly good

bevore u hate it cuz its not the meta give it a try and do a mission with this

48 minutes ago, 8BitCardinal said:

@Prinny13 Mind if I ask what the Intensify is for? And I believe the Primed Flow is for Sandstorm, might I ask when/how do you use this ability?

How about all abilities.

Desiccation, it can CC enemies that in front of you while life stealing (weak if you power strength is weak), can also blind enemies which open them up to melee finisher, melee finishers can restore 25% of your health.

Devour, you use it to restore health by aiming at an enemy (single target) and press 2, pressing 2 will tag that enemy, pressing 2 and holding it will pull that enemy to you, you can also use it to help teammate to restore their health when approach that enemy.

It also pin enemy in its location until the ability expires.

Sand Storm is a CC/ panic button in nutshell, but if you tagged an enemy with Devour it will restore your health when that tagged enemy within the range, it also can send enemies flying :D.

Scarab Swarm, its part armor and part AoE healing ability (using it at enemies consume 25% of the charge).

BTW range is a must on Inaros!! 

Also if you are too lazy to use abilities to get health back, then you can use Furis with its augment to life steal from enemies, but you have to forma it few times :

dmIDaoU.jpg

26 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

So my build is similar to Prins only w/o the Rage or unformad exilus slot.

Exilus is already have - polarity built into it by default.

Edited by Prinny13

CC is your best bet. When enemies are flailing with ants in their pants they are not a threat to anyone.

I usually go with a pretty basic build with some duration and efficiency and I have never had any problems with any mission. You can actually get pretty far without the potato, and just the base mods.

This is my usual build (potato and a forma (or two, can't remember right now):

Basic mods

Steel Fiber, Armoured Agility, Vitality.

These give you a lot of armour and enough HP to ensure survival in almost all situations.
Armoured Agility is a very useful NM mod which any tank frame should have. Easy to get and it pops up on alerts fairly often.

Rage
 - You have no shield so any hit you take tops up your energy. You have no excuse whatsoever to use Flow, you never need more than 150 base energy. Just get shot up to top up.

IntensifyConstitution/Primed Continuity), StreamlineStretch
  - These should give you enough Strength, Duration, Knockdown Recovery, Efficiency and Range without any major drawbacks.
I'd personally go for Constitution as that gives you 28% Power Duration (more than enough) and 40% Knockdown Recovery.

Exilus slot
  - Choice of Coaction/Cunning/Power/Speed Drift, depending on preference.
Aura STR/EFF, Mobility/Power Range, Power STR/Knockdown Resist or Sprint+Cast speed.
  - Handspring is also a viable option if you are happy with the abilities. Then you can swap Constitution for Primed Continuity if you want, but Constitution+Handspring makes Inaros "Neo" on steroids, backflipping all over the place and recovering almost instantly.

Aura:
  -Shield Disruption or Corrosive Projection, depending on enemy type. Anything but Energy SiphonDo NOT, I repeat, do NOT use Energy Siphon! You have Rage!

This build makes you quite fast moving and tanky frame and allows you to spam Desiccate, Devour and Scarab Swarm almost to your hearts content, as long as you can control the damage you take. But you have absolutely amazing CC abilities to control it. If you play this frame right, you are almost unkillable unless you have an absolutely colossal sh*t-for-brains moment and do something really stupid. :P

Please take note that this is just a generic template concentrating on survival, CC and outlasting the enemy, not dealing massive amounts of damage.. Modify it how you like.

How to use:

Desiccate:
If you need to heal up, throw some sand in the eyes of the enemies (Desiccate) and do some melee finishers with a melee weapon with maxed Finishing Touch and you should be full in a couple of easy kills (Best way to kill heavy enemies in the "end-game" IMO, can be repeated until enemy dies).

Devour:
It can be used for quick healing up when you are not facing many enemies, or it can be used to give you a temporary invulnerability in a pinch until help can arrive. Perfect for single-target CC. Also makes it a free heal station to the whole team. The great thing about the ability is that It also stops those pesky Bursas dead in their tracks once you cast it on them!
P.S. Sand Minions need a serious duration buff! ;)

Sandstorm:
Is a song by Darude Is not actually not quite as useless as they claim. It gives you a fairly nice damage reduction, and Rage will keep it fueled as long as you are taking some damage from the enemy. Can be used to mass CC and reducing incoming damage when you need it. And together with Devoured targets it will heal you.

Scarab Swarm:
The ultimate tool to lock down and to stop massive groups of enemies. Throw one at a strong enemy in a choke-point such as a narrow passage or a doorway, but don't kill the target (it is like a totem in that respect). Everything that wanders in the range will be CC'd, and you can wander into the scarab field for quick health top-up. With rage you can stand in the middle of a Swarmed group and face-tank everything that is shooting at you from range.

An example about that below.

Spoiler

I have tried "Scarab Tanking" with Second Dream quest and the Stalker could not kill me, I didn't know what I was meant to do so I tanked him for something like 20 minutes (with some dodging, evading and using my abilities to stay healed up) until I got bored and aborted the mission :P
I also did this with the lvl 100 Sortie Lephantis with an unpotatoed Inaros. And Lephantis's second phase literally could not kill me as I stood on a platform right in front of him with some swarmed runners, chargers and leapers around me. Guess who put a potato on the Inaros after that mission?

Edit: Now that I look at my build I noticed it is very similar to the OPs build. I must be doing something right :D

Edited by SoanoS

28 minutes ago, Weidro said:

try this build

combined with a lifesteal meele weapon its just plain fun

not rly focused on abilits just survivability and it works surprisingly good

bevore u hate it cuz its not the meta give it a try and do a mission with this

wow, this is very interesting!

I was thinking about a pure tank build where you only use energy for channeling melee attacks. I have a question about your build:

how good is the energy management? can you channel every single attack without rage? (i would drop rapid resilience for it)

3 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

wow, this is very interesting!

I was thinking about a pure tank build where you only use energy for channeling melee attacks. I have a question about your build:

how good is the energy management? can you channel every single attack without rage? (i would drop rapid resilience for it)

i dont have any porblems with the energy management but i have to admit that im using zenurik but since u dont rly use abilitys with this build it should be fine

rapid resilience is what makes u rly tanky so id rather drop rush and move power drift to the exilus slot

oh and the other build im still testing is this one it offers even more survivability if u have a few energy pizzas to spare or have a trinity in ur team

Thanks for all the recommendations. I think I will potato and exilus my Winaros.

Do note that I like to play Melee only. The only 3 main weaps I have is Dread, Tonkor, and Hek. And only one of them is potatoed and formad. As for secondaries...... lets just say I made it through the game w/o touching my 2ndary. I have a Hikou and Lex Prime just for the lelz. Im currently using B-War, D-Nikana, Destreza with Blood Rush, Body Count, Berserker.

I think I'll go with this build for now http://goo.gl/a1ZJWD (I dont have maxed out Vitality and Steel Fiber, I dont have Corrosive Projection yet, I dont like getting juggled by balls/ancients/ugly women with a dagger/getting kicked by moas, and I dont think I will need a larger energy pool. Charging in with D-Nikana/Life Strike seems to be doing well for survivability)

Try something different:

Aura: Depends on u

Exilus: Maglev

Rage, Vitality, Vigor, P. Continuity, P. Flow, Overextended, Stretch, maxed Blind Rage

Any Dagger (I use Karyst), this build is still in progress, but atm:

Covert Lethality, BR+BC, Maiming strike, Berserker, Fury, Quickening, Life Strike

Arcane Strike and/or Trickery

No Zenurik