Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Vernoc

x-post from /r/warframe:

Playing around with the reworked nerfed Mag, I had a couple suggestions for DE that would bring back some actual use for her.

1) For the love of all that is holy, make Polarize scale again. It's painful to use now when anything over LV30 doesn't lose a significant amount of shields.

2) Mag should have magnetic procs. Maybe can replace the scaling on polarize?

3) Make Polarize's absolute damage be dealt on the radial explosion to keep things from getting too out of hand in tems of power.

Now that that's out of the way, some props to DE

1) Sounds - wow... they're great. 

2) Expanding radius on Polarize - Not terrible to use. Don't mind it one bit, except for the limiting of modding, which was probably the point.

3) Shrapnel - cool idea, still need to play with it some more.

In conclusion, Mag was op, but now she's useless in any serious content. Scaling really needs to be brought back for Polarize in one form or another in order for her to be viable.

not even for corpus she is good now, yeah you can use her, like i use banshee in high lvl hide with naramon, but there is not real place for her, heheh sad to see her i such a bad place with her good looking skins around (that btw i hate steam thing)

mags magnetize has dumb interactions with other warframe abilities e.g. vaubans vortex and bastille, etc...

also, it's more difficult now(if not a nightmare) to mod her to focus on certain builds... better remove mag as a starter frame cuz she's now too advanced for noobs. kek.

Went in and tested it on the Alert (Venus). Duration build now. Using the Sonicor that is built to take down Corpus shields (maxed mods).

Level 15-20.

By the 5th wave, dead -- STANDING ON A HEALTH PAD EVEN -- because this Shield Polarize isn't anything like it was, not even in function, and I wasn't going to waste an energy "tax" pad when every Osprey dumping bombs and all is going to kill Mag...again...now with Corpus.

Mothballing her frame. No longer burst. Duration and some weird CC build (I can't see what now since it's all blue particles) ... and still can't survive.

13 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

so how is mag weak again?

This is such a specific build and requires a particular weapon, in this case the lanka, to achieve its functionality. A frame should not be functional with only a very limited weapon/ playstyle set. In addition this is only single target within a particular radius and changing the targets and location is cumbersome. Warframe has too many enemies to focus on just a few and spend so much effort on those few.

Just now, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

This is such a specific build and requires a particular weapon, in this case the lanka, to achieve its functionality. A frame should not be functional with only a very limited weapon/ playstyle set. In addition this is only single target within a particular radius and changing the targets and location is cumbersome. Warframe has too many enemies to focus on just a few and spend so much effort on those few.

Cough* Ivara cough* mesa?

1 minute ago, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

you can do it with any gun acauly read the thread

Edited by hazerddex

1 minute ago, Lazarous_Schmidt said:

I don't know if anyone's even commented or noticed this, but polarize rips armor... seriously they have no armor after being hit by it. It's quite useful, even if it's not the shield exploder it used to be.

It doesn't on higher end units. Butchers have very small absolute armor values, so an absolute armor value removing removes their armor. heavy gunners and bombards meanwhile has tonnes of armor to spare

Just now, Michelozzo said:

It doesn't on higher end units. Butchers have very small absolute armor values, so an absolute armor value removing removes their armor. heavy gunners and bombards meanwhile has tonnes of armor to spare

Ah I've just been testing her on Draco atm.

3 hours ago, Redskull94 said:

First of all Shield Transference is just straight up broken as augment, this especially compared with the Shield Overload of Volt, 

I agree it would be pretty cool if it can some how scale with enemy HP to increase mag shield gain.

I tried using mag on a grineer map I do love the armor reduction however it needs constant recasting of polaize to save her life.

I just tested her on an alert.

Seems like her core ability has switched to magnetized,  as they can serve as a defense /offence points and damage any enemies that stepped in. However, it was a low level mission so I don't know how is it doing in high levels.

It seems like now she needs to use much more abilities to perform and I wonder why she still has only 150 energy pool because she is totally not a endurer and requires a lot of ability-use to stay alive.

47 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Went in and tested it on the Alert (Venus). Duration build now. Using the Sonicor that is built to take down Corpus shields (maxed mods).

Level 15-20.

By the 5th wave, dead -- STANDING ON A HEALTH PAD EVEN -- because this Shield Polarize isn't anything like it was, not even in function, and I wasn't going to waste an energy "tax" pad when every Osprey dumping bombs and all is going to kill Mag...again...now with Corpus.

Mothballing her frame. No longer burst. Duration and some weird CC build (I can't see what now since it's all blue particles) ... and still can't survive.

Oh look. Someone that can't use their guns at all. Seriously- if you died to level 15-20 enemies it's because you never learned to do anything but press 2, not because mag is bad. She's OP as hell now. Wait for the ACTUAL nerf, because she got nothing but buffs.

20 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Cough* Ivara cough* mesa?

Are Ivara and Mesa starter frames?

This is a complete change to the point, Mag simply doesn't play anything like she once did. This isn't even a nerf in that sense, it completely changes her identity.

Burst DPS to some weird DPS/CC build.

A different class now. Like trying to get an Arcane Mage to love playing a Feral Druid.

I think this is one of the worst design changes I've seen in WF, Mag was at the very least a dedicated warframe for a specific faction and although stilted, at least she had her uses in niche situations, now, as it stands, all she is with her magnetize ability is a worse Vauban, that dies more quickly, and only has a worse version of bastille , instead of all the other useful CC options that Vauban has

She eats up energy, gets killed incredibly quickly, and 3 of her abilities are almost pointless in anything higher that Mercury, Armour stripping doesn't matter if it doesn't scale to the levels where armour levels actually start to really hinder your damage output, same can be said with corpus shields. Polarize needs to be buffed and it's clear that if it doesn't scale with enemies, she'll be tossed aside for any one of the infinitely more useful and versatile warframes than her, such as Vauban, who I think currently she's competing with directly now

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Just adding my practical experiences into the equation since the couple of hours we deployed.

Did Sortie 1 with a random group on Public matchmaking:

PcFvRnb.jpg

Group composition was Atlas, Volt, Excal, and me as Mag Prime with a Strength/Range build.

More playing to follow, but she still holds her own and then some in this mission example.

Please try it on Sortie 2 and 3, instead.  For some reason Sortie 1 seemed to have unusually squishy enemies today.  Didn't see a single nullifier or sapper, and the person I ran it with commented that even the bursas that appeared at the very end felt super wimpy compared to the norm.  Sortie 2 and 3 felt more normal in group composition, though.

3 minutes ago, Viking3206 said:

I think this is one of the worst design changes I've seen in WF, Mag was at the very least a dedicated warframe for a specific faction and although stilted, at least she had her uses in niche situations, now, as it stands, all she is with her magnetize ability is a worse Vauban, that dies more quickly, and only has a worse version of bastille , instead of all the other useful CC options that Vauban has

She eats up energy, gets killed incredibly quickly, and 3 of her abilities are almost pointless in anything higher that Mercury, Armour stripping doesn't matter if it doesn't scale to the levels where armour levels actually start to really hinder your damage output, same can be said with corpus shields. Polarize needs to be buffed and it's clear that if it doesn't scale with enemies, she'll be tossed aside for any one of the infinitely more useful and versatile warframes than her, such as Vauban, who I think currently she's competing with directly now

Another thing to add to this, vauban can also strip all armor with a 250% PS build and still be quite effective. So yet another reason she is overshadowed.

Edited by Kurayami_No_Yenshi

4 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Are Ivara and Mesa starter frames?

This is a complete change to the point, Mag simply doesn't play anything like she once did. This isn't even a nerf in that sense, it completely changes her identity.

Burst DPS to some weird DPS/CC build.

A different class now. Like trying to get an Arcane Mage to love playing a Feral Druid.

So noobs only can understand nuke frames that do all the work for them? Also magnetize can reach very high numbers with any weapon.

3 minutes ago, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

Another thing to add to this, vauban can also strip all armor with a 250% PS build and still be quite effective.

Don't even get me started on how horrible her Ult is still, it's one of the slowest casts in the game for literally no payoff besides a weak flat damage AoE, with no other utility than to do something you can do with a Plethora of Weapons, more efficiently without using energy, and in less time than her Ult does, without being a sitting duck to be nuked by heavy gunners or bombards or whatever

Edited by Viking3206

3 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Oh look. Someone that can't use their guns at all. Seriously- if you died to level 15-20 enemies it's because you never learned to do anything but press 2, not because mag is bad. She's OP as hell now. Wait for the ACTUAL nerf, because she got nothing but buffs.

lololol

I went in especially to test her against Corpus (and no I don't use #2 all the time, either. I use the Tonkor or Amprex much more).

But it shows that Shield Polarize doesn't scale any better than armor scaling ... and she still dies.