Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Vernoc

Just now, Kanlor said:

Honestly this mag rework is fine if ppl got rid of this dmg is everything mentallity

even the CC aspect is easily replaceable by other things. for armor strip 4 cp isnt hard to get. for normal cc her range isnt great.

1 minute ago, Multicom-EN- said:

So Mag can now completely strip armor in one cast with the proper build, but she sucks vs Corpus. Ok................

That's not even it.

Shield Polarize has become her signature ability, the one ability that defines who Mag is.

Other abilities are part of her kit, but that's not what players know her for, nor will they trade her for a Trinity ... even if she was nerfed to 50% damage mitigation.

She doesn't have something -- that one GOOD nuke -- for all the negatives (like dying a lot).

It's a "meh" change, but if this is what her build will be, she's going to be a bench warmer class.

I can do more with Loki and Trinity, and that's a shame as Mag's my favorite.

5 minutes ago, FelisImpurrator said:

STOP "TESTING" ON LEVEL 125 SIMULACRUM ENEMIES AND CLAIMING IT'S UNDERPOWERED. IT IS NOT A REALISTIC SITUATION. STOP.

Level 125 enemies show up plenty in high level play. Sortie 3 defense/survival/excavations have them in droves later in the mission.

1 minute ago, Multicom-EN- said:

So Mag can now completely strip armor in one cast with the proper build, but she sucks vs Corpus. Ok................

I don't think Mag can strip armor in one go without castrating herself elsewhere. Blind range for power strength kills your efficiency, which means you need fleeting, which makes your shield polarize wave is incredibly slow unless you add in something like primed continuity...

2 minutes ago, Kanlor said:

Honestly this mag rework is fine if ppl got rid of this dmg is everything mentallity

I don't even think she has much utility now. Her CC is still massively subpar and her armor strip seems better on paper than it is in play, at least from my initial testing.

4 minutes ago, vindcare said:

You're joking right? Tell me what kind of enemies do we face in the 3rd sortie missions? T4 survivals past 60mins? You want to balance this game around the chart system, and people are waaaay past that and who can blame em? DE is pushing those high level missions onto us, or hiding S#&$ behind 5% drop chances. To effectively use your keys you have to use them the best you can.

Whatever.

The game stops being fun at the lv. 100 mark, so I see no reason why he isn't incorrect.

8 minutes ago, FelisImpurrator said:

STOP "TESTING" ON LEVEL 125 SIMULACRUM ENEMIES AND CLAIMING IT'S UNDERPOWERED. IT IS NOT A REALISTIC SITUATION. STOP.

Oh, that explains it. You don't want to have to fight the enemies, is where you're coming from. You don't want to be able to slot other auras, either.

Yes, now I understand what people expect when they rage about this rework.

Caps. This is unrealistic in 2016.

Have you ever see.... Sortie?

And i be kind to you and even not mention about endless mission. This can just kill you. If lvl 125 is unrealistic, i have no idea what you will say about 1500+.

But we have a daily missions with lvl100+ enemies.

5 minutes ago, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

even the CC aspect is easily replaceable by other things. for armor strip 4 cp isnt hard to get. for normal cc her range isnt great.

4cp but i could have so many diffrent auras instead nope i would rather us mag than waste a aura slot for cp also cp does not give you armor fragments to kill stuff with

Edited by hazerddex

2 minutes ago, -Vernoc- said:

for people which test it against lvl 125 enemies it is realistic cause we play much higher then just lv 125

I thought you were complaining about having to still fight enemies last post? I didn't know pressing one button to erase everything was playing.

2 minutes ago, vindcare said:

You're joking right? Tell me what kind of enemies do we face in the 3rd sortie missions? T4 survivals past 60mins? You want to balance this game around the chart system, and people are waaaay past that and who can blame em? DE is pushing those high level missions onto us, or hiding S#&$ behind 5% drop chances. To effectively use your keys you have to use them the best you can.

So... balance around maybe 5% of content, instead of perhaps considering that the content isn't balanced. That is how balance curves work, obviously. Riiiiiiight.

More importantly... I have 40+ T4 Survival, Defense, Interception keys. I have never needed to run to 60 minutes even once in this game, and even 40 minute runs make up below 5% of my total Void missions. And my RNG isn't exactly... amazing. I don't understand people's strange compulsion to do this. Do people want me to give them keys, perhaps? Even way back when I was farming the Ash BP and burned over a dozen T3 Defenses, I still had enough to get them off 20 wave runs where I was never compelled to employ mass enemy-wiping cheese methods to win...

Restoring people's shields is way more difficult with how mobile Tenno are and how slowly the polarize effect travels. If just the ally-affecting aspect of the ability could be instantaneous again it'd make supporting the team way more responsive. Not a fan of how weakened the effect is now either.

Edited by Variablemania
gramar correction

17 minutes ago, 45neo said:

Play vs higher level enemies

Again, that's not it.

If her prime nuke can't even kill level 12 outright ... who would call that a DPS frame?

Imagine all the other DPS frames having the same problem.

Then, what's the point of gearing out even???

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

2 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Whatever.

The game stops being fun at the lv. 100 mark, so I see no reason why he isn't incorrect.

I can 1 shot enemies <100.The real fun for me when you're starting having problems.
But that's me, if you enjoy this kind of gameplay that's fine.

1 minute ago, hazerddex said:

4cp but i could have so many diffrent auras instead nope i would rather us mag than was a aura slot for cp also cp does not give you armor fragments to kill stuff with

You still have to cast it like 4x times to completely remove armor. Considering you can't build her pure efficiency(FE debuff to duration) your energy will go down super fast.

1 minute ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

Because we currently have content including an entire frame and the focus system broadly locked behind sorties.

Have yet to see anyone really prove that Mag can't work in sorties.

Also, to the person talking about 1500+ level enemies, as if that's realistic or practical as a consideration: I'm just going to leave this physics concept here in the hopes that it might illustrate the point I'm trying to make about game balance and scaling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_hot

19 minutes ago, FelisImpurrator said:

Oh, that explains it. You don't want to have to fight the enemies, is where you're coming from. You don't want to be able to slot other auras, either.

Yes, now I understand what people expect when they rage about this rework.

You're telling me you'd use something else in a high level void run?

I've tested mag against Level 12 corpus and it failed badly.

Ok Mag is definitely AMAZING.Only problem is Magnetize. What happens with Magnetize is the bullets fly around in the center(looks cool) BUT what happens is the bullets get buffed and if you want to use it as cover then too bad cause they instantly kill you and or your companion. I believe the bullets should either pass through mag/companions/allies or just deal 0 damage. This ability should be used as a kind of safe zone to stand (like it was before) but instead I have no real ability to protect myself when needing to revive someone.

Edited by rawr1254

Just now, FelisImpurrator said:

Have yet to see anyone really prove that Mag can't work in sorties.

I have yet to see anyone prove that she can work in sorties.

From my own experience attempting to use her in the moa uprising alert, she has major problems killing even very low level corpus. When you combine this with the fact that she generally has poor CC, it certainly seems like this rework ended up meganerfing her.

Just now, Latiac said:

That's the feedback Mag players needed,

That's the feedback players needed to learn that Mag's a bench class. -_-

That's the feedback DE needs to SCALE better.

A max modded/geared Mag should destroy Corpus with one shot upto level 15, before hitting the next tier of difficulty. From there every 5 levels up for Mag, the damage decreases.

That balances "challenge" with ease (not frustration), and a player can feel the difficulty scaling appropriately.

Frames shouldn't be enjoyable, and then end with frustration with being DEAD as the only real indicator "it's tough now!".

4 hours ago, Raniu said:

Press 2 to kill a single high level enemy.

You're welcome.

Anyway, I like the new reworked Mag. She's so much fun <3

Okay, she doesn't "press 2 to win" anymore, but hey, that's balance. She's actually useful against the Grineer and the corrupted now reducing their armour permanently.

Her passive is not much of a use though. The range is too small.

I hoped for some Crush changes. Mag's has the potential to have an amazing fourth ability. But Crush is really disappointing :(

I disagree, her damage wont scale and using her as 4x cp is not fun. Plujs, 1 or 2 bullets willbe all it takes to gun down a mag in lvls such as 150

2 minutes ago, Latiac said:

You're telling me you'd use something else in a high level void run?

Something else besides what? I don't see the need to play at the completely arbitrary line in the sand of, say, 60 minutes T4 Survival. At all.

Also, can people actually get their complaints straight? Some people here claim 'I can't even kill level 12 enemies' and others claim 'well level 40s die but level 125s don't get scratched'... if this were any sort of scientific testing none of the results would be conclusive enough to mean anything.

5 minutes ago, FelisImpurrator said:

I thought you were complaining about having to still fight enemies last post? I didn't know pressing one button to erase everything was playing.

So... balance around maybe 5% of content, instead of perhaps considering that the content isn't balanced. That is how balance curves work, obviously. Riiiiiiight.

More importantly... I have 40+ T4 Survival, Defense, Interception keys. I have never needed to run to 60 minutes even once in this game, and even 40 minute runs make up below 5% of my total Void missions. And my RNG isn't exactly... amazing. I don't understand people's strange compulsion to do this. Do people want me to give them keys, perhaps? Even way back when I was farming the Ash BP and burned over a dozen T3 Defenses, I still had enough to get them off 20 wave runs where I was never compelled to employ mass enemy-wiping cheese methods to win...

So what? You want to lock that 5% content behind a bigger wall? Do tell me how this sort of rework is in any way balancing the current content when you have other frames dealing way more flat dmg and they keep getting buffed?(Ash, I'm looking at you) Hell even the syndicate weapons totally wreck the starchart. Unless we see a big change in the overall system, reworks like these only put another frame on the gimmick chart for the time being.

Just now, FelisImpurrator said:

Something else besides what? I don't see the need to play at the completely arbitrary line in the sand of, say, 60 minutes T4 Survival. At all.

Also, can people actually get their complaints straight? Some people here claim 'I can't even kill level 12 enemies' and others claim 'well level 40s die but level 125s don't get scratched'... if this were any sort of scientific testing none of the results would be conclusive enough to mean anything.

60 min T4S is an excellent cutoff point because it gives you three tries at rotation C. With DE's tendency to lock the best parts behind rotation C and at 5% drop chance even then, an hour is a decent baseline from the perspective of grind mitigation. Which, lets be honest, is roughly half the meta.

And scientific testing? Lol, dude, there's been no time to rigorously test anything. It's been, what, three hours since the changes hit? Right now you've got everyone's first impressions.

Just adding my practical experiences into the equation since the couple of hours we deployed.

Did Sortie 1 with a random group on Public matchmaking:

PcFvRnb.jpg

Group composition was Atlas, Volt, Excal, and me as Mag Prime with a Strength/Range build.

More playing to follow, but she still holds her own and then some in this mission example.