Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Revisions Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, Rehtael7 said:

Again, Valkyr shares her armor buff and melee attack speed in one extendable ability.

Which is equal to quite a few other frames that have either 1 or combined buffs apart of their 4 ability.

But if that is the combo fault, revert Hysteria and remove the buffs (make it just a aoe stun/fear/root), fixed.

War Cry DOESN NOT share Valkyr's armor, it gives an armor buff to teammates based on their own armor, making the ability only useful on high armor frames....

If it actually shared her armor that would be freaking awesome.

Edited by D20
Made it a bit more clean.

21 minutes ago, Momo93 said:

I don't know which one of you is drunk but War Cry DOESN NOT share Valkyr's armor, it gives an armor buff to teammates based on their own armor, making the ability only useful on high armor frames....

If it actually shared her armor that would be freaking awesome.

Oops, i forgot to mention this earlier. But aside from rolling that Paralysis stun into Warcry this is the one other thing they need to look at in order to give the power some real team utility.

I don't know if just giving the same bonues Valkyr gives herself is the right solution. Around 80% of 1500+ armour with max Steel Fiber, Armoured Agility and Intensify would be just nuts on a lot of the squishy frames (1200 more armour all around!), but yeah, it shouldn't be based the utterly useless starting armour of 15-65 that a lot them have. Completely pointless buff with values that low. This should also be addressed for sure.

Just now, (XB1)iDEATH said:

Oops, i forgot to mention this earlier. But aside from rolling that Paralysis stun into Warcry this is the one other thing they need to look at in order to give the power some real team utility.

I don't know if just giving the same bonues Valkyr gives herself is the right solution. Around 80% of 1500+ armour with max Steel Fiber, Armoured Agility and Intensify would be just nuts on a lot of the squishy frames (1200 more armour all around!), but yeah, it shouldn't be based the utterly useless starting armour of 15-65 that a lot them have. Completely pointless buff with values that low. This should also be addressed for sure.

Well, if she shared armor with the current scaling then againts lvl 100 enemies 1500 wouldn't help that much even on squishy frames but it would be better than nothing.

On May 27, 2016 at 0:17 AM, Burnthesteak87 said:

The change has been made to stop Immortality abuse and permanent Immortality.
I'm fine with this and it's a good point.

For what I tested, I can say that the Energy cap just stops the player from abusing Channeling and eventually reduces Hysteria duration to a reasonable amount of time.
It's probably going to clash really hard with Energy Drain mechanics and Parasitic Eximi,

The energy Drain over time is smooth, it doesn't really pose a threat for the player.
I feel it's just an expedient to justify the neat duration reduction of Hysteria. Nothing more nothing less.

About Hysteria Damage Deterrent:
If Hysteria ends for whatever reason, the damage you sustain is ridicle, it wouldn't harm anybody.
Plus the player can avoid that damage by staying out of enemy sight line, intentionally ending Hysteria or moving away from the fight and then ending it.
There's too much control in the hands of the player.
Still people complain. Ok...

Another point: with the high Armor Valkyr has and Rage you can get in Hysteria just a second after it ends cause the Energy's gonna get refilled in a blink of an eye.

I'd say it's been a step in the right direction, but once again a show of poor design choice.
You can nerf something and still make it feel funny and entertaining.
This change seems to be lazy and rushed.

Remove immortality, plain and simple... If immortality is the actual problem here then remove it. Make it so where she spends 100 energy to cast the ability and sacrifice health over time, each time u get a kill u get some of ur health back, she doesn't take damage from enemy fire cuz she's already sacrificing her health in exchange for power

Basically, as long as u keep killing u'll stay alive, stop and you're dead

Considering she doesn't have too much range this is basically a "run for your life" scenario 

And yea the dmg u take when exiting hysteria can be harmful... It 1 hit killed me in endless rathum... I'd say ur not that much of a valk player, so please leave the criticism to those who made valk a main frame, and if u are, my apologies u don't sound like a valk player

More importantly, she didn't need this nerf, considering her drop rate in hysteria was already reduced and that u had to run around like an idiot to get kills

EDIT: Also if immortality is that much of an issue, what of building Inaros purely for health and armor then grab a high dmg dealing melee weap put life strike and some chanelling efficiency mods, use dmg mods on the free slots and bam... Immortality mode... Surely ull take dmg but by the time u finish the mission the enemies didn't get u nowhere near death

Edited by (PS4)lisuarte_freitas

I really dislike the new visual effect indicating the damage range for enemies and I honestly don't understand why she was changed at all. She was already barely stronger than a good melee weapon + Naramon because of the Shadow Debt mods tbh, this nerf makes no sense to me. You can go just as long in endless with any frame + a decent melee solo (and longer with some others for that matter), thematically it doesn't really make more sense, if anything they should have changed it do be invulnerable + sizable health drain to make you kill continuously to keep it up.

It was bad enough when they changed toggles to be affected by energy leech mechanics, this was just unnecessary. For background reference, I've gone 2.5-3hrs with her in and out of Hysteria solo and in groups, as well several other frames pre and post focus, she was by far the most active way to do so. This nerf doesn't prevent me from continuing to do so, it just made it less enjoyable.

EDIT: Decided to use my Hysteria build for a bit tonight, previous uses were just quick toggles for free life strike while leveling melee weapons. I'm now convinced that's all the ability is good for anymore. If you want a tankier-while-invisible frame to melee with, use Valkyr. Otherwise, better off with just about anything else. Other frames have more reliable ways to proc finishers, Ripline was always kind of a joke and Hysteria is pretty much unusable at this point. I got sick of looking at the visual effect less than five minutes into my run and coming out of Hysteria every minute for energy on top of the visual effect turned me off from using it at all.

I stand by my suggestion that it should provide invulnerability, get rid of the range indication and energy drain entirely and make it drain health steadily instead, so you have to constantly kill with it to maintain. In the meantime, I'm guess I'll go forma off my Hysteria build.

Edited by Racter0325
Tested further

It does and the only other ability worth mentioning is War Cry. AFTER you took the Augment.

This leaves this frame with less decent abilities than before her "rework" and that is quite an accomplishment. For the sake of not having better options in the drain as of now simply revert her to how she was - in the end this change did not accomplish anything aside of being annoying and severely touching the ONLY real thing that made Valkyr in any way special.

I've been playing Warframe for a long time now and have spent more money on it than anything else i can think of, i have never really had any problems with any changes that have been made to this game until this one. I have no idea how to or if one even can contact the DE directly but i believe this is a way that my thoughts may reach them so here goes.

TO ANY AND ALL WARFRAME GODS READING THIS
you broke my girl, and i want you to fix her.

Valkyr was the first Warframe i ever purchased and from the moment i played her i absolutely fell in love. However, this change to hysteria has made her less than usable in most situations and it saddens me to my core. Since this game is and has been influenced by the ideas of its fans i'd like to share some ideas I've had since this change happened that i believe would change Valkyr for the better.

First off lets tackle hysteria because that's kinda what broke her in the first place
Hysteria changes: Pretty much return it to how it was before this update was made, HOWEVER, to compensate for the removal of the energy drain and that rage field thing, i think she should no longer be invincible whilst in hysteria mode.To break it down, hysteria will work basically in the same way exalted blade does, but instead of firing long ranged energy waves like Excalibur does, she will heal with every strike, meaning you cant just wack it on and stand there or you will still be downed but returning some of her ability to survive.

Rip line is what i like to call fun but borderline pointless. Its like mags ability Pull that only works on one enemy at a time and flings you across the map if you accidentally miss, not to mention the new mobility system kinda renders the "Pull yourself to a spot" thing redundant. As for warcry and paralysis, they just seem too basic to be abilities of their own. So i suppose some changes:

1st ability: Lacerate: Valkyr lunges forward, slashing all enemies in her path with her claws. (Damage affected by strength mods and the lunge length is affected by range mods)
2nd ability: Blitz: Valkyr swings her hook whip thingy in a circle around her, knocking down enemies within range. (Used as a crowd control ability to give her and nearby allies a bit of breathing room) (does minimal damage but will still be affected by strength mods, area of effect is lengthened with range mods)
3rd ability: Warcry: Valkyr roars at her enemies paralyzing them with fear while imbuing her allies with adrenaline, increasing their melee attack speed. (Pretty much fusing warcry and paralysis together.) (Paralysis and melee speed buff duration affected by duration mods, area of effect lengthened with range mods)
Passive: All slash damage is increased by 10% (Maybe 5% if 10 proves to be too much)

Please keep in mind that these where all my ideas and in no way am i demanding a change such as this, i simply think it would be a great way to make her a little better and a much more usable Warframe. Thank you all for your time, i would love to hear from any DE or community members about your ideas.     

On August 29, 2016 at 4:57 AM, (XB1)Spiderman320 said:

I've been playing Warframe for a long time now and have spent more money on it than anything else i can think of, i have never really had any problems with any changes that have been made to this game until this one. I have no idea how to or if one even can contact the DE directly but i believe this is a way that my thoughts may reach them so here goes.

TO ANY AND ALL WARFRAME GODS READING THIS
you broke my girl, and i want you to fix her.

Valkyr was the first Warframe i ever purchased and from the moment i played her i absolutely fell in love. However, this change to hysteria has made her less than usable in most situations and it saddens me to my core. Since this game is and has been influenced by the ideas of its fans i'd like to share some ideas I've had since this change happened that i believe would change Valkyr for the better.

First off lets tackle hysteria because that's kinda what broke her in the first place
Hysteria changes: Pretty much return it to how it was before this update was made, HOWEVER, to compensate for the removal of the energy drain and that rage field thing, i think she should no longer be invincible whilst in hysteria mode.To break it down, hysteria will work basically in the same way exalted blade does, but instead of firing long ranged energy waves like Excalibur does, she will heal with every strike, meaning you cant just wack it on and stand there or you will still be downed but returning some of her ability to survive.

Rip line is what i like to call fun but borderline pointless. Its like mags ability Pull that only works on one enemy at a time and flings you across the map if you accidentally miss, not to mention the new mobility system kinda renders the "Pull yourself to a spot" thing redundant. As for warcry and paralysis, they just seem too basic to be abilities of their own. So i suppose some changes:

1st ability: Lacerate: Valkyr lunges forward, slashing all enemies in her path with her claws. (Damage affected by strength mods and the lunge length is affected by range mods)
2nd ability: Blitz: Valkyr swings her hook whip thingy in a circle around her, knocking down enemies within range. (Used as a crowd control ability to give her and nearby allies a bit of breathing room) (does minimal damage but will still be affected by strength mods, area of effect is lengthened with range mods)
3rd ability: Warcry: Valkyr roars at her enemies paralyzing them with fear while imbuing her allies with adrenaline, increasing their melee attack speed. (Pretty much fusing warcry and paralysis together.) (Paralysis and melee speed buff duration affected by duration mods, area of effect lengthened with range mods)
Passive: All slash damage is increased by 10% (Maybe 5% if 10 proves to be too much)

Please keep in mind that these where all my ideas and in no way am i demanding a change such as this, i simply think it would be a great way to make her a little better and a much more usable Warframe. Thank you all for your time, i would love to hear from any DE or community members about your ideas.     

This post is delicious.

I can build valkyr for hysteria and still have no problems maintaining an almost permanent invulnerable state. I really don't get how so many people cannot. No, it doesn't last an hour anymore. So it shouldnt. I'm totally fine with this change. I also like to play my valkyr as a war cry build. Before they "nerfed" hysteria. Hysteria was just to regain health or maybe kill a super bombard real quick. If you need to run around permanently invulnerable to play, well, I think that's the real problem.

My problem is, if valkyr isn't allowed to run around with permanent 4 on anymore, then why can ember, Excalibur, mirage, ash? What about all the other frames totally becoming invulnerable due to their fourth power being capable of always being on? 

Don't just hate on valkyr if you are gonna hate, hate all super frames equally.

On 8/19/2016 at 1:43 PM, STR4NGE_ said:

I can build valkyr for hysteria and still have no problems maintaining an almost permanent invulnerable state. I really don't get how so many people cannot. No, it doesn't last an hour anymore. So it shouldnt. I'm totally fine with this change. I also like to play my valkyr as a war cry build. Before they "nerfed" hysteria. Hysteria was just to regain health or maybe kill a super bombard real quick. If you need to run around permanently invulnerable to play, well, I think that's the real problem.

My problem is, if valkyr isn't allowed to run around with permanent 4 on anymore, then why can ember, Excalibur, mirage, ash? What about all the other frames totally becoming invulnerable due to their fourth power being capable of always being on? 

1) No you can't.

2) Before they nerfed hysteria--which is exactly what they did, as they literally only applied negative changes to it, so you can lose the quotation marks--one could play entire missions in hysteria.  Using hysteria as a health regen/revive tool is what it has been reduced to NOW.

3) People aren't complaining in this thread because DE took away an invincibility tool, people are complaining because DE removed a part of Valkyr which made her unique--it felt good to run around and rip things to shreds with your hands, and now they have marginalized the use of the ability to a mere utility.  They removed diversity from a game sorely lacking diversity; only being able to play a frame one way not only makes the frame more boring to play, it also hurts the game in general.  What DE did was a very short-sighted, stupid, knee-jerk reaction to a vocal minority whining about 'perma invincibility', rather than actually sitting down and thinking about a way to remove the invincibility while retaining the playstyle Valkyr had.  Instead of changing Valkyr in a positive way that made her more interesting, they chose to make one of her abilities fairly terrible and make the frame tedious and annoying to play.

On 5/27/2016 at 7:29 PM, Nesit1 said:

I think people should start using Hysteria just for "some situations", not as permanent state. Build hp + armor + rage - you can tank everything (HER 600 ARMOR, M8). Use Hysteria sometimes just to shred huge crowds or something like that, I don't know. I played A LOT OF games with Valkyr using no 4. She is tanky. Specially with warcry up.

Haven't tested it by myself though. But looks like I finally have a reason to use Hysteria.

if you want to shred crowds try atterax+ primed reach+ Primed fury+ warcry with rage  and quickthinking and  at least 200% power strength 

2 hours ago, timur_the_lame said:

1) No you can't.

2) Before they nerfed hysteria--which is exactly what they did, as they literally only applied negative changes to it, so you can lose the quotation marks--one could play entire missions in hysteria.  Using hysteria as a health regen/revive tool is what it has been reduced to NOW.

3) People aren't complaining in this thread because DE took away an invincibility tool, people are complaining because DE removed a part of Valkyr which made her unique--it felt good to run around and rip things to shreds with your hands, and now they have marginalized the use of the ability to a mere utility.  They removed diversity from a game sorely lacking diversity; only being able to play a frame one way not only makes the frame more boring to play, it also hurts the game in general.  What DE did was a very short-sighted, stupid, knee-jerk reaction to a vocal minority whining about 'perma invincibility', rather than actually sitting down and thinking about a way to remove the invincibility while retaining the playstyle Valkyr had.  Instead of changing Valkyr in a positive way that made her more interesting, they chose to make one of her abilities fairly terrible and make the frame tedious and annoying to play.

it is beyond insulting when you think about the fact DE nerfed hysteria Twice in the span of a month    yet has done NOTHING to the    Game Breaking  things like Ash's Bladestorm  and  Mirage+ Simulor  spam , wich unlike  Hysteria   have no downside

all bladestorm requires is to build for 75% efficiency and bam 25 energy cost ultimate   room clearing  ability 

Edited by Retepzednem

18 hours ago, (PS4)daKillestShroomz said:

your bottom statement is solid and i agree   fully 

but the top one  i gotta  say , the problem with   us  lovers of Valkyr isnt invulnerability im sure lots of us like me dont care if we lost health while in hysteria its the fact that the ability   gives nothing but Downsides except for   invulnerability , so what is the point in being invulnerable if you cripple yourself so much you   barely do anything in the game ?

almost any melee weapon with warcry Far Outperforms  hysteria not only in terms of damage but utility and range  and if you build for  max efficiency and duration you cripple yourself even more as hysteria damage scales off of  power strength 

even with the augment hysteria is still useless because sure you close in on enemies    faster but you still have to melee them one at a time 

so far i think the best solution would be to make hysteria  drain HP over time  unaffected by mods maybe make it start with 5% and ramp up over time   if  you stop attacking enemies , would give lifesteal a better purpose   asides from making hysteria a quick   HP refill  skill 

give Hysteria Finisher damage  and 10-15% bleed proc chance 

Make  Hysteria's melee attacks be wide  cleaving attacks  and give it at least  +2  range  or make it affected by  power range or melee range mods

most importantly get rid of the 15/s drain 

make it a 5/s hardcap or something  unnafected by mods

Edited by Retepzednem

11 minutes ago, Retepzednem said:

it is beyond insulting when you think about the fact DE nerfed hysteria Twice in the span of a month    yet has done NOTHING to the    Game Breaking  things like Ash's Bladestorm  and  Mirage+ Simulor  spam , wich unlike  Hysteria   have no downside

all bladestorm requires is to build for 75% efficiency and bam 25 energy cost ultimate   room clearing  ability 

The loudest voices get heard, regardless of the number of people against them.

8 minutes ago, Retepzednem said:

Make  Hysteria's melee attacks be wide  cleaving attacks  and give it at least  +2  range  or make it affected by  power range or melee range mods

Maybe look at the kavat mods. More targets and range per swing based on level and power strength or hell maybe range, make it a double edge sword to build for range, maxed at primed reach gal or orthos prime range but having a massive (30m cap say) "suicide bubble".

Just a thought.

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe
Clarifying

Thing is they completely over-did a nerf while ignoring way more popular and broken stuff that is around.

Just take a look at the events Mods. They ARE Melee now and even outperform many if not most toggled melee specialist frames with ease. But hey, in DEs wisdom they arbitrarily excluded those melee specialists frames to use the melee mods.
Wohoo.

2 hours ago, FieserMoep said:

Thing is they completely over-did a nerf while ignoring way more popular and broken stuff that is around.

Just take a look at the events Mods. They ARE Melee now and even outperform many if not most toggled melee specialist frames with ease. But hey, in DEs wisdom they arbitrarily excluded those melee specialists frames to use the melee mods.
Wohoo.

what frames because as far as i know that'd be   Valkyr's Hysteria and  Excalibur's exalted blade

but yes was an unnecessary over nerf  , the reason simply being that sure while invulnerability   was broken   it  dint affect the whole team whereas   Saryn's 4th, Ember's WoF,Mesa's peacemaker, ash's bladestorm, and mirage+ simulor or any explosive weapon   pretty much trivialized all content for everyone in their squad  

Edited by Retepzednem

2 hours ago, FieserMoep said:

Wohoo.

Yeah, that was a huge FU for us Valkyr players :D. With those mods any frame can outperform her in melee. The melee specialist outperformed by any melee + 2 mods, legit.

3 minutes ago, Momo93 said:

Yeah, that was a huge FU for us Valkyr players :D. With those mods any frame can outperform her in melee. The melee specialist outperformed by any melee + 2 mods, legit.

How?  if anything those mods made valkyr  the melee god   if yoou build for warcry 

warcry>Hysteria 

Just now, Retepzednem said:

How?  if anything those mods made valkyr  the melee god   if yoou build for warcry 

warcry>Hysteria 

You don't get my point. A random melee weapon and 2 mods shouldn't be better than an ultimate ability If we could use them in Hysteria it would have been fair because Valkyr and Excal would have became the 2 best melee frames while letting non-melee specialized frames benefit as well. As of now, everyone has the same benefits which is bad because there is no point to the melee specialized frames at all.

1 hour ago, Retepzednem said:

warcry>Hysteria 

Because it's made my melee Saryn WAY better than Valkyr. Saryn Prime has enough armour for it matter, but that enormous energy pool really lets her leverage Quick Thinking + Rage + Life Strike, AND she's got fantastic force-multiplying powers (viral procs) plus a room clearing ult in Miasma (requires a little setup for maximum effectiveness, but that's part of the fun, like combo with her powers). All while rampaging through the enemies with a melee weapon (I like the Mios on her) that she can enchant for toxic damage and energy regen.

Valkyr just isn't fun anymore. I always thought the trade off with Hysteria was that you got invulnerability and some deadly melee, but you didn't have a one button press room clear, and that was alright. But now it's tedious, and it's very unfun to flee from a fight when you're supposed to be this crazy berzerker. Blech.

44 minutes ago, (XB1)iDEATH said:

Valkyr just isn't fun anymore. I always thought the trade off with Hysteria was that you got invulnerability and some deadly melee, but you didn't have a one button press room clear, and that was alright. But now it's tedious, and it's very unfun to flee from a fight when you're supposed to be this crazy berzerker. Blech.

That is pretty much it.

As strong as her invulnerability looked like it was no end to all means. While in Hysteria she was pretty much useless for anything that required ranged weapons (Some Bosses, Triggers, Support). Also she was no "key-frame". A "key-frame" in my definition is a frame with a build that actually "breaks" the gameplay in one or the other way. Like Mirage blinding entire Raids and so on. Basically build that circumvent gameplay in a major way for large groups. In fact Valkyr was not even part of any organized Raid party - that tho accounts fro many frames.

In terms of clearing star map content she was strong yet so were many others and the worst offender might be Ash with his Bladestorm that DE do not even seem to know of. Even for Farming Valkyr was never a real 1st-Pick like the "mandatory" excavation Frost, the Speed Nova or Nekros.

In fact Valkyr was pretty much a self sustaining frame, that did rather well on her own yet had no real leveraging effect for others. And that is where imho problems start, for these force multipliers are the actual BIG things that make stuff like Raids into an easy cakewalk.

The fact that she did will in one Event, while literally every other event was cheesed by some Frame/Weapon/Mod combo did also not warrant a nerf in such a huge way.

In fact this feels more like DE not knowing what to do with Valkyr and intentionally leaving her in a worse state so that she at last wont be any balancing concern for the future. If you cant get something right, just nerf it so it is not even a topic anymore...

It's funny that people in here are suggesting the same things I posted in a thread yesterday that immediately got dumpstered lol

Current state of Hysteria is a bad joke. So much so that I reforma'd my original Valkyr entirely for Warcry, as it was before they made Hysteria scale at all. I had to build a second one to even try the new augment out.

To reiterate in case it was unclear, Hysteria now is in a worse state than when it was flat duration based, and didn't scale off of melee mods at all. It's laughably bad. She does not at all fit her theme of berserker at this point and she basically only has one ability now.