Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Revisions Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

[DE]Danielle

Can I make a couple suggestions?
I see a lot of blind cost hate and damage fall off hate, so how about making both of those variable?

Suggestion:

• Make the innate radial blind an effect that happens ONLY when channeling (LMB or L2) and THEN it will cost half of radial blind's energy.
  • Damage Falloff is affected inversely by range mods, so having 200% power range can negate the damage falloff or at least extend when damage starts falling off.
  • Increase innate blind effect the normal stats range and duration, but NOT open up enemies to finishers.

Any one of these three suggestions would be appreciated.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Can I make a couple suggestions?
I see a lot of blind cost hate and damage fall off hate, so how about making both of those variable?

Suggestion:

• Make the innate radial blind an effect that happens ONLY when channeling (LMB or L2) and THEN it will cost half of radial blind's energy.
  • Damage Falloff is affected inversely by range mods, so having 200% power range can negate the damage falloff or at least extend when damage starts falling off.
  • Increase innate blind effect the normal stats range and duration, but NOT open up enemies to finishers.

Any one of these three suggestions would be appreciated.

Range mods?Do you play excalibur?If he also needs range mods its the 2nd kill of him.Bad idea.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

Range mods? Do you play excalibur?If he also needs range mods its the 2nd kill of him.Bad idea.

Yeah, Excal really doesn't need range unless you go full blind build.

Usually, Stretch is the MAXIMUM you should go for range, and even that is very debatable.

I personally opt to use Primed Flow instead of Stretch, since Quick Thinking + Primed Flow is a thing.

Edited by NativeKiller

Well this is my pure opinion,

I only played 1068 hrs

1. Remove the spin attack mini blind please

why?

1. Exalted blade do 2 things.

A. it give extra range attack

B. it give Extra damage to melee i believe

So whats the point of giving radial blind?

->it increase the energy consumption and the blind is half? ( 6 sec vs normal 15 secs)

-> by the time it spin attack most things are dead below 10k hp

Instead

why not you just give us the normal spin attack but with larger aoe spin attack ( my idea 10 m? ) then is worth the extra energy

20 hours ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

Range mods?Do you play excalibur?If he also needs range mods its the 2nd kill of him.Bad idea.

Yes I play Excalibur. Yes I love Excalibur. Yes range mods for excalibur only as an option to negate damage falloff. Why won't you want to negate damage fall off?

This nerf was uncalled for.  That range on EB was what made him viable on 1 hour T4Sur after 35-40 mins.  I really enjoyed doing those. As for him being used as a turret, i can still use him as a turret in the missions where I use him as a turret regularly. I have literally stopped playing right when I saw this "rework."  Switched to other better games. I just login for the daily rewards. This nerf has really killed my interest and passion for the game.  He was not at all OP, but more balanced in endgame and it required skill to use him. Do you guys even test this post 40 mins of T4Surv?  Welp, i can still play him, but this unneeded "rework" has pissed me off. Gonna stay away until the enemy scaling is redone.

Thanks for making me go away from this fantastic game (even though its until the enemy scaling "rework").

1 hour ago, Shashu13 said:

Do you guys even test this post 40 mins of T4Surv? 

You can do 40 minutes of T4S with only waves even now, that wasn't changed. It is still relatively easy to do a hour of T4S, given Rage makes your energy supply unlimited, however going further via Naramon has became very hard. I'm currently starting to struggle around 80 minutes mark, however I've done 100 at least once. I believe it is still possible to do 2 hours, but 2:20 would be unreal - pure strength build is impossible to sustain currently, end even max efficiency build will run out energy very quickly as at that point you have to Spin Blind for each and every enemy.

Just for comparison, Ash can go for 100 minutes unranked, provided he has a proper melee. I doubt he'll be able to do two hours, but doing 100 minutes with Ash is more safe and consistent than doing it with Excal.
Saryn is able to do at least 2 hours, maybe 2:20;
Banshee theoretically can go even higher.

On 7/2/2016 at 10:43 AM, Epsik-kun said:

You can do 40 minutes of T4S with only waves even now, that wasn't changed. It is still relatively easy to do a hour of T4S, given Rage makes your energy supply unlimited, however going further via Naramon has became very hard. I'm currently starting to struggle around 80 minutes mark, however I've done 100 at least once. I believe it is still possible to do 2 hours, but 2:20 would be unreal - pure strength build is impossible to sustain currently, end even max efficiency build will run out energy very quickly as at that point you have to Spin Blind for each and every enemy.

Just for comparison, Ash can go for 100 minutes unranked, provided he has a proper melee. I doubt he'll be able to do two hours, but doing 100 minutes with Ash is more safe and consistent than doing it with Excal.
Saryn is able to do at least 2 hours, maybe 2:20;
Banshee theoretically can go even higher.

Yeah, i didn't say that its impossible past 40 mins of T4surv, but that change was uncalled for. That range on the EB was fun, and he was a high-risk and high-reward frame (now at even higher-risk for lesser (high) reward, hope u got the point). Also, i don't use any other frame except for excal and Inaros(took him to 1 hour survs right from when he was launched).  and that mini blind cost was uncalled for too. I have a lot of fun doing those runs till 60-80 mark, not more. I don't take any other frames unless specifically needed (frost for defense, nova for inter, etc.). I just wanted to know if they ever playtest the frames in endgames after giving "love" to frames. 

Good to know that you enjoy other frames too :) (unlike myself). 

Welp, I have to correct myself - it is still possible to do 2:20 with current Excal. However you'd have to get really lucky with LS drops for like last 20 minutes. I've successfully done 2 hours (2:13 to be precise) and then ran out of LS.

Having energy cost on Spin Blind makes you waste time restoring that energy, which considerably drops the kill speed. And, of course, it makes full Power Strength build worthless.

The sad fact is that previously I had no PPP, Primed Fury and did not had to use EBlade on it full attack speed potential to do 2:20.
Now my Excal ended up being ultimately weaker than before, despite getting access to all this goodness.

Haters wanna hate. This whole thread is ridiculous... I can still solo t4 surv for 60. Just can't dominate the entire map. Probably a good move for DE in terms of balance. 

Tips for those of you struggling:

Arcane strike 

Naramon focus passives 

Beserker on melee a must

Radiation and Viral seem to work very well for me in Void.

P.S. 

Feel lucky they didn't increase the Energy costs of exalted blade, like they have done with other frame abilities,  that would make him useless. 

On July 4, 2016 at 5:08 PM, (XB1)The Plumber414 said:

Haters wanna hate. This whole thread is ridiculous... I can still solo t4 surv for 60. Just can't dominate the entire map. Probably a good move for DE in terms of balance. 

Tips for those of you struggling:

Arcane strike 

Naramon focus passives 

Beserker on melee a must

Radiation and Viral seem to work very well for me in Void.

P.S. 

Feel lucky they didn't increase the Energy costs of exalted blade, like they have done with other frame abilities,  that would make him useless. 

Berserker a must?  Ok,here some math.30%Atk speed for a short time after crit hit.Excaliburs EB have a 15% crit chance.Even increase chance with mods is just waste.60% of 15% =29%. Even if we get berserker stacked up to the max 75% its not all the time 75% atk speed. Without effect its just 0. I myself would never exchange a 90% or 120% dmg mod that deal the damage on every hit for the 0% to 75%  berserker on Excalibur's Exalted Blade.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

Berserker a must?  Ok,here some math.30%Atk speed for a short time after crit hit.Excaliburs EB have a 15% crit chance.Even increase chance with mods is just waste.60% of 15% =29%. Even if we get berserker stacked up to the max 75% its not all the time 75% atk speed. Without effect its just 0. I myself would never exchange a 90% or 120% dmg mod that deal the damage on every hit for the 0% to 75%  berserker on Excalibur's Exalted Blade.

To further extend your point, finishers do not benefit from beserkers attack speed. 

14 hours ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

14 hours ago, Aldisun said:

To further extend your point, finishers do not benefit from beserkers attack speed. 

I kinda try not to comment the stuff that's going on in this thread, because the weaker people think Excal is, the more it works in my favor. However, holy hell. Your problem, guys, lies not within the recent nerf.

19 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

I kinda try not to comment the stuff that's going on in this thread, because the weaker people think Excal is, the more it works in my favor. However, holy hell. Your problem, guys, lies not within the recent nerf.

The weaker peapole...Funny to read.Sounds like you are one of them.I can do a lot of extreme stuff with every frame and my excalibur is hated worldwide for the massive damage.You do not realize the point of this topic.Its hard work.Just a rhino and a gun is far more easy . I can slide and attack with EVERY other frame without energy cost and ALL slide attacks deal heavy damage compared to normal attacks. It IS just not fair for Excalibur have energy cost for slide attacks. Even Venka and Four Riders (doubbles slide attack dmg) slide attack killing is insane and do cost nothing. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

The weaker peapole

As in "if people think he is weak, it is good for me". However, I really like the way you've got all defensive about that.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

my excalibur is hated worldwide for the massive damage

>slaps 120% mods on EBlade

>deals damage

Right.

21 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

As in "if people think he is weak, it is good for me". However, I really like the way you've got all defensive about that.

>slaps 120% mods on EBlade

>deals damage

Right.

Actually, even 60% elementals do more damage than 120% damage mods for exalted blade

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

Before the changes, no mod or maximization:

• Slash Dash was barely used and "for fun", since it only deals damage to weak units
  • Radial Blind was an awesome skill to crowd control and pump at that finisher damage
  • Radial Javelin had a small crowd controlling effect and the damage doesn't come for 20+ level units
  • Exalted Blade was amazing because you could cut unlimited amounts of enemy waves and benefit from your melee mods (and has a stance!!)

After the changes, same comparison:

• Slash dash hasn't been visited and still falls behind
  • Radial Blind keeps the posture, but has become weaker because of global changes (enemies that are not crowd controllable, for example)
  • Radial Javelin stood it's place as a radial nuke/crowd control
  • Exalted blade STILL pumps a lot of damage for close enemies!! (I Could solo ODD with this tactic and I STILL can!) and the damage really seems to fall off for REALLY long distances, so that's alright.

One thing that hasn't changed:

my hate for the sliding radial blind while on exalted blade! I tested in on EARTH recently and enemies just DID NOT get affected at all! Simple level 3~5 grineer lancers not becoming blind (2~5m distance), but dying from slide attacks in their direction. If it were a regular slide attack (small radial energy burst, for example, as if excalibur spun his blade around) I'd understand, but DAMAGING enemies like a regular slide attack and NOT giving a decent "radial blind" effect WHILE consuming energy is just bad.

A last piece of feedback: make slash dash like a linear/cone-shaped slashing slide where excalibur passes through a region slashing everything in the middle of it. The current slash dash is completely unpredictable and unreliable.

I think the root of the problem is the fact that after this nerf Excalibur will be outshadowed by other Warframes.

For example lets pick Loki, Loki has a high speed on his own,can go invisible,switch teleport for mobility and disarm for CC.

Excalibur has lower speed,has to blind to receive less damage,slightly more durable but not enough for a melee farm,slash dash as mobility which still loses to decoy+switch teleport and Radial Javelin as a really crappy mini stun? His ult has been nerfed and most blood rush crit weapons deal more damage than his exhalted blade. So why pick Excalibur when you can go Loki+Blood Rush Crit Melee?

He isn't good at stealth,isn't good at tanking,isn't very good at closing distances quickly.The only thing that is still good about him is that his Exhalted Blade goes through walls and enemies which bows can do,and weapon mods can help as well on rifles and shotguns.

Exhalted blade was a mistake to begin with,you wanted a close range swordsman with moderate health,armor,shield,little cc,slow and give him blade wave? DE should have given Excalibur skills that increases his durability,take away the waves and give him more base damage,mobility and the ability to use acolyte event mods.

19 hours ago, LustyLost-EN- said:

So why pick Excalibur when you can go Loki+Blood Rush Crit Melee?

Because Loki's fall-off point would be around 60~80 minutes of T4S while Excal can go a bit over two hours. Bad example.

A whole another question is "what is an objective point in using Excal currently", because his forte was always about going overextended and currently there's no reason to go overextended.

Also, Slash Dash is godlike.

Edited by Epsik-kun

Remove Exalted Blade completely, make Excal's 4 a melee buff instead (damage, crit, speed + movement speed, some form of defence too ), Exalted Aura or whatever, so we can use any melee we want (swords still have an advantage with Excal's passive), replace RJ with an Exalted Wave ability, a single, bigger version of the current waves. This way we have melee/swordsman Excal with an ability to use a wave for longer range but at a cost, and the melee weapon is no longer just for decoration and a mod dump.

8 minutes ago, Tzirael said:

Remove Exalted Blade completely, make Excal's 4 a melee buff instead (damage, crit, speed + movement speed, some form of defence too ), Exalted Aura or whatever, so we can use any melee we want (swords still have an advantage with Excal's passive), replace RJ with an Exalted Wave ability, a single, bigger version of the current waves. This way we have melee/swordsman Excal with an ability to use a wave for longer range but at a cost, and the melee weapon is no longer just for decoration and a mod dump.

What!? No God, no.

God. No.

Isn't the big problem with Exalted Blade right now how we need to priotize some melee builds that are incompatible with end game content? Why not just change the interaction of those mods with Exalted weapons? So we can keep Blood Rush and Body Count, for example, without making the ability super powerful.

Like, for example, making Blood Rush give an absolute certain Crit Chance on the ability, that corresponds to its level and feels more powerful than True Steel at later levels.

For example... I use a 13 point (+150% Crit Chance) Blood Rush on my weapon. Why not make it a 75% always Crit Chance for Exalted Blade? So it's still under control but still an upgrade to True Steel.

Pretty sure there must be a way to make it work.

Edited by NightmareT12

7 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

What!? No God, no.

God. No.

Isn't the big problem with Exalted Blade right now how we need to priotize some melee builds that are incompatible with end game content? Why not just change the interaction of those mods with Exalted weapons? So we can keep Blood Rush and Body Count, for example, without making the ability super powerful.

Like, for example, making Blood Rush give an absolute certain Crit Chance on the ability, that corresponds to its level and feels more powerful than True Steel at later levels.

For example... I use a 13 point (+150% Crit Chance) Blood Rush on my weapon. Why not make it a 75% always Crit Chance for Exalted Blade? So it's still under control but still an upgrade to True Steel.

Pretty sure there must be a way to make it work.

Well man, it's just like my opinion. I do like exalted blade, I did enjoy it a lot for a time, but then switching up frames and playing melee build with an actual melee weapon has made me realise how much more fun it is. Going back to my Excal I would look at my melee weapon and feel sorry for it, having a Nikana Prime stuck to your waist as a decoration and a mod dump on a swordmaster frame feels a bit sad, even more so given Exalted Blade stance is crap compared to most melee stances. I doubt it will go away anyway.