Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...how Valkyr nerf works now?

Wolfeingmer

Question

So today I log in to play the proxy event for the rewards and curiosity. Well since it was a corpus I decided to go with the corpus killer Mag and everything went wrong I didn't saw her rework. Then I changed to Valkyr, my main and strongest frame at the moment. I was playing normaly like I always do with her until I used hysteria to kill the jaguar(that corpus proxy that is boss on neptune I guess?) and saw it...different...

So I mean when you use hysteria now it has like a range barrier I dont know I saw like a circle range around me I didnt know what that is and now it seems I have  a %. 

What the hell does this % do? Apart of reaching 100% and cosuming my energy like crazy o.o  Does more porceant means more strenght at the cost of losing more energy or it just like a timer?

And does this new...nerf...affect the way we had to mod Valkyr now? Mod in a general way not personal.

Thanks!~

Over time, when using hysteria, the energy drain increases,(It's capped)

the 100% means that you've been using it too long to let the energy drain increase to maximum.

Basically DE is finally taking action for the corrupted mods....the problem is, they didn't do this sooner, so it's a nerf to some people.

I swapped Streamline for my Eternal War Yalkyr to Fleeting and my time jumped up to 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Yes, my Hysteria is a hindsight to the build as I prefer a EW build more. But my actual Hysteria build lasted around 2 minutes, give or take. Both of my builds don't have Primed Flow so you may get different results. Regardless, everyone has been saying she is dead, just swap one or two mods out to boost time. 

22 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

the 100% means that you've been using it too long to let the energy drain increase to maximum.

Basically DE is finally taking action for the corrupted mods....the problem is, they didn't do this sooner, so it's a nerf to some people.

So all it does it just when reach 100% it drains faster...oh boy gotta be hard the 90+ sorties now

Just now, Wolfeingmer said:

So all it does it just when reach 100% it drains faster...oh boy gotta be hard the 90+ sorties now

It was made to end all the spam of hysteria.

It makes the frame's strongest ability, her greatest weakness.

Which really makes you think, am I really going to need to use this ability? Which is the intention, and not what was beforehand, "I'm going to keep it on forever because it's OP."

i'm not sure if it will be that hard in level 90 sorties.

35 minutes ago, Wolfeingmer said:

It may seem hard, but once you get the hang of switching from frame to frame and certain builds, level 90's will be no concern for you.

I don't know how the Valkyr nerf affected other players but mine is the exact same regarding energy drain from start to finish, I just have to be careful about the 50m area thingy where you deactivate Hysteria. So   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 hours ago, Velveteen said:

I don't know how the Valkyr nerf affected other players but mine is the exact same regarding energy drain from start to finish, I just have to be careful about the 50m area thingy where you deactivate Hysteria. So   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Same for me, still able to spend the entire mission in Hysteria, without any shortages.

Expected way more energy drain. I can absolutely live with this.

Ok thanks for the info everybody! 

About sorties in 90 I used only to not be a carry for the team becuase at 90 and with hysteria I can bring support help and still kill enemies and not get one shot down. I have other frames but I haven't had the time to forma them and the guns too.

I actually not see the reason of this nerf. I mean ok it limits  the usage of hysteria but I always saw Valkyr as a versatil frame. I mean with valkyr low level players can go in high level missions (if have her at 30 for energy consuming time) and still helps with distracting, reviving and support stuff which is ok from my point of view also because is a co-op game not versus but oh well people are never happy with anything I guess. Still hoping Mesa buff hehe.

Ok then so I will have to just change a little my build since well it was mostly for warcry and hysteria (hey yes it worked at the time hehe) I only use hysteria when Im bored, heal, have to revived someone around a lot of people or for 90+ enemies so I might not have much of problem but still I find it unnessary still nothing will make me abandon my dear main frame <3 

Tbh I barely notice the nerf.  Yeah, my energy drains a lot faster, but I was never the type to just run around with Hysteria turned on 24/7 to begin with.  It's better to go for the rage-heal cycle now, at least from my experience.

This is the second valkyr hysteria adjustment that didn't affect me at all. Mod for duration, help your team with eternal war, use hysteria when necessary, and when not necessary, don't use it. It's all she really has going for a team other than pulling their butts off the floor, again and again.

Since Mag was nerfed, I played Valkyr this time using a Max Efficancy and Max duration build with some powers strength.. as well as Vitality and Steel Fiber.  The Mag still killed more then me, but I was the only one able to run away and get the LS.  There was also a Frost and Inaros.  So the Mag stayed in the bubble and everyone Tonkored everything.

The one thing i noticed more was the Energy drain.  It was an issue when I have to find a spot, come out of hysteria, and pop and energy pad.  it got so bad that I was trying to do LS, get energy, and drain my hysteria damage that I called the rest of the squad over to clear out some enemies.

No more permanent Hysteria.

On 5/28/2016 at 7:22 PM, Magnulast said:

Well, its a nerf me for me! I loved using Valkyr's Hysteria ability. Its the only good one she has. The rest are utterly useless. Pull one enemy in your direction, stun them for a second, or debuff enemies for a short period. This is the worst rework I've seen. She was my go to warframe before this. Now she's useless.  

1 minute ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

Well, its a nerf me for me! I loved using Valkyr's Hysteria ability. Its the only good one she has. The rest are utterly useless. Pull one enemy in your direction, stun them for a second, or debuff enemies for a short period. This is the worst rework I've seen. She was my go to warframe before this. Now she's useless.  

Nope, she's still powerful.

If you don't use any other ability, your doing something waaay wrong.

Ripline is used for speed.

Warcry is used to shred everyone.

Paralysis is useful when you are on the move and if you get grouped onto.

On 5/28/2016 at 7:50 PM, Magnulast said:

It was made to end all the spam of hysteria.

It makes the frame's strongest ability, her greatest weakness.

Which really makes you think, am I really going to need to use this ability? Which is the intention, and not what was beforehand, "I'm going to keep it on forever because it's OP."

i'm not sure if it will be that hard in level 90 sorties.

This is her best ability. Why should we have to stop and think if we should should use Hysteria now or later? Its up to the player to choice how they play using a warframe. Everyone else can spam their moves all they like, yet take away Valkyr's only useful ability? How's that fair? 

Edited by DrakoKnight48

Just now, DrakoKnight48 said:

This is her best ability. Why should we have to stop and think if we should should use Hysteria now or later? Its up to the player to choice how they play using a warframe. Everyone else can spam their moves all they like yet take away Valkyr's only useful ability? How's that fair? 

It's not valkyr's only useful ability as told before. I won't say much more.

It's like saying toxic lash on sayrn is useless. 

2 hours ago, Magnulast said:

It's not valkyr's only useful ability as told before. I won't say much more.

It's like saying toxic lash on sayrn is useless. 

Yet it is her most known and used ability she has. I got her to run solo missions by myself because getting into an active team using the recruiting tab wasn't working. So if I'm gonna solo a void mission, my as well have a powerful ability used at all times. That's how I play the game. I don't need DE putting a timer on how long I can use an ability because it drains me of all my energy within under a minute of use. Hell, I streamline equipped yet it ignores the mod in order to take away my energy to fast. 

8 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

Yet it is her most known and used ability she has. I got her to run solo missions by myself because getting into an active team using the recruiting tab wasn't working. So if I'm gonna solo a void mission, my as well have a powerful ability used at all times. That's how I play the game. I don't need DE putting a timer on how long I can use an ability because it drains me of all my energy within under a minute of use. Hell, I streamline equipped yet it ignores the mod in order to take away my energy to fast. 

Are you light modding(non-corrupted mods nor prime), (mid modding- one or two prime/corrupted) or min-maxing?

I don't really mod seriously, but I don't use hysteria forever. I use my obex to weaken enemy armor, and send shockwaves, where hysteria can't.

Edited by Magnulast
Added more info.

2 hours ago, Magnulast said:

Are you light modding(non-corrupted mods nor prime), (mid modding- one or two prime/corrupted) or min-maxing?

I don't really mod seriously, but I don't use hysteria forever. I use my obex to weaken enemy armor, and send shockwaves, where hysteria can't.

Right about now I'm using one primed mod "Primed flow". Streamline is all I have to save up on power efficiency. Not any corrupted mods because getting Fleeting expertise is a pain that never drops. But I'm sure even having the mod maxed out won't change how fast my energy drains now.