Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can anyone explain why I automatically failed this rank up test please?

RootyTootyAimAnShooty

Question

Hey all,

So, I just tried to do my Rank 3 test with the melee weapons. I started the fight, had 2 corpus and the grineer with the riot shield - wailed on them a bit and had some of my shields go so I ran up a post, jumped off to land on them and hit them. Then I just suddenly got told I had failed the test. 

I tried this yesterday and borked up the test, but when that happened I got "2 attempts remaining", "1 attempt remaining", "test failed". This time I just got an automatic fail out of the blue. I didn't do anything today that I didn't do yesterday; Yesterday I was standing on top of the columns to regen shields or running up them to avoid taking damage.

I don't understand it... fairly frustrating considering that I've got like twice the shields I had yesterday and barely got hit today.

Any insight would be really appreciated.

15 answers to this question

No idea, just tested it and it worked for me. I retried with Frost as his passive has a chance to freeze enemies hitting him as that may count as a power? However it didn't.

Theres a couple of frames and mods with this type of thing. Rhino for example got his heavy landing;

"Should Rhino fall fast enough, he will discharge a shockwave upon hitting the ground, dealing damage in a 6 meter area of effect and knocking down nearby enemies."

Since you mentioning

1 hour ago, RootyTootyAimAnShooty said:

I ran up a post, jumped off to land on them and hit them. Then I just suddenly got told I had failed the test. 

Can't test this since I don't own Rhino anymore. However this is not the problem if you didn't use Rhino. As said before, without any evidence of what happend or more specific information theres nothing anyone can do about it.

Edited by haloamted
words are hard

I definitely didn't run out of time. This was literally within the first 15 seconds. I mean, I'd get it if I ran out of time or took enough damage, etc, but neither happened. That's why I'm so confuzzled - Had shields, had health, was fighting for 15 seconds, landed with a smash of my weapons and knocked them down then was just told I failed. o.O

I was fairly confident with doing the test again as yesterday I was on the last wave but just borked it up on the last couple of enemies by being overconfident. I will go to the relay to try it out again and see if I can replicate it though :)

As far as i remember, this test is not timed.

Maybe the problem was not in the shield, maybe it was in yr health, some enemies may attack health bypassing your shield.

You can back up both with Vigor mod.

Try to put a maxed reached mod, it will give you some advantages since it is a melee test. also take into consideration the speed of the weapon.

stay in the middle, don't go to borders or jump onto pillars

Anyways, it is always good to practice more in the vesper.

The mastery tests have always been glitchy and the devs can't fix them because people never give any actual information(we rarely can to be honest). As Momaw said, If you can provide us with a video capture of it that would help you and the devs in fixing the problem.

Hm. You didn't leave the middle part and go outside the perimeter? Did you use any powers?

I think the test requires you to use only your melee weapon, but I'm not sure if powers are disabled, or if they are merely disallowed. If powers are dsallowed but enabled, would that explain your failure?

The Warframe gods have cursed you, to be reliefed of this curse, you must sacrifice 3 clean goats, 7 ducks, spin 3 times and bark like a dog 2 times. Then to complete this sacrifice, you must say to DE Via support "Please look into this mastery test issue."

1 hour ago, Lijka said:

Perhaps you ran out of time? Also, it's always a good idea to go to a Relay and practice the test before taking it :)

^I simulated the test, its timed but increases per wave, and actualy for low lvl enemies they do decent damage....

31 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

You can back up both with Vigor mod.

Is an MR 3 and if is new player, is dreaming after Intensify. Flow, Streamline, Continuity...

Lots of beginner players are not having even and R5 Vitality/redirection...

And you expect him to have an Nightmare mod...

1 hour ago, RootyTootyAimAnShooty said:

-snip-

Rarely missions are failing without any reason... and this bug seems to like you unfortunately.

Hey guys, thank you all so much for the replies!

With regards to the loadout I have a mag level 30 and level 27 bo that I took (because the first time I used fang and I thought I'd try something different), I'm afraid I can't get into the game at this second to give a huge detail on what mods I had in but I had about 850 shields, 400ish health (I think - vitality, etc in there), Bo was bulked up with overall damage and I think I had radiation secondary elemental type on it.

The test is definitely timed, you get 40 seconds on the first wave - I was paying close attention to that which is what confused me.

I'll try to get a video capture of what I did exactly but I can't do that until later. I don't think that I left the central area - I was fighting the first three that came out of the back of the pillar, smacked them a few times, saw shields dropping so I ran up the pillar, turned around, dropped down and did a smash as I landed on them. Turned to start hitting and that when it gave me the fail message.

After posting this up and the first response I went to the relay and tried it another two times in practise doing pretty much the same thing and I didn't have the issue repeat. I even let myself get smacked around a bit and I got the "2 attempts remaining" as normal. Although, I don't know if this is relevant - on the first test when I tried to reproduce the results my powers became active, the second time they didn't. I wonder if maybe I pressed one of my powers by accident? I don't remember seeing them go off, but then again if it insta-failed me for using them would I have time to see them?

Thank you all for the replies. What I'm getting from this is that it might well have been a bug which would explain it or I might have been a daft sod and gone out of the area somehow. I'll keep trying to replicate it later and I'll vid-cap it.

Edited by RootyTootyAimAnShooty

Some new mods or abilities could cause non-melee damage and the game recognizes that, could be anything from, for example: rhino heavy landing dmg, bullet jump damage, radiation causing them to shoot eachother.

Best thing is to do the test as basic as possible, put on survivability on your frame and just go there with a melee weapon with some basic dmg, no need to overkill it, those low mastery ranks are already outdated for years so killing them shouldnt be hard.

On shield carriers, just jump slam them, knocks em around a bit.

Hmm, sometimes going too high, in certain areas counts exactly as falling into a pit. When you climbed the pillar, have you jumped up before slamming down? This is the only other reason (other than a bug) that I can think of - simply passing out of the boundary, which the test might have diqualified. I can't log in at the moment to test it, though.