Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Been Suffering from Burnout...

(XBOX)NeonJaguars

Question

So I've played Warframe for 7 months now, (about 600 hours or so) and have started to suffer from burnout. I don't have all the weapons or warframes, but the grind is starting to become boring. I really want to enjoy this game and spend hours on it like I used to, but everytime I get on I feel unmotivated to do much of anything and will only play 1 or 2 missions before I get off. Any tips/suggestions to help? 

9 answers to this question

Well, my first suggestion is always to stop grinding. Continue to play the game, but instead of playing the same missions over and over or playing for a specific reward, just do whatever seems like fun. If that doesn't work out, take a break. Nothing wrong with feeling like you've been oversaturated when you play a lot of a single thing.

Play for fun. Try experimental builds.

Mod a Loki purely for speed/mobility and run rings around Public squad mates.

Spoiler

LokiNeedSpeed.jpg

Mod a Sobek purely for Impact/Blast and see how far you can send enemies flying.

Spoiler

SobekBlast.png

When all else fails, take a break. I fall back to retro-gaming in between Warframe sessions (currently running through Dishonored and Dark Souls again).

Happy gaming, Tenno.

Whenever I'm out of stuff to do for the day, there are a few things I gravitate to. I'll grab a gun that I barely use, throw some forma on it and try different builds. Same thing with frames. Use a frame I normally don't run. Try and find a new play style with a different build. If I normally use a strength build, I'll try a duration, or range build. This also keep me from 'maining' frames and weapons. Helps keep it fresh.