Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's Shield Transference Augment Mod needs rework

Vidsurfer555

With Mags rework, there have been many drastic changes in the use of her powers. Before you guys take out your Sydons and Vaykor Heks and start burning down tenno relays, I'm here to talk about her 3rd power polarize and the mod that goes with it. (Although I do agree the fixed damage thing is crap) 

Now that Mags power can affect armor, it only stands to reason that the mod [Shield Transeference] should also affect it. So no overshield just and insane amount of armor

Thoughts??

Edited by NovusNova
Removed "PSA" tag

The augment still works as intended though.... I actually think it's fine as is. Why they nerfed the only properly made skill in the game (shield polarize) is beyond me. A skill that is effective at all levels of gameplay is a skill worth having. Shield polarize is no longer effective at all levels of gameplay, it plows low levels and tickles high levels, like every other useless nuke in warframe. END RANT!

Edited by Skaleek

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

The augment still works as intended though.... I actually think it's fine as is. Why they nerfed the only properly made skill in the game (shield polarize) is beyond me. A skill that is effective at all levels of gameplay is a skill worth having. Shield polarize is no longer effective at all levels of gameplay, it plows low levels and tickles high levels, like every other useless nuke in warframe. END RANT!

Maybe, but now is effective vs pretty much everything, old Polarize made Mag the go-to frame vs Corpus but mostly useless vs Grineer. Btw, the game is balanced around lvl50 enemies, the lvl100 is the extreme difficulty and made not to be cheesed so easily.

45 minutes ago, Vidsurfer555 said:

With Mags rework, there have been many drastic changes in the use of her powers. Before you guys take out your Sydons and Vaykor Heks and start burning down tenno relays, I'm here to talk about her 3rd power polarize and the mod that goes with it. (Although I do agree the fixed damage thing is crap) 

Now that Mags power can affect armor, it only stands to reason that the mod [Shield Transeference] should also affect it. So no overshield just and insane amount of armor

Thoughts??

That would be worthless. Mag has very little health, armor is only factored into damage when your shields are down, and frankly it's not worth modding for the vitality to take advantage of armor if she had it.

On 6/3/2016 at 0:33 PM, Gelkor said:

That would be worthless. Mag has very little health, armor is only factored into damage when your shields are down, and frankly it's not worth modding for the vitality to take advantage of armor if she had it.

It all depends on the amount of armor mag gets if it is enough to make here almost invulnerable that would change the game 

4 minutes ago, Vidsurfer555 said:

It all depends on the amount of armor mag gets if it is enough to make here almost invulnerable that would change the game 

That would take up into the 10 thousands of armor, which would ridiculous. 

On 6/3/2016 at 0:54 PM, Gelkor said:

That would take up into the 10 thousands of armor, which would ridiculous. 

well considering her power now affects grineer. she could steal it and it would only be a percentage of the armor on a singular target so that it will scale and am not saying that mag should be completely invulnerable just really, really, really, hard to kill.

2 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Fixed.  That it only did so for one faction (while having no effect whatsoever on the others) didn't make it any less problematic.  

I still would've prefer them reign in the % instead of making it a static nuke like every other nuke, which becomes useless in warframe. Everytime you take away unique abilities and nukes you take some flavour away from the game. If it was a problem that it one shot everything at any level, then the coefficient just needed to be adjusted.

Edited by Skaleek

2 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Maybe, but now is effective vs pretty much everything, old Polarize made Mag the go-to frame vs Corpus but mostly useless vs Grineer. Btw, the game is balanced around lvl50 enemies, the lvl100 is the extreme difficulty and made not to be cheesed so easily.

Game is actually balanced around level 35 enemies (end game ceres and pluto), according to the devs. At the same time, its really not, because we have sorties with level 100-120 mobs now, and we have weapons that absolutely decimate level 35 enemies. Hell most frames decimate level 35 mobs too. In warframes current iteration, scaling nukes would be welcome, imo. I would LOVE if embers fireball did 300 damage, with a minimum damage of 5% to an enemies health. So whichever is greater. Anyways, like i said, its a rant, but still would assure that warframe abilities always had a place at any level of play. Instead we're seeing DE gravitate towards making everything essentially the same. Shield polarize is just a nuke now. Its not really special, it doesnt stand out. The augment does make it a bit more unique, but that takes a modslot so....

Edited by Skaleek

13 hours ago, Vidsurfer555 said:

Thoughts??

Armor isn't Mag's downside, it's her health. 300HP without a health mod. Toxin and bleeds are what tend to kill her. Her shields kept flack away, but the DoTs eat through 300 health like crazy (more so without a heal).

Whatever save Mag needs is self-heals.

8 hours ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Whatever save Mag needs is self-heals.

What you say is interesting this could apply to infested levels

So 

Corpus = overshield

Grineer and infested = health restore and if health is full adds a large amount of armor