Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana prime or prisma dual cleavers

Aizentzu

Question

I am stuck right now between using one or the other for my ash prime (bladestorm) melee focus.

I love the syndicate mod for prisma but the look of the Nikana. The prismas seem deadly fast which I prefer but I keep hearing that Nikana prime is better end game.

Which of these two would you guys suggest and why. 

Thanks for your help!!

10 answers to this question

The Prisma Dual Cleavers' base damage is so low, at 35, that it HAS to crit to meet the Nikana Prime's base damage of 95 (with 10 points of spare change in this case). The Nikana Prime has only 5% less Crit and Status Chance, and a standard multiplier of 2.0, so it's still very crit-viable and will have a base crit damage of 190. This damage gap is only furthered by mods such as Pressure Point and elementals, of course.

On top of that, Dual Sword stances are notoriously trashy and hard to find apart from extra-horrible Crossing Snakes, while Nikana stances are definitely some of the best in the game and normally much easier to find. Swirling Tiger's Winding Claws combo has 16 hits, sure, but Tranquil Cleave has wide-arcing swings, Decisive Judgment has mobility, and Blind Justice has a little bit of all that and everything else you'd want in your combos, just like Tempo Royale.

In my opinion, the Prisma Cleavers are the way to go. With its insanely high crit multiplier and good crit chance, it can give you red crits almost every time with blood rush and body count. It outperforms the nikana in everyway, except stancewise. The stances aren't that great.

I would say that the Nikana is better, as you can build it for status as well as crit, while the Cleavers are pure crit weapons only. make no mistake, the Cleavers are absolutely monstrous once you have Crit mods and Body Count/Blood Rush combo on them, but the Nikana is a bit more flexible, and has better stances. you can also change stances easily on the Nikanas, on the cleavers you have to forma if you don't like Crossing Snakes, which i don't like for it's slow speed.)

Right now I have both. And I change cleavers polarity to use whirling tiger or whatever it's called.

I don't use any elemental mods which I was wondering if those were necessary.

I use fury, berserker, blood rush, body count, pressure point, Sundering, rending, and I can't remember the other two.

I like the fast attack....

I use for everything

Edited by Azraelizar