The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets discuss the nullifiers

GTX49

As far as i know, the nullifiers were brought to reduce the "Press 4 to Win" mentality around, but now the devs are reworking such skills to kill that "Press 4 to Win" 

This leads to one question.. Should the nullifiers stay or be removed or moved to a future nightmare raid?

4 minutes ago, GTX49 said:

As far as i know, the nullifiers were brought to reduce the "Press 4 to Win" mentality around, but now the devs are reworking such skills to kill that "Press 4 to Win" 

This leads to one question.. Should the nullifiers stay or be removed or moved to a future nightmare raid?

Nullifiers should absolutely be removed. They were bad, heavy handed design to begin with. DE determining our play experience as opposed to us doing so. Given the nerfs to Saryn and Mirage, and more of them incoming, Nullifier has no place in the game now. 

They invalidate powers. They invalidate melee. They invalidate all weapons except high fire rate automatics...yeah. Bad design by definition.

5 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Boost comba spawns, remove nullifiers. Nullifiers are a lazy, boring, poorly-designed unit.

That will probably lead to a lot of failed Defense/Mobile Defense sorties though. (Depending if they spawn at the current nullifier spawn rate)

Also if they get placed in the void long runs haiving to find them among the enemies... (and again Defense will be more unforgiving in longer runs)

Just now, Madway7 said:

That will probably lead to a lot of failed Defense/Mobile Defense sorties though. (Depending if they spawn at the current nullifier spawn rate)

Also if they get placed in the void long runs haiving to find them among the enemies... (and again Defense will be more unforgiving in longer runs)

Combas are a much better thought out enemy compared to nullifers even if they spawn at the same rate they dont one shot you with a sniper and you can melee or use other types of weapons on them. If DE switched all nullifiers with combas including the corrupted nullifiers I think the higher void missions would be a much more fun to play and much less tedious.

8 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Nullifiers should absolutely be removed. They were bad, heavy handed design to begin with. DE determining our play experience as opposed to us doing so. Given the nerfs to Saryn and Mirage, and more of them incoming, Nullifier has no place in the game now. 

They invalidate powers. They invalidate melee. They invalidate all weapons except high fire rate automatics...yeah. Bad design by definition.

Saryn wasn't needed, they just changed her play style from press 4 to win, to press every button in a tactical manner to win. Her DPS is insane if you play her right, just like mesa now.

1 minute ago, DaedricToast666 said:

Combas are a much better thought out enemy compared to nullifers even if they spawn at the same rate they dont one shot you with a sniper and you can melee or use other types of weapons on them. If DE switched all nullifiers with combas including the corrupted nullifiers I think the higher void missions would be a much more fun to play and much less tedious.

Though I think the oversimplified "P4TW" issue still need to be resolved first.

Just now, (XB1)DataStorm 8Bit said:

Saryn wasn't needed, they just changed her play style from press 4 to win, to press every button in a tactical manner to win. Her DPS is insane if you play her right, just like mesa now.

Agreed. They took Saryn from a fun, easy damage dealer to an insanely complex and frustrating damage dealer. You still spam powers. The only difference is its just tedious.

Mesa, on the other hand...her DPS is now insane. As in, she can be the crowd killer in a survival mission at high levels insane. Which is fair, since she is also locked in place and immobile while killing. Sure she has shatter shield, but even 5% of damage at high levels, from multiple enemies at once, is a lot of damage coming in. Immobility is Warframe is one HECK of a balancing factor, so I think Mesa is fair. 

Saryn is just...too tedious to play, now.

20 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

I heard something about the Miter getting an augment to insta pop their bubbles. So if they get removed that won't be a thing...

Miter is a pain to get thanks to RNG. Not to mention, most people must have traded it in for the Panthera, and we all know how 'good' that is.

I find them way less of a headache than commanders,  detron crewman, or bombards. I can't honestly name an instance where a nullifier has managed to kill me and I was actually paying attention.

They could change the mechanics for bubble dispersal and I think most of the complaints I see would be resolved.

2 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Agreed. They took Saryn from a fun, easy damage dealer to an insanely complex and frustrating damage dealer. You still spam powers. The only difference is its just tedious.

Mesa, on the other hand...her DPS is now insane. As in, she can be the crowd killer in a survival mission at high levels insane. Which is fair, since she is also locked in place and immobile while killing. Sure she has shatter shield, but even 5% of damage at high levels, from multiple enemies at once, is a lot of damage coming in. Immobility is Warframe is one HECK of a balancing factor, so I think Mesa is fair. 

Saryn is just...too tedious to play, now.

I meant nerfed, not needed.

23 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

I heard something about the Miter getting an augment to insta pop their bubbles. So if they get removed that won't be a thing...

One mediocre weapon getting an augment to pop bubbles won't fix anything. That's just a bad bandaid.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

10 minutes ago, (XB1)DataStorm 8Bit said:

Saryn wasn't needed, they just changed her play style from press 4 to win, to press every button in a tactical manner to win.

More like press every button to have no energy left and get killed.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)DataStorm 8Bit said:

Though tactically you just need to mod for her 1, and bring gas status weapons...  which as some have pointed out, is still technically press 1 button to "win", just with some more interaction to it.

I honestly like that her 1 is self sustaining and believe she can be an amazing frame if they added more survivability to her kit. 

The only annoying part I find about Mesa is that her 4 ignores Nullifiers, Arctic Eximus globes and capture targets.

Edit: I just realised talking about this is off topic...

Edited by Madway7

4 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

One mediocre weapon getting an augment to pop bubbles won't fix anything. That's just a bad bandaid.

True, but I still sorta looked forward to having a reason to use that mediocre weapon.