The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the Purpose of FARMING if we cant use our mods in pvp?

MetehanY

were you around in the days when your pvp gear and pve gear werent seperate? if you were you know why...if not...well the short version is youll have an average time alive of less than a second...unless youve got the best of the best gear and you can hit 4 faster than the other players.

to emphasize my example, ever been stunlocked by an ash every spawn for 2 minutes? i have...its not fun

Edited by Caobie

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

This is mainly a PvE game. The PvP aspect is completely seperated from the main PvE aspect. So to answer your question: The purpose of farming is, that you can indeed use your mods in PvE.

I value your comment, but as long as there is PVP feature in the game, you can't say the game is mainly focused on PvE. Don't you think the difference of heavily farmed player than a normal player should exist. Cause without mods there is no difference between players. A person who buy a best-ranking sword and primary weapon kill others according to new conclave system.

1 minute ago, MetehanY said:

I value your comment, but as long as there is PVP feature in the game, you can't say the game is mainly focused on PvE. 

well, you can though... Mainly focused does infact not mean exclusively

2 minutes ago, MetehanY said:

I value your comment, but as long as there is PVP feature in the game, you can't say the game is mainly focused on PvE. Don't you think the difference of heavily farmed player than a normal player should exist. Cause without mods there is no difference between players. A person who buy a best-ranking sword and primary weapon kill others according to new conclave system.

with the balancing theyve done to conclave the funny thing is that the base starting gear for all players is (at the very least) above average in conclave now-a-days

7 minutes ago, MetehanY said:

as there is PVP feature in the game, you can't say the game is mainly focused on PvE.

Well, let's say there are 100 people working at DE.

If 2 of them are working on PvP and 98 on PvE, you don't think that'd make Warframe 'mainly focused on PvE'?  (Note: Those aren't the real numbers).

Don't you think the difference of heavily farmed player than a normal player should exist.

There is a difference between 'farmed' and 'unfarmed' players. PvP mods exist, as Senpai-Valkyr said.

Edit: For the most part though, a 'farmed' player isn't straight-up stronger.

For the most part.

Edited by Chroia
typo

Just now, MetehanY said:

I value your comment, but as long as there is PVP feature in the game, you can't say the game is mainly focused on PvE.

As you can see from my previous comment, i can say it ;). No but seriously, i can. Because the PvP is treated like a "minigame" which has no impact on the PvE game where 90% of the content lies.

2 minutes ago, MetehanY said:

Don't you think the difference of heavily farmed player than a normal player should exist.

It does. Just only in PvP. So you gotta grind the PvP mode for PvP mods. Or do you really think you can bring your OP s. simulor with the exact same mods into PvP to instagib every player?

1 minute ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

Use to love dark sector battles, actually got to face people people with their maximum build while completing objectives.

Cheese. Cheese everywhere.

Glad you liked it, but me?  nty

13 minutes ago, MetehanY said:

Here's the definition of focus: "An act of concentrating interest or activity on something"

Of course you can say that it's heavily focused on PvE. The fact that PvP exists doesn't mean that it can't focus on PvE. The devs concentrate on making PvE content. PvP is a feature that is occasionally expanded upon but the FOCUS of the development team is on Player versus Enemy content.

Edited by Skycook3y

I couldn't quote some users' comments because something went wrong with my explorer I guess. For Caobie I have been playing this game since March of 2014. It doesn't matter now PVP didn't exist before, PVE players might not care PVP but new and some players care PVP. And improving PVP will increase number of players in the game at the same time quality of the game. PVP special mods are not enough for players. Because some of you do not like PVP can not say that PVP should stay like this. 

*If you are still mentioning about users who used unbalanced guns back in the day in conclaves, I used to take them down by melee which it means that it has to with person's skills.

If any of you still argue about the difference of own mods and conclave mods to me, please come to my Dojo or invite me to yours with everything you want then I will show you the difference.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed inflammatory remark

It's mainly a PVE game however I do agree that PVP also suffers from having its own seperate mods you don' acquire from playing the regular game. It forces you to dedicate time to PVP and honestly if you dedicate more time to PVP you lose out on advancing in PVE thus making PVP even less rewarding since you're not getting much from it when you can just jump into some PVE modes 

Immortal vessel VS Immortal Vessel...it's like paintball, it just doesn't say this fight matters to me.

How well their controller wields them against other controllers while completing tasks does to me. No matter how underpowered or outnumbered I am, when I win, I think I overcame "cheese", win I lose I think "must get Better"... in any iteration of "PVP"

I have high hopes for lunaro to be a bit more compelling personally.

42 minutes ago, MetehanY said:

By respect what is the Purpose of FARMING if we cant use our mods in pvp?

Once upon a time we could. And Warframe's PvP was the most broken, unbalanced thing ever. Go on with the right frame and mods and weapon, and you could go 20-0 easy. Wrong frame, lower mods? Get stomped by the same guys you just went 20-0 against.

It wasn't even fun for anyone. You couldn't feel skillful or happy if you did well, because you knew it was all the mods and nothing you did, and you wouldn't feel in control when you just got Bladestormed for full health or one-hit by a machine gun or something like that.

39 minutes ago, MetehanY said:

By respect what is the Purpose of FARMING if we cant use our mods in pvp?

The answer to that question is quite simple. The purpose of farming PVE mods and PVE equipment is so that we can use them in the PVE setting.

And, as others have stated, the integration of PVE mods into Conclave would result in a massive cheese fest. 

The cheeses may include the following:

Perma-invis Loki

Synoid Simulor Mirage

Bladestorm spam

Hysteria Valkyr

Exalted Blade spam

Artemis Bow Spam

WoF Ember

Jetstream Tonkor Zephyr

and more.

Wow, crazy lag and quadruple posts.

*TO DEVELOPERS: Listening kids' opinions in this game will decrease the quality of the game.

When you say this within the same context that previous replies weren't valid arguments and they should ONLY post if they wanna improve the game? Yeah,. it comes off as disrespectful to everyone else who's posted with valid points. As an FYI, I've been playing since closed beta when there was no PVP. I took part in the early PVP as well as the Dark Sectors and I faired very well using melee and such as an OBERON, a Warframe that's looked down on even now after a rework and this was BEFORE the rework. What's my opinion? The Dark Sector was very unbalanced and favored people who used specific mods that were really only meant for PvE. I could literally melee myself back to full health by camping their spawn door and using a specific combo that'd knock them down and for the most part one shot every DPS frame that might have a chance. PvP and PvE progress NEEDS to be separated and needs to be balanced individually.