Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing

Hello fellow Tenno.

I'm at a crossroads with Archwing as most of my stuff is level 23-26 and only use it for alerts. I have not put a potato or catalyst in anything yet. I guess what direction do most of you see Archwing going in the future . I'm sitting on Itzal and Odanata P that I have not built and wondering if I should invest in either. Thx and have a great day.

Invest in Itzal so that when DE adds something archwing related you wouldn't cry that I have to level up Archwing now. Also get a decent wep while at it like Fluctus or Grattler.

I have forma's archwing gear in preparation of some crazy thing DE throws at us. I did these before J3 Golem raid was out. And now if it's alert or just core farming I just go archwing, Why? Cuz I like it.

U19 will have new missions, cutting of old unpopular missions, new support wing and new movement setup. Until these changes happen. I pretty much dont touch it because archwing is very shallow and stops abruptly because its just the quests that involve it, J3 in Eris and the extremely short water parts in Uranus that effect primary warframe. Don't need max gear for any of that. To collect any more than the starting gear is for MR as the starter gun and melee are exceptionally good and hard to replace and Odanata is a decent jack of all.

Edited by Firetempest

My archwings of choise is Itzal as well, the 1 is a life saver in almost every archwing situation (looking at you Jordas).

I suggest you to level up & potato them.

With the ideas of implement new missions in the future, archwing may be a more efficient farm location or so, idk.

And for a weapon, my high-dmg weap es velocitus, and the hitscan weap is imperator vandal.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)SALVATIONxCRUSH said:

Hello fellow Tenno.

I'm at a crossroads with Archwing as most of my stuff is level 23-26 and only use it for alerts. I have not put a potato or catalyst in anything yet. I guess what direction do most of you see Archwing going in the future . I'm sitting on Itzal and Odanata P that I have not built and wondering if I should invest in either. Thx and have a great day.

My Advise is Itzal, Fluctus (and a hitscan weapon as second option) with a critical melee. This has been working for me from the start.

Archwing may never be popular, but it is not going away so might as well get the gear up to spec.

In my experience most who hate archwing have sub-par gear because they never invest time in the system. Forgetting that they are weak simply because you have to start all over again mods wise.

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

Several devstreams have mentioned supportwing, at least two 'casts of Devstream or Prime Time have linked it to U19.

I haven't heard anything linking it to any update in particular. Just that there will be one some day. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)SALVATIONxCRUSH said:

Cool thx. I m  guessing you have to farm better weapons ?

There aren't really better weapons (at least when it comes to primary weapons), they are just different. Some weapons hit a harder and/or have punch through but you lose range, RoF and hitscan, so it's a tradeoff rather than an outright improvement.

I wouldn't put any potato on an Archwing yet (unless you have reactors to spare) as you can complete star chart missions and level up your AW just fine unpotatoed.

Weapons on the other hand... I potatoed the Imperator just because it (as of now) works fine at any range against any enemy on any mission, and being able to further increase RoF and damage isn't a bad thing. Maybe when they release new missions other weapons might become more enticing (which could be a good reason for getting and leveling them up now).

1 hour ago, (PS4)SALVATIONxCRUSH said:

Hello fellow Tenno.

I would wait for archwing if I were you I am not 100% sure but I think DE is going to update the archwing stuff here in the near future I know thy have talked about it on the Dev stream.  I have also said in general chat about a new archwing which players have responded with DE said they will be introducing a healing archwing soon but then again that was months ago.

I knew that I would be loving my archwing from the moment my Volt jumped out of that ship to put on my Odonata. I love my arch and I own them all. Itzal is really good, but I use my Odonata just so that I can help others get the Golem. Its one thing I've seen time and time again. People ignore their arch and when it comes to the Golem or something of that sort, they wimp and cry. The Golem is easy and I can literally take him down in less that 10 seconds with my twin forma'd Grattler and Odonata. Do I regret spending that Forma? No! Not at all!

Archwing is special. Its all upto you!