Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Booben: Repelling Bastille vs. Perpetual Vortex

Klazik

Question

Hello my Fellow Tenno.

So I got 2 builds I would like to discuss. One is a negative power dmg % with repel augment (to repel as early as possible), and the other is lots of dmg for Vortex with augment.
Which would be better in your opinion, and why?

It should be noted that this is for a general purpose build, since I don't like switching config all the time.

Edited by Klazik
typo

21 answers to this question

Depends on a situation.

Vortex is better in tight corridors and small compact location (and also against infested)

Bastille is a perfect high area CC 

You may consider adding some versatility and make one general build

both bastille and vortex are good vs infested depends alot of situation and map

over all i still perfer a hibrid build like teloch sayed
so focus in some vortex and when needed still have bastille ready

i use repelling bastiolle with overextend

it make the ennmies caught in bounce out the bastille, kind of fun (like snow globe trow out ennemies from the glob at launch)

Edited by Tsoe

47 minutes ago, taiiat said:

last i knew, to use Perpetual Vortex, you had to directly hit your existing Vortex with the new one, otherwise you'd just create two.

if that is infact still the case, Repelling Bastille is a much better choice.

If that's the case, then I see no use for Perpetual augment.

2 minutes ago, ChronoEclipse said:

There isn't one. It doesn't even add the full duration on.

On the contrary. you can have a 5 minute vortex going while you go about your business and collect some energy orbs or something.

1 hour ago, Klazik said:

If that's the case, then I see no use for Perpetual augment.

Mmmm, honestly?  It is a good augment, and they 'SEEM' to have widened the requirement for what range you need to place a second vortex... but even then it seems to choose when it doesn't want to work, lol.

1 minute ago, achromos said:

Mmmm, honestly?  It is a good augment, and they 'SEEM' to have widened the requirement for what range you need to place a second vortex... but even then it seems to choose when it doesn't want to work, lol.

I'm not questioning the augment itself, just the hitbox flaw.

Just now, Klazik said:

I'm not questioning the augment itself, just the hitbox flaw.

Ah, well the augment is useful for people who don't want to manage the Vortex every 15-30 seconds (depending on your build), stack up on energy and spam the Vortex and you can usually get a minute to a minute and a half of time where you can focus on killing a bit more.  But... I agree with you, being honest I use neither of his augments.

Just now, achromos said:

Ah, well the augment is useful for people who don't want to manage the Vortex every 15-30 seconds (depending on your build), stack up on energy and spam the Vortex and you can usually get a minute to a minute and a half of time where you can focus on killing a bit more.  But... I agree with you, being honest I use neither of his augments.

Since I'm usually never modding for powerstrength, I feel forced to take one of the augments.

Honestly I dont use either augment as a max efficiency general build with a bit of everything else thrown in I can just spam multiple bastilles everywhere meaning I can just pick all the enemies up instead of repelling them. Stretch and primed continuity mean I still have decent range and duration, and intensify means it still picks up enough enemies at once for most engagements, while the efficiency means I can cover multiple locations, or spam the same one multiple times for more enemies when things get sticky. Plus im not limited to one power, the general build means there is some synergy with his pads and teslas too.

40 minutes ago, Klazik said:

So, how did that help? xD

Low power strength with repell wont help against infested ospreys. Go try it in simulacrum. IMO, it's best to use vortex against land enemies and throw a bastille near it to catch flyers.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

Repelling Bastille for general gameplay.

Because Perpetual Vortex is rather situational & camping-based.

Also someone has mentioned, that you need to throw exactly the position of the previous one, in order to earn the extra duration.