Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is redeemer a gud weapon of choice?

xX0SolarHawk0Xx

Question

So, as the title suggests, i would like u readers 2 post ur thoughts here about the redeemer. Im a loki main so redeemer is my go to weapon for almost every mission excpet for synthesis, always accedentaly kill the targets. But, i constantly crit over 100k damage, so uh, dat is pretty broken, also the fact with the default pierce, and redeemer is definitley not slow, evennif it is, u dont need 2 hit a enemy more than once if they die from the first hit, these r my thoughts for redeemer, and The myth of wherenwhen u channel, it chuncks half ur energy, is NOT TRUE. Everytime i channel and shoot, it uses about 10 energy because of life strike. Plz post ur commenta, everything is appreciated ty

Edited by xX0SolarHawk0Xx

Finisher is pretty strong, very strong, and possibly the best looking finishers of the game.
That said... Redeemer and Glaive weapon's long range attacks DO NOT add to the combo counter, which would make using body count a fairly bit more complicated. You would have to watch that counter's timing non stop. Not a fun way to use the mods that benefit from it...

Just now, (PS4)skydrive said:

The point was a player that is not very well experienced with things was asking a question about a weapon he just started using, wondering if it was perhaps the best weapon, or one of the, in the game.

Here, let me break it down a bit.

If you have been on the forum lately you might have noticed that most people asking calling anything OP or calling for nerfs are either new players with little knowledge or players with suspiciously low post count or a focus solely on one thing. He has low post count (this really means nothing on its own, really)

The title is calling something OP, albeit in a question format.

The post itself contains no question whatsoever, it is simply calling the weapon OP and a few reasons (be it guesses or tested and founded. I can't tell, I don't own the weapon yet).

Then, among the reasons is a statement saying that something other people say it makes the weapon balanced is not true (once again, I have no idea, I don't own the gun). In addition saying he uses it a lot.

My conclusion. He is not asking anything at all (makes me wonder why this is on this forum section); he is plainly calling something OP; he has a fairly new account. When I put all things together, it raises some flags for me. Hence my comment saying this is likely another post calling for a nerf.

My suspicions are just that, suspicions. I might be wrong, very wrong actually. I tried to give a bit of leeway on grounds of benefit of the doubt. That's why my original comment was with an intent of showing simply annoyance and frustration instead of a direct attack and a "shut up" to the poster.

Edit: the poster just said he actually wanted to know if it was worth using the weapon. In which case, then my original reply is indeed out of place.

Edited by HellEnforcer

6 minutes ago, HellEnforcer said:

Here, let me break it down a bit.

If you have been on the forum lately you might have noticed that most people asking calling anything OP or calling for nerfs are either new players with little knowledge or players with suspiciously low post count or a focus solely on one thing. He has low post count (this really means nothing on its own, really)

The title is calling something OP, albeit in a question format.

The post itself contains no question whatsoever, it is simply calling the weapon OP and a few reasons (be it guesses or tested and founded. I can't tell, I don't own the weapon yet).

Then, among the reasons is a statement saying that something other people say it makes the weapon balanced is not true (once again, I have no idea, I don't own the gun). In addition saying he uses it a lot.

My conclusion. He is not asking anything at all (makes me wonder why this is on this forum section); he is plainly calling something OP; he has a fairly new account. When I put all things together, it raises some flags for me. Hence my comment saying this is likely another post calling for a nerf.

My suspicions are just that, suspicions. I might be wrong, very wrong actually. I tried to give a bit of leeway on grounds of benefit of the doubt. That's why my original comment was with an intent of showing simply annoyance and frustration instead of a direct attack and a "shut up" to the poster.

Edit: the poster just said he actually wanted to know if it was worth using the weapon. In which case, then my original reply is indeed out of place.

Look at the title again

Just now, xX0SolarHawk0Xx said:

ok, uh my point of dis post was to ask the readers for their thoughts of the redeemer, and get advice on should i use it or not, not as a plz nerf post

I would like to suggest putting that on the first post. As it currently is, it sounds a lot more like you are simply calling the weapon OP and nothing else.

Also, I see no reason to not use a weapon that yourself consider OP. If your problem is killing the synthesis target, then simply use the slam attack and scan it while its recovering. Why would you attack the target to begin with?

Edit: I would also like to apologize to you. Although I consider my comments to not be wrong considering the confusion, I do realize they are harsh if your actual intent was another.

Edited by HellEnforcer

2 minutes ago, HellEnforcer said:

I would like to suggest putting that on the first post. As it currently is, it sounds a lot more like you are simply calling the weapon OP and nothing else.

Also, I see no reason to not use a weapon that yourself consider OP. If your problem is killing the synthesis target, then simply use the slam attack and scan it while its recovering. Why would you attack the target to begin with?

Yeah about dat, the target always bundles up with other enemies, and makes it hard for me to only kill the enmy infront of it without killing the actual thing, ty for the advide though

7 minutes ago, HellEnforcer said:

Edit: I would also like to apologize to you. Although I consider my comments to not be wrong considering the confusion, I do realize they are harsh if your actual intent was another.

Np, im not offended, so dont feel bad at all, ty 4 ur advice

Redeemer is powerful, easy to use, easy to mod, and perfectly capable of carrying you through high-level content. True, other weapons out-perform it in various areas, but it's very well rounded: sure, the shot isn't as powerful as Tigris (but you don't need to reload!) and the damage isn't as good as War, but you can't swing your tigris at enemies, and you can kill people with your War from 30m away.

Build it, try it, and you're likely to fall in love with it. It's a weapon you should definately give a go.

I should also add that Redeemer is a very unique weapon - No other weapon performs quite like it does. I personally use it when I want to level up other gear - since it's both gun and melee, and shotgun with punch through, yet relatively accurate at medium ranges, it can perform adequately in nearly every situation.

Got a single tough target? Redeemer can take care of it (especially since every pellet has a chance to status proc -> combine with corrosive to deal with highly armoured targets).
Got multiple weak targets grouped? Redeemer can remove lots of them with a single shot, clearing doorways with ease.
Got swarmed and surrounded? Use the melee. OR, use the charged shot - enemies up to 4m around you are ragdolled by the blast even if you don't hit them, opening them up for the sweet, sweet ground finisher.
Target in cover? Redeemer has innate punch-through with the charged shot.

Mod it with 2 damage/status effect mods, and you're looking at 2 status procs per charged shot on avarage. With corrosive, this means stripping about 45% of the targets armour -before- dealing the damage, making the weapon scale pretty nicely.

I find the redeemer pretty wimpy and weak....

when the enemies are around level 160, 180 or higher.

Its my go-to weapon of choice on all frames.  Mobbed by melee?  Ragdoll them all with one attack, then quickly finish them.  Mass of infected charging you, or a corridor full of grineer?  Boom.  Something big, tough and nasty being annoying?  Doubletap headshot and the problem is probably gone, if not, a quick finisher follow up takes care of it.  All with quick melee attacks, and the channeled hits harder.

Just stuck a forma on that primary?  Leave the secondary at home and bring the redeemer.

It also feels like cheating during melee-only events.

Edited by Lt.Warhound

Depends on what you intend on using it for. As a backup, it is great but as a primary, it is awkward to use but can still be used (note: I have not got high noon stance mod meaning that I have only a good idea on the base weapon). 

On 8 June 2016 at 6:42 PM, R34LM said:

It is powerful, but it falls off in later levels because it can't trigger combo counter just by the shots, and it isn't crit heavy to really set of blood rush or Naramon.

However, I use it in most stealth missions when I can't fit any other high power single shots in my setup.

this also applies and that is why I recommend the use of a primary weapon.