Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

should prices of prime warframes be higher? Or should the prices of warframes in the in game market be lower?

I just thought about the fact that the prime warframes in trade chat are actually lower than the normal warframe u can buy from the market. Lets use ash prime as an example. U can normaly buy her for 200 to 220 plat from players, but the normal ash from market is 375, dats a 150 plat difference! Even with the warframe slot and potatoe, which are only worth 40p in total, its still kinda awkward, and i srsly think the prices of the normal warframes from the market should be a bit lower.

plz post ur thoughts about ty

Edited by xX0SolarHawk0Xx

1 minute ago, xX0SolarHawk0Xx said:

I just thought about the fact that the prime warframes in trade chat are actually lower than the normal warframe u can buy from the market. Lets use ash prime as an example. U can normaly buy her for 200 to 220 plat from players, but the normal ash from market is 375, dats a 150 plat difference! Even with the warframe slot and potatoe, which are only worth 40p in total, its still kinda awkward, and i srsly think the prices of the normal warframes from the market should be a bit lower.

plz post ur thoughts about ty

yeah except, with that 150 plat difference you also get a potato'd ready made frame and a slot. You buy a prime set from trade and you still need to take about 4 days to make it if you have the materials already, you need to potato it and you need an available slot.

I don't think it's the same value afterwards.

The only things actually worth buying from the market are potatoes and cosmetics. 

Yes they should be lower and at least of equal platinum cost, but who knows when DE will change it.

by equal I mean all Warframes should cost the same*

Edited by PogChamp322

I like the idea of tiered costs. Starter Warframes (Excalibur, Mag, Volt), Boss Warframes (Rhino, Valkyr, Ember, etc), and Quest Warframes (Atlas, Chroma, Mirage, Limbo, Inaros, etc). Cost based on acquisition difficulty I suppose.

4 minutes ago, PogChamp322 said:

The only things actually worth buying from the market are potatoes and cosmetics. 

Yes they should be lower and at least of equal platinum cost, but who knows when DE will change it.

by equal I mean all Warframes should cost the same*

Well maybe the starter frames should still be a bit cheaper

Purchasing the warframe gets you the frame, an inventory slot to keep it, and a potato already installed.

With the exception of prime access, every means of aquiring a prime warframe still requires that you build and assemble it yourself and upgrade it.

Taking all variables into consideration, I'd hardly say that prime warframes are cheaper. But buying frames from the market is still a little unbalanced, seeing as their platinum prices vary greatly even when they aren't part of a bundle.

Prices in the marketplace are set by "the market", and will vary with supply & demand.  These prices can go up if a 'frame becomes 'vaulted', and can also be affected by things like nerfs and buffs (buffs still happen...occasionally....don't they...?)  You and I set these prices, by our choice to buy or not buy at a given price.

Prices in the in-game market are set by DE, and reflect their decisions, which typically are unaffected by player choice.  Essentially, they are 'Here's the price, buy it or not'.  These prices absolutely do not reflect supply & demand, as DE's "supply" of them is infinite.

Public Service Announcement.  Your mileage may vary.

I think that prices should stay same,because if prime warframes become expensive it will be easier to get plat,and if normal warframes become cheaper there would be a less need to buy a plat. 

And also,Ash is male.

12 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

DE would rather you farm for frames than buy them anyway. They just leave the option open if you insist on paying for a frame.

Ummm, no.  Can't agree.  If you farm a 'frame, DE makes no money.  If you buy it with Plat, you had to give DE actual money for that Plat, and thus DE makes money.  DE is a business after all, so they would ABSOLUTELY rather you paid them for WHATEVER you want.  They allow us to farm damn near everything because they're good people and great devs.

Why pay at all? it's one thing I don't understand. 1/2 of this game's content is the grind to get the stuff. Cosmetics and slots are the only things you really HAVE to buy. And even those can be free if you play it right and sell stuff for plat

Everything in this game is either worth your time or your money. It's your choice what each item is worth.

Edited by Mutt2679