Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SHOULD HUNHOWS GIFT COST LESS?

2 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

But who does that?  If someone needs 600 plat, who buys it at the smallest yet most expensive price?  That like someone wanting to buy a dozen of those little energy shots, but instead of buying a dozen for $10 at Target, they go to a convenience store and purchase them at $3 each for $36.

Don't forget that plat can be earned in game as well so Hunhow's isn't a cash only item.

and that is why i mentioned the 50$ price first instead of 40$ because I know players are smarter than that

well  im sure some like me still got no clue  how to trade stuff for plat  or dont have worthwhile stuff to sell  or both

I think it's worth the price it is currently at. As another person said, one of the great things about it is not having to sacrifice your Broken-War (which is easily one of the strongest swords in the game) to make the actual War (which happens to be one of the best great swords in the game). 

You also get some awesome cosmetics that honestly look really great in my opinion. Also even though Stalker is technically the only person who has the cosmetics in-universe, I love the idea of wearing something made out of the bones of one of the Tenno's most deadly adversaries as if you took it as a trophy and are taunting the Sentients. 

Changing the price now would cause issues, because people have already bought it for that price and how is that fair to them if you change the price after they bought it for the previous one? It isn't, everyone would be revolting and asking for their plat back. I for one, would not be happy if they lowered the price.

Patience my man, you can't get rich overnight.  Persist and you'll find some buyers eventually.  But as a tip, full sets are generally much easier to sell and usually go for more than individual pieces.  If anything, you could try completing your wyrm and bo sets and sell the whole thing for more than you payed.  Gotta get in touch with that inner corpus, profit is a way of life.

1 minute ago, Saltify said:

Changing the price now would cause issues, because people have already bought it for that price and how is that fair to them if you change the price after they bought it for the previous one? It isn't, everyone would be revolting and asking for their plat back. I for one, would not be happy if they lowered the price.

They brought back the 140$ Misa Prime Syandana for 60$. It upset me and a lot of others who paid the original price, but I learned to accept it and became happy for those who got another chance at obtaining it. 

You have to take in account that the entirety of this game's content is rather expensive, but it's countered with the availability to trade for Platinum. In the world of gaming's marketing practices it is simply beyond unheard of. This has allowed them to continue adding content at unreasonable values without question, however they are not unreasonable with said trading features.

Should it be one of the most expensive bundles in the Market? I simply cannot refute that idea. We don't know the original value of the included items. Sure, we could compare them to the average values on the Market, but it would be difficult to come up with acceptable data.

Just be glad that you can get premium currency without spending a dime, unlike with the bi-monthly Prime accessory bundles that are side by side with triple A title values for merely two shiny cosmetics with long-lasting boosters, which are possibly the major cause of the value itself in the first place.

1 hour ago, Retepzednem said:

50$ for a sword is unreasonable

1 hour ago, Troll_Logic said:

Ummmm, Where is 600 plat $50?

39.6$

ER52qd3_700wa_0.gif

For precise calculation

1 plat = 0.0665333333$

50% off 1 plat = 0.0332666667$

75% off 1 plat = 0.0166333333$

Edited by Zari2015

i only ever purchase platinum when i get a 75% discount. that's USD $50 for 4300 plat. price of Hunhow's gift is fine. toggling numbers to suit your complaints is fine by me. but i dont see the need for a thread for this. if you don't think the items are worth the platinum price, then dont spend your platinum on it.

i do believe its worth the price due to the fact that War has to be farmed from the stalker....and there's still people who don't have the original stalker weapons as yet.

No one in their right mind would go through with a dueling bet. Host always has the advantage.

Either way, it's a bit late to question the price tag of the set. I for one think it's an overrated sword, and I couldn't care less about the fluff contained within the bundle since I wouldn't use half the things in there anyway. I'm pretty darn certain I'm not paying 600 plat for an Impact-based sword either, the worst damage type in the game.

Nah, I'll get it through farming eventually for the mastery. Who knows, by the time I get War, Galatine Prime will probably be a thing and hopefully blow War out of the water. Galatine can cut stuff into pieces.

This thread has veered off topic to quasi-personal attacks (now removed) and discussion about how easy it is to earn Platinum. I'm locking this post to prevent further derailment. Debating the value of an item's cost in the market is 100% allowed and encouraged, but unfortunately that is not what's going on here.