The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A real bastard sword

Gwenwed

19 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

I would have rather waited another 6 months for a split sword that can actually split mid mission.

Word for word what I said to my friend yesterday.. Please DE, re-release this weapon in the future

56 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

stradavar is amazing... mine out-dps's literally everyone I squad up with, has no recoil, and feels absolutely solid.  it's become one of my main primaries.  dps dropoff is always going to be a thing, and I wouldn't bring it to an endurance t4 surv, but it's amazing at what it's supposed to do.

I would have to ask how many Formas you've put on it, as well as your mod loadout, because a regular Karak can out-DPS a Stradavar.

19 minutes ago, Camelslayer said:

I would have to ask how many Formas you've put on it, as well as your mod loadout, because a regular Karak can out-DPS a Stradavar.

I'd also question what sort of people he is teaming up with.

1 hour ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

The Stradavar may be a complete joke in it's own right, but someone like you should know that it's better, right? RIGHT?

8,000 Polymer bundles and 3 Neural sensors, sub-par stats, and unlocked only at MR8. And all this is for a glorified Braton Prime, who's only selling point is that it looks like a Lewis LMG.

Hell atleast this weapon has versatility and can hurt alloy-armored enemies with the innate radiation damage. Stradavar's only use is a flavor gun who's shtick quickly wears off when you start going against a heavy unit.

1 hour ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

And about the Kohmaks... I'm not going to even give you a reply to that misinformation.

Overpriced for what it does. I was expecting something consuming 5000 plastids and a forma each to be...I donno, powerful out of the gate?

Edited by Alma_Elma

2 hours ago, Alma_Elma said:

Overpriced for what it does. I was expecting something consuming 5000 plastids and a forma each to be...I donno, powerful out of the gate?

Twin Kohmaks are supposed to be some sort of "hidden OP" with the doubled Ammo pool, because the Fire rate and amount of bullets being shot out ramps up the longer it is firing.

Obviously that means yu eat ammo way faster and thus is still garbo over the regular ones which cost way less to build. 

4 hours ago, AXCrusnik said:

I would have rather waited another 6 months for a split sword that can actually split mid mission.

while it may seem like a missed opportunity for now, there's always the chance that DE could go back later on and create a new stance for this weapon so we can see it's true potential.

besides, at this rate it might be 6 months before we see the SplitSword as it is hit consoles. looks like we're not getting an update till U19....

10 hours ago, Camelslayer said:

Spoiler

a07e420dd1.jpg

6k crits on a regular basis with regular fire, 10k with alt.  

regular karak doesn't stand a chance - the crit on the stradavar is deadly for an assault rifle.

3 hours ago, Firefly0037 said:
  Hide contents

a07e420dd1.jpg

regular karak doesn't stand a chance - the crit on the stradavar is deadly for an assault rifle.

Just curious, what unit and what level were they when you got those numbers?

3 hours ago, Firefly0037 said:
  Hide contents

a07e420dd1.jpg

Yeah, you're stretching the truth, especially when it comes to the alleged 4k damage bonus from semi-auto. Funny, seeing as semi-auto does not get a damage bonus.
Let's not forget it also took 4 Forma to even achieve any of that.

I'm glad at least it's a weapon that works for someone, but don't try to stretch the numbers to make it look better than it is.

Edited by Camelslayer

16 hours ago, Gwenwed said:

Heya all,

The recent split sword is great. Thanks to all the designers!

But eventually, why not create a real Bastard Sword, where we could change stance mid-fight, from one hand to two. It would be awesome to switch from a fast two hand high status style and then to a lower speed precise high damage (or whatever the designers can come up with). I feel the two latest release weapons are a step in the right direction but now it could be pushed forward in a more dynamic playstyle.

Cheers!

I don't see why you can't switch a normal, single one-handed weapon to two-handed. There are 0 advantages in fighting using only one hand.

3 hours ago, Camelslayer said:

Yeah, you're stretching the truth, especially when it comes to the alleged 4k damage bonus from semi-auto. Funny, seeing as semi-auto does not get a damage bonus.
Let's not forget it also took 4 Forma to even achieve any of that.

I'm glad at least it's a weapon that works for someone, but don't try to stretch the numbers to make it look better than it is.

actually, I've seen the 10k plenty of times haha I'd have a screenshot, but no use debating with someone if they refuse to listen to someone who has experience first hand and uses the thing on almost every mission.

4 hours ago, Alma_Elma said:

Just curious, what unit and what level were they when you got those numbers?

about 30ish.  the dps starts dropping off fast at level 55.  I typically carry my sonicor with me if I want to go further than level 55, but usually at that point, I'm already bored lolol like I said, not an end game weapon, but it's good at what it does for its tier.

1 hour ago, Firefly0037 said:

actually, I've seen the 10k plenty of times haha I'd have a screenshot, but no use debating with someone if they refuse to listen to someone who has experience first hand and uses the thing on almost every mission.

You don't get it- you're phrasing it as if it gets a damage bonus from semi-auto. Or that's certainly how it comes across. That's why I'm questioning it- not because it couldn't deal a 10k crit, but because that's a lot of extra damage to just pop out of nowhere from full auto to semi auto.

8 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

I don't see why you can't switch a normal, single one-handed weapon to two-handed. There are 0 advantages in fighting using only one hand.

reason you cant switch onehanded swords to two handed use in warframe is because it is not dark souls.... obviously

14 hours ago, Firefly0037 said:

about 30ish.  the dps starts dropping off fast at level 55.  I typically carry my sonicor with me if I want to go further than level 55, but usually at that point, I'm already bored lolol like I said, not an end game weapon, but it's good at what it does for its tier.

Its an MR8 weapon, it has a higher requirement than the Soma and Tonkor, and those two you could take for end-game.

That's kinda bad for a weapon that has been polarized 6 times to not be able to deliver a decent performance at higher levels. Hell even my unpolarized Karak Wraith performs well enough against LV50s.

9 hours ago, Pro3Display said:

reason you cant switch onehanded swords to two handed use in warframe is because it is not dark souls.... obviously

Lol yeah, but it's counter-intuitive as fu ck. If we are to compare it to RL, if you didn't used a shield in the off hand, there was 0 reason not to two-hand even smaller weapons.

1 hour ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Lol yeah, but it's counter-intuitive as fu ck. If we are to compare it to RL, if you didn't used a shield in the off hand, there was 0 reason not to two-hand even smaller weapons.

there is a reason not to hold a one handed weapon with two hands: you can use 2nd hand to parry.

the inability to parry with a bare hand in warframe is another story though

2 hours ago, Pro3Display said:

there is a reason not to hold a one handed weapon with two hands: you can use 2nd hand to parry.

the inability to parry with a bare hand in warframe is another story though

No, that was just a DS balancing stuff, a reason why you would single hand stuff. There is no ridiculous empty hand / fist parry. At least, if you don't want to break your hand.

3 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

No, that was just a DS balancing stuff, a reason why you would single hand stuff. There is no ridiculous empty hand / fist parry. At least, if you don't want to break your hand.

oh wait you meant to not use it with 2 hand in DS

i though actual medieval application 

and it can be done without breaking your hand because you can lead your opponent's hand away not putting it in the way like a barrier

34 minutes ago, Pro3Display said:

oh wait you meant to not use it with 2 hand in DS

i though actual medieval application 

and it can be done without breaking your hand because you can lead your opponent's hand away not putting it in the way like a barrier

You do that with the weapon, by two-handing it. The only thing remotely close to what you mean is grabbing your opponent with the other hand, but that is after you properly survived initially. And that is done either by two-handing a weapon or using a weapon and shield, not ridiculously punching a weapon...

On 10.6.2016 at 5:45 AM, SoIaris said:

I have seen topics similar to this before and have been intrigued by them nonetheless its just, how do you think programming works and how in the sentient tomb do you think this is going to be intuitive in terms of design and gameplay. It's pretty hard to focus on using proper melee combos in high level content because up there guns, for the most part, outclass melee only if you are ever not in melee range without some sort of movement ability or cc. How would this be used then? I understand this is probably from a casual, fun player point of view but it seems like this would be useless to a huge amount of the community. This new sword is great because it allows a wider choice than other melee weapons so far, but at least it's contained and, in my mind, still useful. Maybe I'm just ranting after seeing another topic like this, but honestly it seems more like a waste of resources than anything. 

sorry for any hard feelings

EDIT: if this is how they intended to do what we had asked for beforehand I feel like it would have been done on release

Well,most weapons are useless to a huge amount of the community.Also most frames are useless to a huge amount of the community.I have never realy seen someone use the Obex (a weapon currently play a lot).Neither have I seen someone use the Opticor.Neither have I seen the Karak,Burston,Daikyu,Drakgoon,Aklato,Akzani,Dual Toxocyst,Nami Solo,Dual Cleavers...just to mention a few.

The possibility to change "stance" mid fight would give this weapon more diversity,a niche.In some sitiuation it may actually be usefull but in the current state...You want a strong heavy blade weapon?Well,pick yourself a War (propaly the best heavy blade weapon).Want a strong dual sword?Pick yourselt the Dual-Zoren.

This weapon (stats-wise) doesn't look that good.Changing the stance isn't as important to be a versatile weapon than having many options to mod this weapon.With a 10% crit chance it isn't a good crit weapon.Yes,you can make a status weapoon but there are better weapon to use like the Attarex or the Lacera.

Yes it may be a little bit more difficult to programm such a weapon...but only slightly more difficult.At least such a weapon would be something fresh rather than having 2 weapons of which you can choose one...something we already have in Warframe with much better and way more options to choose from.

originally they intended to make a completely new stance

seems that might have been too time consuming to produce for just one weapon and so it was released like this to get the weapon in our hands after such a long wait since announcement 

personally i wouldnt have minded waiting longer for actual split swords but its understandable also if it was a time sink

6 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

Katanas are essentially bastard swords, so we already have them.

Lol, Katanas are about the most different thing from a Bastard Sword. A Bastard Sword is very similar to a Longsword, so a straight, heavier, double edged sword (and with proper guard) that can be used one-handed, but recommended as two-handed.