Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stradavar Rework Idea

DarkBlueNinja

I love the concept of this weapon and its ability to switch fire rates to mix up game play, but I and many other feel it fell short of its mastery rank requirements. 

Here is how I would rework it:

Increase damage all round, with Simi-auto having higher damage and status like 35% status, but low crit chance and multiplier I.e. 18% and 1.8. Full Auto would be like the soma having lower base damage, but high crit chance but low status. 28% crit chance and 2.7 multiplier, status around 10%.

I feel that this would be great for end game players and would bring this weapon to an interesting place in a fire fight. mowing down weak targets in full auto, or weakening heavily armored or shielded targets in Simi auto. 

I hope you all find this feed back interesting, and if you have anything constructive please feel free to add something. My goal for the full-auto was not to make a soma clone, but rather it be the mode to use primarily for high burst and be the finishing blow for a "debuffed" heavy unit.

Edited by DarkBlueNinja
READ I say damage increase.

More than the crit rate needs to change, it really needs to be two weapons in one rather than the same weapon with a crit chance boost. So boosted stats in line with a latron should take effect when in semi-auto.

I do not intend to smack two weapons together into a new one with a fire rate change as the special thing about it, but I will say if it slightly weaker then them damage wise, like 5 or 10 point difference total it would be ok. I do understand that damage needs a buff, but I really intend to for the change of fire rate to play a major role. Simi Auto having good damage and really good status, and full auto being a crit monster with 15 point less damage total than the simi auto mode (this is a bit realistic, as well as balanced.) 

As a console player that only recently was given the opportunity to level the Stradavar:

I was disappointed the most with Semi-Auto mode: Half-life rate and if trigger is spammed Weapon acts funny....

If the Fire-rate is going to be halved it would be nice to have had Double Damage or possibly doubled Crit -savage

I think status chance is fine as is.

Primary Fire also seems fine as-is although an all around Crit chance boost would be welcomed. (Primary Auto-Fire from 10% to 15% and Secondary Semi-auto from 20% to 30%)

Currently it feels like a Dera Vandal/Karak Wraith/Braton Prime side-grade with high MR prerequisite.

Semi-auto mode is just too weak to be considered except where a player may want to use only a single shot....like shooting Disc in Kela fight*

Stradavar Semi-auto is not better than MR0 base Latron (30 damage with 5 fire rate, 20% Crit chance, and 5% status VS. 55 damage with 4.2 fire rate, 10 Crit chance, and 10 status.....same 2.0x Crit multiplier)

Doubling Semi-auto damage to 60 would place it above base Latron and make the switch to Semi-auto viable against just staying in full auto. (IMO)

-Latron Wraith, Latron Prime, Grinlok (Both Sybaris and Dex Sybaris) outperform like a joke

On 6/10/2016 at 3:03 PM, DarkBlueNinja said:

I love the concept of this weapon and its ability to switch fire rates to mix up game play, but I and many other feel it fell short of its mastery rank requirements. 

Here is how I would rework it:

Increase damage all round, with Simi-auto having higher damage and status like 35% status, but low crit chance and multiplier I.e. 18% and 1.8. Full Auto would be like the soma having lower base damage, but high crit chance but low status. 28% crit chance and 2.7 multiplier, status around 10%.

I feel that this would be great for end game players and would bring this weapon to an interesting place in a fire fight. mowing down weak targets in full auto, or weakening heavily armored or shielded targets in Simi auto. 

I hope you all find this feed back interesting, and if you have anything constructive please feel free to add something. My goal for the full-auto was not to make a soma clone, but rather it be the mode to use primarily for high burst and be the finishing blow for a "debuffed" heavy unit.

i would prefer that the high status be on the Full-auto mode while the higher damge and Crit be on the semi-Auto mode

I will say no, not every released weapon will be OP, the Stradavar, crafted it, play with it, just was not there, do DESERVE a good ammount of damage buff, and instant reload. 

However, if you going to TOTALLY BEEF this "Sun of a Gunz". add nerf: extremely bad recoil, because I think Semi and auto (burst) might be a weak work through for this gun.

Overall, I would give this gun a JK(I'm not ranking weapon, not yet, hopefully never).

Stradavar is a MR8 what? That is requirement for Syndicate Secondary, "please make this an end game weapon" ? Dude, you thing this weapon worth it?

Man, I try to persuade to raise most weapons crit and stat chance before, that even crazier. Stradavar is a MR 6 weapon at it is fit there.

What the lesson here? The Semi and Auto option is good, it another "BASIC" in things you could do with the game, already read your post on applying it to other weapon, I agree it COOL, more "little details" to the game.

That was my rant, conclusion is I said what I though this gun was worth, and if DE had plan to bring in End Game weapon, you should be seeing it already in game, and some more, but not just the regular version.(Do not forget the other weapon that require other weapon, those are literally what a bit better.)

Hey if you like the Stradavar, GOOD for you, there is still other LMG options available, and YES, I believe DE NEED to slight buff return for majority of weapon, because they are really a pain if you can not use them in PvE, not PvP. DE do what DE can, and I hope they are productive and happy. But hey DE, the community are here, hungry, we really need some Good News. 

Why is this so long, I am sorry, I would not like to go Forum, because I like to play as often as I can, and might not leave a reply this time.

Thanks for reading this post, you made it this far, take a break man. Come back refresh, and bring your best.

On 6/14/2016 at 5:42 PM, KiryuKusakabe said:

i would prefer that the high status be on the Full-auto mode while the higher damge and Crit be on the semi-Auto mode

Thanks for the feedback, and I could see how that could work. I do say that was is viable, and would add just as much use to the weapon as my idea. If you could come up with the stats for it it might help give a better idea to.

On 14/06/2016 at 9:29 PM, (PS4)MrNishi said:

As a console player that only recently was given the opportunity to level the Stradavar:

I was disappointed the most with Semi-Auto mode: Half-life rate and if trigger is spammed Weapon acts funny....

If the Fire-rate is going to be halved it would be nice to have had Double Damage or possibly doubled Crit -savage

I think status chance is fine as is.

Primary Fire also seems fine as-is although an all around Crit chance boost would be welcomed. (Primary Auto-Fire from 10% to 15% and Secondary Semi-auto from 20% to 30%)

Currently it feels like a Dera Vandal/Karak Wraith/Braton Prime side-grade with high MR prerequisite.

Semi-auto mode is just too weak to be considered except where a player may want to use only a single shot....like shooting Disc in Kela fight*

Stradavar Semi-auto is not better than MR0 base Latron (30 damage with 5 fire rate, 20% Crit chance, and 5% status VS. 55 damage with 4.2 fire rate, 10 Crit chance, and 10 status.....same 2.0x Crit multiplier)

Doubling Semi-auto damage to 60 would place it above base Latron and make the switch to Semi-auto viable against just staying in full auto. (IMO)

-Latron Wraith, Latron Prime, Grinlok (Both Sybaris and Dex Sybaris) outperform like a joke

I have been trying to convince myself to play with Stradavar instead of Buzlok but... Buzlok still cooler to play with. It got scope, "tracer" round, nice SFX and hit harder...