Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why you should wait to get your friends into WF.

SquireAngel

First off, lemme say that I'm not getting all 'WF is dying, abandon ship!'. This is a short summation of WF's current situation, and why you're more likely to get your friends hooked on this game later, rather than now.

First off, many vets currently recognize that WF is in a slump. It's ok, it happens to the most popular of games, by no means does this mean Wf is dying/dead. However, this does mean that less players are active, and the community is stagnating just a tiny bit. The solution to this is the main reason I recommend waiting on trying to get your friend involved in WF; the eagerly anticipated and seemingly elusive Update 19, the war within. In this patch, we have been promised SO very many things, one of the more relevant being updates to the new user experience. Star map 3.0 will see less clutter on the map, much clearer pathing, answering the all too familiar, 'now what?' many newbies face after the tutorial quests. Next, there is talk, and remarks in several devstreams of touches coming to mod fusion, polarities, and the over mod system being tweeked to dumb it down, to put it simply. Modding will still be a thing, ranking up mods will still be a core mechanic, but DE states that things are going to be much clearer, a possibility of differing polarities simply being removed, meaning formaing a space simply always halves the cost of the mod, clearing it up for new players, and keeping older players from 'accidental polarizations'. The streamlining of upgrading is moderately confirmed to be something too look for in the future, while the polarities was less solid. Simplicity for new players is always nice, however. Next, we'll be seeing weapons scaling off of level, meaning that leveling guns will actually grant more power, meaning lower MR, who lack rank ten every single core mod will see some ability to progress to moderately difficult missions. Enemy scaling is also going under the knife, as scaling was originally thought to provide balance for mr 8 players in the closed beta against lvl 20-30 enemies. 

While seemingly unimportant but actually important to a mild degree are some of the new implementations that will bring back long wandered away players, as May proved to be QUITE the fertile month for major titles in gaming. These vets will be there to run beside your companions and you, as well as explore the new Void system, Lunaro sport mode, new archwing modes and farm that new Healer Archwing, confirmed to be launching in 19, as well as a new class of primary weapon (Lazer Spear, for when you can't be bothered to reload and just chuck it), and the possibility of Akimbo (dual handed) primaries (this is very much conjecture, however, DE has talked about it, and had an official poll asking if we would like them, getting a fairly resounding F*** yes around the time they started messing with the stradavar, showcased the spear guns, and released dark dual swords and the Sibear hammer). 

Update 19 will be the best possible time to get your friends into wf, and I highly recommend waiting until then. It will be much easier on them with the refined new user experience coming, and having things much more laid out for them will increase their likelihood of sticking around. 

Unless you already got your friends into this game and has already moved on. For me, its more like " Why your friends should revisit the game". GG.

>.> Why am I the only one left in my group who still plays :C.

4 minutes ago, Calwon5 said:

Unless you already got your friends into this game and has already moved on. For me, its more like " Why your friends should revisit the game". GG.

>.> Why am I the only one left in my group who still plays :C.

Cause we had overwatch, Battleborn, a loud of other summer titles drop. Trust me, they'll mostly come back when u19 drops bruh. 

I've actually been telling people interested in WF to wait a bit. I've been playing for years, and I can see how many problems the new star chart will solve if they manage to nail it.

Super bummed they had to delay SC3.0 from the initial rollout of U19, but I understand why. There are some systemic problems (enemy scaling, cheese) and lots of archaic layers of code that need to be gutted and rebuilt from scratch. They said they're "blocked", which suggests to me some specific problem has halted development of the star chart. I'd be curious to know what's going on internally right now. They even cancelled this week's devstream. The tone in that announcement seemed to indicate U19 is coming very soon.

In the meantime, I think warframe right now is in a situation whereby I would try to avoid grinding for prime parts in the void unless I really need it. Even at this point in time, mastery rank is still pretty insignificant to me cos of.. cough cough.. draco...XD. Even recently a friend of mine came back a while, invited me to farm for saryn prime parts, after 2 t4 ext runs, rages quit, leaving me alone again. The grind is really tough in this game right now that even my founder friends have left to play other games. I really hope they address this serious grind issue when U19 comes so that it will be attractive enough to tempt players to come back.

Quitters will quit.

Even thou I don't want to, i can agree to this thread and to OP.

Actually it seems like DE are preparing for official launch after long years of open beta. Even if not so, i still support balancing over new content. Let the quitters quit and come back in shameful regret later.

most of my friends have gone back to the likes of Dragon Age: Inquisition and Borderlands; the Handsome Collection. I'm still playing Borderlands and the occasional match of Overwatch in between my grind as a Tenno.

U19 will hopefully be full of new QoL changes that will make the game much easier, and with DE willing to postpone Devstreams to focus on bringing us U19, I'm semi-confident it's gonna be pretty ace!

lol you guys are dreaming if you think U19 will make this situation better.. it will only be more grind for less as it has always been.. this is the trend since archwing change-up of how many mods or resources can be on the ground, and every update players keep fooling themselves that the next update it will get better lmao.