Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I officially don't want to play this game any more.

(PSN)Lord_Silvador

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Silvador said:

Yes. I am complaining. I won't deny it. In fact, I'm proud of it. Because nothing ever changed for the better without someone first voicing their disagreement for how it was presently. Sure, maybe nothing will happen. In fact, it's probably likely. But if no one complains, then it's certain nothing will change.

I'm all for a difficult enemy. Grineer Napalms and the like were difficult (before I got my Boltor to where it is now), but they weren't to such a point that they were only infuriating. I still enjoyed fighting them and I certainly didn't dread facing them. They made me want to pay attention and put in 120% effort. But these things are like trying to tear down a brick wall with a rubber mallet. And I intend to exercise my right to express my disagreement with such a situation.

You should not be proud of it on this case. You are in disagreement over something that has a solution and you apparently do not either use it or do it correctly.

Napalms are by no means a difficult enemy, you are comparing a bullet sponge with a strong attack with an enemy that actually requires tactics to beat.

Just now, (PS4)Lord_Silvador said:

Yes, and as it has already been said, and not even by me (specifically), getting behind and shooting a Bursa in the back, on console, not as easy as it sounds. Their turn rate isn't nearly as slow as people make them out to be. As for coming up with ideas, gee, how nice would it be if everyone who played a game was a game designer.

It is slow... Especially the isolator and Denial Bursa. All you do is keep your distance and circle around them. That's how slow the turn rate is.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Lord_Silvador said:

Yes, and as it has already been said, and not even by me (specifically), getting behind and shooting a Bursa in the back, on console, not as easy as it sounds. Their turn rate isn't nearly as slow as people make them out to be. As for coming up with ideas, gee, how nice would it be if everyone who played a game was a game designer.

You yourself, just said, you like playing Rhino, Rhino has an ability that can Stun/CC crowds of enemies.... They turn faster? have you tried to jump kick them, ground slam it?

You can even jump over it and such.....

23 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

All you elitists and P2W people can "deal with them no sweat" blah blah blah

First off, there's no such thing as P2W in Warframe, because you can, and should, get every weapon and frame for free by crafting it. The only thing that you can only buy with plat is cosmetic items.

Second, you don't have to be an elite to kill a Bursa, just aim for something other than its shield, flank and shoot it in the side or back if you have the opportunity, and make use of any helpful abilities you might have, but for the love of god don't melee them unless you've got Naramon or an exalted weapon up, because they will stunlock you to death. Also, Isolator Bursa bubbles can be removed by rolling.

Thirdly, Corpus in general are horribly designed and anti-fun, and if you think a miniboss that only shows up when you've screwed up is bad, wait until Sortie-level Sapping Ospreys and Nullifiers come out to play, or just go try to fight the Hyena Pack.

15 minutes ago, VoidWraith said:

You don't HAVE to kill every enemy, unless it's an endless mission (in which case, you should really learn to adapt).

This is my first post on this forum. I can't say more about bursa and the trend to give enemies more armor and damage while nerfing players, than I said in that thread.

Edited by Flirk2

1 minute ago, VoidWraith said:

You don't HAVE to kill every enemy, unless it's an endless mission (in which case, you should really learn to adapt).

Haven't played much extermination, have you. Let's see what you have to say when the last enemy of your extermination mission is dead and while you are ON YOUR WAY to turn the alarm off, a Bursa spawns and @!#$ you in the A.

If I wanted to quit, I would. I don't want to quit. But if I can no longer find enjoyment in the game, what point is there in playing? That is why I am here, voicing my issue in the hopes that maybe, just maybe, someone with the right power will hear my words and give enough of a dam that change will occur. What change? Good question. Let me just go out and get a designing degree so that I can come up with some ideas.

You do know what the purpose of a forum is, right?

I remember my first encounter with one of these enemies. Wasn't pretty and I wasn't happy, so instead of making a forum thread, 'threatening' to leave unless DE obliged to my demands. (ps noone cares if you do) 

I found out that shooting them in the backpanel was the road to success. However they turn around pretty fast. As you can see this is quite a troublesome pickle we got here. So try and use some of your warframes abilities, I bet some of them might get you around that phat a.. front shields and get that phat panels.. Now I could tell you which frames and what abilities to use but as you said, I don't have any troubles with bursas since elitist so, I'll leave you with this.

Spoiler

I officially don't want you to play this game any more.

Edited by haloamted
meh nevermind

Just now, (PS4)Lord_Silvador said:

Haven't played much extermination, have you. Let's see what you have to say when the last enemy of your extermination mission is dead and while you are ON YOUR WAY to turn the alarm off, a Bursa spawns and @!#$ you in the A.

If I wanted to quit, I would. I don't want to quit. But if I can no longer find enjoyment in the game, what point is there in playing? That is why I am here, voicing my issue in the hopes that maybe, just maybe, someone with the right power will hear my words and give enough of a dam that change will occur. What change? Good question. Let me just go out and get a designing degree so that I can come up with some ideas.

Try playing a different faction....

Also, if you're going to complain, at least try to find a problem to counter it. There are TONS of them out there..

4 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

First off, there's no such thing as P2W in Warframe, because you can, and should, get every weapon and frame for free by crafting it. The only thing that you can only buy with plat is cosmetic items.

Second, you don't have to be an elite to kill a Bursa, just aim for something other than its shield, flank and shoot it in the side or back if you have the opportunity, and make use of any helpful abilities you might have, but for the love of god don't melee them unless you've got Naramon or an exalted weapon up, because they will stunlock you to death. Also, Isolator Bursa bubbles can be removed by rolling.

Thirdly, Corpus in general are horribly designed and anti-fun, and if you think a miniboss that only shows up when you've screwed up is bad, wait until Sortie-level Sapping Ospreys and Nullifiers come out to play, or just go try to fight the Hyena Pack.

Uh...I didn't say that, only quoted it.

Still agree with OP, though. Bursa are pretty painful.

More importantly though...they are NOT Fun or enjoyable to fight against.

Yes, and as I've said, playing Grineer and Infestation only will only get me so far. For one, that leaves almost half the map locked, so stiff biscutis if there's anything there I want or need to progress. Secondly, Have you TRIED leveling a weapon meant for killing Corpus on Grineer or Infestation planets? Not so good, is it.

People are giving you advice, and tactics on how to deal with it, and here you are, still trying to justify your point?

You haven't even given ANY constructive feedback, on what change you want to see? All you have said is that you want it changed. How? You don't need a degree. Explain your thoughts. 

Extermination can be done quickly, and unnoticed, or guns-blazing. There are ways to deal with any enemies. Are they always fun? No. Should it be? Not always. Not everything is fun. If everything is "fun" (highly doubtful) it will eventually become stagnant. 

Also like someone has mentioned, fun is very relative to the person/ individual.

don't attack Bursas from the front. that's all there is to it.
however, their Rotation Speed while in Defensive Mode should be reduced a bit to make not using CC Abilities more viable.

despite, expecting the Player to do more than press forward and click on Enemies is not a very tall order.

Edit:

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

let Nullifiers make 3/4 of them obsolete.

you mean, more like make 1/15 of them 'obsolete', right?

Edited by taiiat

Okay so what you're saying is you encountered a new tough enemy since you returned to warframe to see whats new and what you're doing is crying/complaining because you don't like it and haven't figured out how to beat it. Wow what a shame you have to move around to kill an enemy instead of standing in one spot and just shooting it in the face. 
god forbid this game have enemies with actual strategies to kill instead of everything being OHKO or a big bullet sponge. Bad game design right? Jeez kid listen to yourself

Yes, and as I've said, playing Grineer and Infestation only will only get me so far. For one, that leaves almost half the map locked, so stiff biscutis if there's anything there I want or need to progress. Secondly, Have you TRIED leveling a weapon meant for killing Corpus on Grineer or Infestation planets? Not so good, is it.

Not really. There's also Corrupted and also. Grineer and Infested make up more than half of the star chart so I have no idea where you got that. And yes, I have leveled a weapon meant for killing Corpus on Grineer and Infestation and was SUCCESSFUL. I'll even be nice to name them : Jat Kitaag, Bo Prime, Vaykor Marelok, Fragor Prime, Vectis, Grakata, Gorgon, Strun, Twin Wraith Vipers, and the Furax Wrath. Get this: I WAS SUCCESSFUL and it was "good."

My first encounter was a 2v1 on a defense mission (2 bursas, one me). It was hard, but every enemy has weakness. Just keep on maneuvering behind them and unloading into their pannels. May work for you. 

Having tenno buddies is also invaluable. People to take hits from and deal hits to those monstrosities help. Lots.

Or you could be cheesy like me and just Devour them entirely.

I'm far from the best player at this game, but the first time I fought a Bursa it wasn't that bad. That's most likely from Dark Souls teaching me to step back, analyze the situation, and then attack; instead of just wildly swinging. All you need to do is jump over its head, hit it right up the rear, and hack it to gain a buddy.

well first thing im gonna say is SALT POST now to my serious post

at first i hated bursas and i did not care for alarms and i could not kill them but after a few weeks and me testing other weapons i randomly found out that explosive weapons are actually really good with them because before the only weapon i could think and that i had that would kill bursas would be spaming the acrid with viral on them and waiting until they died but then i got my secura penta and had my talons (explosive thrown weapon) because i forgot to bring my acrid for the corpus and then i was trying out the talons on them and it stuned them and the penta just destroyed them and found my strategy to kill bursas is always keep moving and shoot explosives at their backs as the front shield reduces dmg the back is more vulnerable and most explosives will actually stun them for a second and the only sort of problem i have is with the drover type as some times i wait for them to charge at me then i jump over their heads and start shooting  or i wait until they get stuck on a corner

so bursas not only did teach me that warframe is truly a game about variation sure in end game u cant just bring a low dmg weapon and hoping to do something else but on normal play u can and should test new weapons and try out as many as u can not only for MR but for fun and to find the best weapon for u instead of checking the wiki and staying with the tonkor and the new sentient enemies just reinforce that because with them u either do enough dmg to kill them or u have a varied arsenal and the other thing i learned with bursas is never let the alarms on now the juggernaut i cant really kill and for fear whenever he roars i imediatly stop killing the infested and i hope one day i find out how to kill them and with the sentients i only killed one by sheer luck and havent found out my own way to deal with them but i know one day i will look back and remember how hard it was before and then wait until the grineer counterpart of these enemies

in short what im saying is dont stick with one weapon even if an enemy is annoying just repeat until u learn just like dark souls u die but u learn and dont stick with one weapon try diferent things and find the one that is good for that situation and one day u will find the right weapons, playstyle and strategies for u

now sorry for wall of text and bad english and again SALT POST

10 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Uh...I didn't say that, only quoted it.

Still agree with OP, though. Bursa are pretty painful.

More importantly though...they are NOT Fun or enjoyable to fight against.

Could have sworn I quoted the OP there, whose sanctimonious face my post is directed to. Guess something went wrong.

Not to be part of the "git gud" crowd, but I cant see what the problem is really.

I have had one or two problems with bursas, but same as with all other enemies in the game its just a matte of trying and trying until you find a way that suits you best when it comes to bringing them down.

I am partial to loki invisibility to avoid triggering and shooting them in the back, but each to their own.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lord_Silvador said:

For the love of sanity, please, PLEASE do something about these... abominations. Get rid of them. Nerf them. Make them killable so that I can actually finish a Corpus mission without risking having an aneurysm.

Two things:
1) Do you ask the dev team to heed to YOUR caprices?
1.5) You'd better don't read the second point if your psyche is as weak as your knack
1.9) You've been warned
2) Many people enjoy enemies like bursas, juggernauts, and maniacs. Not everyone likes to sweep whole battalions of  lancer-type enemies, but you don't give a damn about those "elitists" and "P2Winners" amusement, right?