Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Rules!

[DE]Steve

You need to fix Lunaro servers... ( I can't play in my own team coz its auto balances ) also need to make Lunaro Rank System and Penalty system for leaving in the middle of game... lets make it Competitive Sport , not just for a scrubs who enters and destroyes the mood of the sport.. (Griefing)

2 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

Like everything else in this game (except Relays), Lunaro is player-hosted. But yeah, matchmaking shouldn't touch pre-made teams unless you're more than 3.

still, Lunaro is a great Mode, i think its need simple fixes , good matchmaking, and its gonna go up in popularity..

Next Lunaro update should do something about the matchmaking.

After the latest hotfix, it's been an impossible task to start a Lunaro game. I somewhat understand the requirement of a 3 man teams to start the game, but if you add on top of that the fact that the game will only pair you with people with a similar rank to yours and you'll be sitting there waiting for 20 mins to start. Again, I understand that newer players should play against other new players - it's a good idea to have that, but in reality when a player reaches the max rank in conclave, things get really bad. Most of the high rank players just play the PvP stuff since they already got the "op mods" and they just stick to the things they are good at - again, understandable. However, Lunaro is a new game mode. There aren't that many "pro" players there. Like, I've played against people that are Typhoon-rank (so max rank in conclave) and they were really "new" to Lunaro. 

So to fix this problem, I was thinking first that a separate rank system would do just fine, however - it won't. The problem will just come again once certain players reach the top. Once there, they won't be able to play unless they're against similar in terms of rank players. So the question is what can it be done to improve all of this? Well, I think that since it's a new game mode, Lunaro shouldn't have a rank-matchmaking limitation. The fact that it's 3 vs 3 should be enough. 

- And since someone might say that games will get very one-sided if there's no rank-matchmaking, I'll tell you that things get one-sided even with that limitation. It's just harder to start the actual game... And people (like me) just want to play.

You can be kicked from a game? Apparently so. After fighting 2 v 1 (me being the 1) and still managing to score 7 goals but still losing to twice that score, with only a minute left in the match, I decided to 'take a knee' let them pass each other the ball or w.e. Not 30 seconds after this, just before the match ends I get kicked from said match. This a new thing? Subject yourself to humiliation or be kicked? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2016 at 9:28 AM, [DE]Steve said:

Do you like the double entendre title? Lunaro's release on PC is imminent. I wanted to share with you Teshin's rule book, which is also accessible in the game when activating the Lunaro 'Practice' button in the UI (which is a great way to get a feel for launching the Lunaro with your Arcata).

Reveal hidden contents

sst: here is how to access Lunaro & 'Practice' mode:
https://gfycat.com/AnnualSingleFoxterrier

We've iterated on this mode quite a bit, aiming for a slightly less frantic pace, a mode that demands teamwork and coordinated plays and actively discourages one-man-army hogging the ball. To that end, there are few rules you'll need to get accustomed to when you begin your Lunaro career. Here is Teshin's rule book...

History
Lunaro. Ancient sport of the lost Orokin era. Here, on this abandoned field, Tenno will come together in the spirit of honor and teamwork to resurrect this forgotten tradition. Let me explain how it works...

The Objective
Lunaro is a team game, played on a field divided into two halves: Sun and Moon. The objective is simple: get the ball, called a ‘Lunaro’, through the opponent’s goal at the opposite end of the arena. The team with the most points by the end of the match wins the game.

Arcata (Launcher)
To get possession of the Lunaro, you simply touch it. It will pull into your arm-mounted launcher, called your ‘Arcata’. Launch the Lunaro by tapping the fire button. Holding the fire button for the duration of the throw will launch it further. Your Arcata is also equipped with a range-limited attractor. Hold the aim button to attract the Lunaro when it is near. Catching, interceptions and guarding your team’s goal rely on this.

Clearing the Zone
Each team’s goal has a semi-circle area on the field around it, called the Zone. After scoring the attacking team must clear the defender’s zone. Attackers within the zone will have their Arcatas disabled until they clear out. Play resumes with the Lunaro dropping from the defender’s zone. Only the beginning and half-time Lunaro drops occur at center field.

Carrying The Lunaro
The Lunaro contains an ancient and unstable energy. This creates a few carrying rules for the Lunaro. First, you cannot carry the Lunaro for more than 5 seconds, or it will explode. Second, you cannot Bullet Jump with the Lunaro. Doing so drops the Lunaro immediately. These rules encourage teamwork, passing and rebounds to attain victory.

Checking
Use your melee attack and/or Arcata strikes to check other players. Checking the ball carrier will jar the Lunaro loose. Repeated checking of a player will knock them down for a short time. The Lunaro itself can also be struck, making it dangerous and unstable for a few seconds. Being hit by an unstable Lunaro will knock you down.

Passing
Good passing is crucial to winning Lunaro. When aiming near a teammate you will see a chevron appear over them. Tapping fire with this chevron up will automatically pass to that player. Keep in mind it is still possible to intercept a pass, but a passed Lunaro moves faster and more accurately to a receiver than a standard launch.

Scoring
Getting the Lunaro through the opponents goal is worth one point. If the goal is scored from outside the defender’s zone, an additional point is given. If the Lunaro is unstable during the goal, an extra point is also awarded.

Now... practice in this empty arena. Familiarize yourself with the Arcata’s launching and attracting modes. Practice scoring, rebounding and checking. Prepare yourself, Tenno, for the glory of the Lunaro!

Thanks Teshin, you stern-stud, you!

The only thing I'd add to this is good teams don't clump on the Lunaro, instead they assign roles, one guarding the goal and the others looking to make plays off of a pass.

GL;HF

Bonus QA

What happens to the Lunaro when it explodes? It knocks the carrier down and ejects in a random direction, a short distance away on the field.

How do Warframe Powers/Stats/Passive and my Mods affect it? They don't. We are trying out Lunaro as 'pure' and simple as we could stand. No powers, mods are disabled, all Warframe stats are the same... you'll still look cool as hell though!

Bullet Jump drops the Lunaro, what about Double Jump, Sliding, etc? Only Bullet Jump and over-long carry will force the Lunaro out of your Arcata (dropping it). You receive a pass after Bullet Jumping by activating Aim Glide, and slam dunk it into the goal. Instigated the Bullet Jump is the drop trigger. Again: You can Bullet Jump with the Lunaro in your hand, but it will leave the ball behind.

EDIT: I clarifying Bullet Jump catches - you must activate Aim Glide to receive it in air, if you're still playing the Bullet Jump animation you can't catch it.

Its ok but I prefer our Mayan original version with a ball on fire.

Its re-enacted daily at Xcaret in Cancun.

Barefeet versus ball on fire.

Edited by (PS4)aiptekfanboy
included the link to the Mayan fire ball game.

Hey dev long time player recently joined the forums love the game and all lunaro is an awesome game  mode i like it a lot except for 2 things the enemy team running in and scoring without letting us toutch the ball and constant purple shots =_= a lot of unblock-able shots man im usually the blocker so it makes me look bad and feel worse can we cap the purple shots scoring like only 3 times the purple shots count for points .....

• 1 month later...

First, the good things from the recent changes. Punishing RQ'rs. Good work there. The new map is fantastic, though already you have people spamming angry balls until they get it in. Passing is still an issue. Though the R button for pass was a great addition. However, not enough people know this.

That being said, I'm having a few issues:

• Matchmaking is still an issue. I play NA East during peak hours 6-11 PM EDT. 90% I can't find a lobby. I sometimes have to switch my ping limit to well over 400 and even then, sometimes there's no match until at least an hour later. Yes I have tried using my own lobby, and waiting there (bored out of my mind) for over 30 minutes in some cases.
  • Lagging. My god this is horrible. Not only do people teleport, the ball disappears, it's a f$%ng mess. Worse part is I literally just ended up on a host migration with me on the Sun team, still lagged like all hell. Meanwhile, other public missions in PvE smooth as can be for the most part. The worse part of the lag is that oddly enough sometimes moon team seems to be zipping around like they're on drugs, while Sun team is left wondering where the ball is. Again, no idea how this is even possible. The slow shots are also a huge issue. No point in finally getting pass their defense, when you fire your shot (held) it goes off like it's underwater. 
  • Right click no longer works as it used to. I don't know if this was intentional in the last update, but I can no longer use it consistently to 'grab' the ball as it's being fought over, or to run out of my zone after a goal. Most of the time, it does not respond, and when it does it's intermittent at best. I even changed my Corsair gaming mouse for my Razer and still had issues. Other people have told me similar issues, so I've come to the conclusion this was added to the game mode or a bug.

A few suggestions: 

1. Please increase the FOV or make it so it's an additional setting. Right now, if I'm trying to defend, I can't see directly above me, or behind me. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the middle of my defense zone, see the shot coming, and it ends being that I had a million miles of space above me, and to one side or the other. Also, dive saves are damn near impossible when your back is to the shooter, as is the case with most 1 v 1 matches.
  2. Additional report settings, or in match report method. Some people will legit sit there and talk while taking up a spot in your team, and instead of helping they sit to the side, and watch you do all the work. The current report settings do not cover this. Perhaps a 'have they held a lunaro in the past X amount of time' and make a caveat for Tenno in the defense zone. 
  3. Easier way to communicate with the 'enemy' squad. Perhaps to tell them that the lag is awful and just because they can run around like Speedy Gonzales doesn't mean we can too, or that you're working on a particular goal. Setup specific matches, etc. Right now you have to whisper, and some people have absurdly long names that cannot be typed in mid-match.

Thanks for all your hard work and a fantastic game. Rant over. :)

Edited by Shadow8600

Can the pve melee system receive some of the goodness of lunaro?

Martial arts = more ninja+plus no melee weapon condition sorties aren't unstealthable without invisibility (if you are just using the rank 14 how you only have for sorties and nothing else)

Magnetic attraction mechanic for ball = able to target and parkour off of enemies better

Charge attacks work better

Everything works better.

Maybe you can even grab and throw enemies...