Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Rules!

[DE]Steve

10 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Quick question.

Are their any fouls in the game? So can I fly kick the enemy team?

You can shoulder check and smack each other around! Currently we don't penalize this (but you are basically trading your attention on passing/scoring to take someone out). I have seen a few matches where an unstoppable goal tender pisses off the other team so much they come in and start playing more aggressively to try and tip the scoring in their favor.

14 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Since all mods are disabled for this are there plans for Lunaro specific mods in the future? I could see mods that are corrupted in nature (Gain something, lose something) working for a game like this

I think so, but I'm a bit gunshy on that right now. A few missteps and the meta is blown up. Tradeoffs would def be the way to approach it though.

Awesome stuff, gang!

As a longtime fan of Unreal Tournament's Bombing Run mode, I'm pretty dingdang excited to give Lunaro a try. Small question: are there currently any plans to allow for private, invitation-only matches? Friends, clans and alliances might find a lot to love if it was possible to arrange for planned games.

1 minute ago, notlamprey said:

Awesome stuff, gang!

As a longtime fan of Unreal Tournament's Bombing Run mode, I'm pretty dingdang excited to give Lunaro a try. Small question: are there currently any plans to allow for private, invitation-only matches? Friends, clans and alliances might find a lot to love if it was possible to arrange for planned games.

Nice! I do believe private and invite-only is already working for today's release.

It would be cool if we have a seperate loaout section (like for pvp and AW) with 2 slots (one for team moon and one for team sun) where we can color our frames in Sun and moon colors (maybe from pre determined color palettes).

depending which team we are on, it will pick either the moon or sun loadout.

This way you can easily tell who is on your team and your oponents team.

ps. sry if this is too early, but thats just an idea that came to me. damn I am hyped to try it out 

Edited by ChubbysCurryMcToastKing
little typos

7 minutes ago, ChubbysCurryMcToastKing said:

It would be cool if we have a seperate loaout section (like for pvp and AW) with 2 slots (one for team moon and one for team sun) where we can color our frames in Sun and moon colors (maybe from pre determined color palettes).

depending which team we are on, it will pick either the moon or sun loadout.

This way you can easily tell who is on your team and your oponents team.

ps. sry if this is too early, but thats just an idea that came to me. damn I am hyped to try it out 

Smart. I will bring this up. Team visibility does come up as a concern currently.

4 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

Do you like the double entendre title? Lunaro's release on PC is imminent. I wanted to share with you Teshin's rule book, which is also accessible in the game when activating the Lunaro 'Practice' button in the UI (which is a great way to get a feel for launching the Lunaro with your Arcata).

Hide contents

sst: here is how to access Lunaro & 'Practice' mode:
https://gfycat.com/AnnualSingleFoxterrier

We've iterated on this mode quite a bit, aiming for a slightly less frantic pace, a mode that demands teamwork and coordinated plays and actively discourages one-man-army hogging the ball. To that end, there are few rules you'll need to get accustomed to when you begin your Lunaro career. Here is Teshin's rule book...

History
Lunaro. Ancient sport of the lost Orokin era. Here, on this abandoned field, Tenno will come together in the spirit of honor and teamwork to resurrect this forgotten tradition. Let me explain how it works...

The Objective
Lunaro is a team game, played on a field divided into two halves: Sun and Moon. The objective is simple: get the ball, called a ‘Lunaro’, through the opponent’s goal at the opposite end of the arena. The team with the most points by the end of the match wins the game.

Arcata (Launcher)
To get possession of the Lunaro, you simply touch it. It will pull into your arm-mounted launcher, called your ‘Arcata’. Launch the Lunaro by tapping the fire button. Holding the fire button for the duration of the throw will launch it further. Your Arcata is also equipped with a range-limited attractor. Hold the aim button to attract the Lunaro when it is near. Catching, interceptions and guarding your team’s goal rely on this.

Clearing the Zone
Each team’s goal has a semi-circle area on the field around it, called the Zone. After scoring the attacking team must clear the defender’s zone. Attackers within the zone will have their Arcatas disabled until they clear out. Play resumes with the Lunaro dropping from the defender’s zone. Only the beginning and half-time Lunaro drops occur at center field.

Carrying The Lunaro
The Lunaro contains an ancient and unstable energy. This creates a few carrying rules for the Lunaro. First, you cannot carry the Lunaro for more than 5 seconds, or it will explode. Second, you cannot Bullet Jump with the Lunaro. Doing so drops the Lunaro immediately. These rules encourage teamwork, passing and rebounds to attain victory.

Checking
Use your melee attack and/or Arcata strikes to check other players. Checking the ball carrier will jar the Lunaro loose. Repeated checking of a player will knock them down for a short time. The Lunaro itself can also be struck, making it dangerous and unstable for a few seconds. Being hit by an unstable Lunaro will knock you down.

Passing
Good passing is crucial to winning Lunaro. When aiming near a teammate you will see a chevron appear over them. Tapping fire with this chevron up will automatically pass to that player. Keep in mind it is still possible to intercept a pass, but a passed Lunaro moves faster and more accurately to a receiver than a standard launch.

Scoring
Getting the Lunaro through the opponents goal is worth one point. If the goal is scored from outside the defender’s zone, an additional point is given. If the Lunaro is unstable during the goal, an extra point is also awarded.

Now... practice in this empty arena. Familiarize yourself with the Arcata’s launching and attracting modes. Practice scoring, rebounding and checking. Prepare yourself, Tenno, for the glory of the Lunaro!

Thanks Teshin, you stern-stud, you!

The only thing I'd add to this is good teams don't clump on the Lunaro, instead they assign roles, one guarding the goal and the others looking to make plays off of a pass.

GL;HF

Bonus QA

What happens to the Lunaro when it explodes? It knocks the carrier down and ejects in a random direction, a short distance away on the field.

How do Warframe Powers/Stats/Passive and my Mods affect it? They don't. We are trying out Lunaro as 'pure' and simple as we could stand. No powers, mods are disabled, all Warframe stats are the same... you'll still look cool as hell though!

Bullet Jump drops the Lunaro, what about Double Jump, Sliding, etc? Only Bullet Jump and over-long carry will force the Lunaro out of your Arcata (dropping it). You can even receive a pass while Bullet Jumping and Aim Glide into a sweet shot on goal. Instigated the Bullet Jump is the drop trigger. Again: You can Bullet Jump with the Lunaro in your hand, but it will leave the ball behind.

Is there any chance we might see a Lunaro playing field or practice field available to build in our Dojos? Its been a while since the Dojo got some DE love and I would hate to see the perfect opportunity slip by.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Is there any chance we might see a Lunaro playing field or practice field available to build in our Dojos? Its been a while since the Dojo got some DE love and I would hate to see the perfect opportunity slip by.

Great idea, like a half-court for rallies in your dojo.

28 minutes ago, [DE]Steve said:

No, the Lunaro will drop in defenders zone after ... 4 seconds (I think) but your Lunaro launcher (Arcata) is disabled until you clear out of their zone. If the defenders are being sloppy you could clear the zone quick and try to jet back in for possession again, but it tends to have a basketball rhythm to it.

How large is this zone exactly and is it possible to send the Lunaro into the defenders goal from outside the zone if the Arcata have enough range?

1 minute ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Will there be anything like fouls? Or is everything fair play?

Currently no fouls, but you can check and knock someone down - but what we found was, that was keeping you out of the passing/scoring play so we didn't bother (yet).

Just now, [DE]Steve said:

Currently no fouls, but you can check and knock someone down - but what we found was, that was keeping you out of the passing/scoring play so we didn't bother (yet).

Ah, thank you. That's great, as long as there's no way to exploit stuff.