Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We should be able to see each other's pings. The only way to test ping is with the setting ping filter and changing that around already messes with the already buggy match making.

  • Upvote 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds fun.

 

2 questions though.

1: Does the lunaro respawn if it explodes? If it does, where? What happens to the ball carrier when it explodes (knockdown, death?).

2: what warframe stats matter? Is our frame just a cosmetic choice in lunaro, or does it use the mobility stats from regular conclave? I'm assuming that warframe powers are disabled, as lunaro isn't a blood sport.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zoracraft said:

Sounds fun.

 

2 questions though.

1: Does the lunaro respawn if it explodes? If it does, where? What happens to the ball carrier when it explodes (knockdown, death?).

2: what warframe stats matter? Is our frame just a cosmetic choice in lunaro, or does it use the mobility stats from regular conclave? I'm assuming that warframe powers are disabled, as lunaro isn't a blood sport.

Let me edit the main post, great questions

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

What happens to the Lunaro when it explodes? It knocks the carrier down and ejects a short distance away on the field.

(Sorry for the nitpick) Which direction will it eject to?
The direction of your frame is currently facing, the direction of your crosshair is currently aimed at, or is it just a random direction?

Edit : Also, Bullet Jumps are disabled while carrying the Lunaro, but what about rolls, slides and jumps?

Edited by Neah
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Steve, I'm so thrilled about this now. May I ask when are you guys aiming to release this? (I mean, did you schedule it for today or tomorrow?)

Also, thanks to Reddit I must say this reminds me of Kolhii more than Rocket league, hmm...

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"

How do Warframe stats and Mods affect it? We are trying out Lunaro as 'pure' and simple as we could stand. Mods are disabled, all Warframe stats are the same. You'll still look cool as hell though!

 

"

What of passives for Warframes? There are certain warframes with passives that enhances mobility; notable ones that come to mind are Nezha (extra slide, which can be used to sprint faster), Zephyr (less gravity), and Mirage (faster parkour maneuver speeds).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will there be dedicated servers or are we at the mercy of the player that's hosting?

  • Upvote 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BCAW said:

"

How do Warframe stats and Mods affect it? We are trying out Lunaro as 'pure' and simple as we could stand. Mods are disabled, all Warframe stats are the same. You'll still look cool as hell though!

 

"

What of passives for Warframes? There are certain warframes with passives that enhances mobility; notable ones that come to mind are Nezha (extra slide, which can be used to sprint faster), Zephyr (less gravity), and Mirage (faster parkour maneuver speeds).

Passives are disabled in Lunaro as part of this simplicity goal.

  • Upvote 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lunaro itself can also be struck, making it dangerous and unstable for a few seconds. Being hit by an unstable Lunaro will knock you down.

Can unstable Lunaro be catched or struck further? 

A couple Devstreams back, you guys mentioned something along the line of "players coming up with strategies that were unexpected." Based on the limited information you have generously provided us with, I predict the following strategies:

Assuming unstable Lunaros cannot be caught but can be struck, players will intentionally destabilize the Lunaro for the whole game to keep it out of the other team's position, and rely completely on striking to pass and score.

Assuming the unstable Lunaro can be struck AND caught, it would turn into a game of dodgeball, where the optimal method of getting past the opponent's defense would be to charge up a Lunaro, catch it, and use it as a projectile to knock their goalie out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Oh Steve, I'm so thrilled about this now. May I ask when are you guys aiming to release this? (I mean, did you schedule it for today or tomorrow?)

Also, thanks to Reddit I must say this reminds me of Kolhii more than Rocket league, hmm...

TODAY is the goal. Yeah I was afraid it would come off as RL rip off but I'm happy to say it is not playing like RL at all IMO. Its our most relaxed competitive mode, but its still very "Warframe".

  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mormodes said:

Will there be dedicated servers or are we at the mercy of the player that's hosting?

There are no dedicated servers for this release. However... we have been working on our dedicated server code solid for weeks now. We are planning to start small by releasing an experimental launcher option soon for generous Tenno willing to volunteer their beast PC/spares as dedicated server to be used by our matching system. This is coming soon for Lunaro (week(s)?). If we get enough momentum we'll be looking at expanding this as 'first come first server' for official tourneys and the like.

  • Upvote 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, [DE]Steve said:

TODAY is the goal. Yeah I was afraid it would come off as RL rip off but I'm happy to say it is not playing like RL at all IMO. Its our most relaxed competitive mode, but its still very "Warframe".

But will it still behave like Conclave and give XP to the Frames? I guess that only the frames would get XP since there's no weapons, though I'd say that a very small percentage of XP going to gear would be a nice way to get at least a few levels while having fun and have a head start instead of just feeling like we might be losing time because we are not power levelling gear.

I mean, it would be a nice bonus but by no means required. I'm not a fan of PvP at all (any PvP game really, only Overwatch seems interesting to me since team play actually seems to matter there, but can't play it anyway), but this game mode looks really fun. I really like the look of UI, different from our usual UI, but looks good and fitting. Great Job!

Oh, and I wonder if any inspiration came from Unreal Tournament's Bombing Run mode. It is a different game mode that still allows weapons and killing, but is all around carrying a ball (well, a bomb) and put it in a "goal". It was a really fun and different mode in those games and it was pretty great (didn't DE worked at some degree in the Unreal games as well?).

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the rewards for the winning team?

Will mods be included with this?

Will the Arcata be a weapon in game or will it just be exclusive to Lunaro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Am overall mixed with what i think of it. I think it will be fun but may also end up like conclave and/or archwing which i hope it wont. The sad part is those to game modes are relatively ignored (mainly archwing) with some of the last content for it coming out over 3 big updates ago. I think it will be fun as hell but worried it will die off like archwing.

Edited by Brickstar788

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you say you get a bonus point for the Lunaro being unstable when you get a goal does that mean you let it explode on you and it happens to make a goal (since it says it flys off in a random direction) or is there some way of guiding it?

Edited by -Amaterasu-
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@[DE]Steve after this is all worked out and well, can you please add a "basketball" version with a hoop as a form of scoring?

Gameplay would basically be the same thing, just a different way of shooting the Lunaro - when charging a shot it arcs higher and goes farther.

Edited by (PS4)lNoctus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG!! Need defilibrator to jump start the Servers pretty Soon... If Lunaros comes out tonight!! 

*takes spyglass to look at horizon and notices a great crowd, myriads upon myriads of Tenno approaching in a clowd* 

Please Steve, I beg you to put the coffee machine close to the servers! >.>

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve your awesome thanks for taking the time out to speak to the community and for all your hard work. I feel that you guys dont get enough praise as people dont understand how much hard work actually goes into development so thank you again.

I am Looking forward to the new Lunaro mode and the next few quests  / releases that you have planned. I would also definately be willing to host a server /s for you guys all

I would need in return is some awesome looking sigil or tenno Goodies maybe even similar perks to guides of the lotus :O

:)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

But will it still behave like Conclave and give XP to the Frames? I guess that only the frames would get XP since there's no weapons, though I'd say that a very small percentage of XP going to gear would be a nice way to get at least a few levels while having fun and have a head start instead of just feeling like we might be losing time because we are not power levelling gear.

I mean, it would be a nice bonus but by no means required. I'm not a fan of PvP at all (any PvP game really, only Overwatch seems interesting to me since team play actually seems to matter there, but can't play it anyway), but this game mode looks really fun. I really like the look of UI, different from our usual UI, but looks good and fitting. Great Job!

Oh, and I wonder if any inspiration came from Unreal Tournament's Bombing Run mode. It is a different game mode that still allows weapons and killing, but is all around carrying a ball (well, a bomb) and put it in a "goal". It was a really fun and different mode in those games and it was pretty great (didn't DE worked at some degree in the Unreal games as well?).

Yep, you gain XP/conclave standing from Lunaro! And yes, DE did Bombing Run way back in the day, I wrote some of the code and did some FX for it :P (shakes cane)

  • Upvote 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...